PDA

View Full Version : Kaye Cowher, wife of former coach, dies at age 54

TheOldProgrammer
July 25th, 2010, 5:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArSkzHnZgZDph4jsug7my0ZDubYF?slug=ap-obit-kayecowher

:smoke

CenTexDave
July 25th, 2010, 8:08 AM
Read it yesterday. This is one of the main reasons Bill Cowher retired from coaching. Now the kids are all grown, one still in college I believe. He could be prowling the sidelines next year.

TheOldProgrammer
July 25th, 2010, 8:57 AM
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him on the sidelines next season... Maybe sooner if there's a real failure in the coaching ranks... :smoke

corgifan
July 25th, 2010, 1:35 PM
I don't have a problem with current coach Wade Phillips. He's actually much more effective than I thought he'd be, and a very good communicator. If he can't get it done I wouldn't mind seeing Bill take the reins. But would his blue collar style work in Big D? He might be better off in Chicago, Cleveland, NY Giants, Redskins, Denver, or KC.

TheOldProgrammer
July 26th, 2010, 7:10 AM
Forget the Redskins; they have Mike Shannahan now and he should turn them around within 2 years... :smoke

corgifan
July 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Forget the Redskins; they have Mike Shannahan now and he should turn them around within 2 years... :smoke

I agree. He's a good man.
Man, do I feel bad for Bill. His wife seemed so sweet and they appeared to be so into each other. What a wonderful family. It's scary that, even with the best medical care money can buy, if cancer is determined to take you out you're a gonner.

CenTexDave
July 26th, 2010, 6:46 PM
I don't have a problem with current coach Wade Phillips. He's actually much more effective than I thought he'd be, and a very good communicator. If he can't get it done I wouldn't mind seeing Bill take the reins. But would his blue collar style work in Big D? He might be better off in Chicago, Cleveland, NY Giants, Redskins, Denver, or KC.

Would love to see Cowher in Cleveland. He played for the Browns. Wasn't a very good LB but he sure knows the game.

CenTexDave
July 26th, 2010, 6:47 PM

:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl