PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James Signing

corgifan
July 8th, 2010, 3:14 AM
I'm up late with summer insomnia and see that the latest prediction is that LeBron James is set to sign with the Miami Heat. I don't care who he signs with, but I predict that if he doesn't sign with Cleveland there are going to be riots in the streets there.

CenTexDave
July 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
If he signs with Miami they will instantly become the top team in the league. They already have Dwayne Wade and signed that PG from NO.
Cleveland's owner might as well sell the team. Without him they are not a playoff team. All the players they brought in to fit around the King didn't work. They have good, young players and didn't need Shaq, Antoine Jamison, etc.

cnjbond
July 8th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I can't believe this joker is getting this much attention! A special on ESPN to announce who he's signing with? Come on really?!!! I think he's a great player, but to demand this kind of attention is ridiculous. I was a HUGE Lebron fan but this process has left a bad taste in my mouth for this joker and ESPN for allowing this crap to happen on their network........................................but I'll be watching tonight to see where he goes! :)

CenTexDave
July 8th, 2010, 1:57 PM
I WAS a huge fan also. Was is past tense. This is really getting to be a three ring circus. Hopefully he'll break his leg after he signs some ridiculous $200M/8 year contract.

kantwin
July 8th, 2010, 7:58 PM
Who?

CenTexDave
July 8th, 2010, 9:33 PM
Miami wins, but the NBA, in whole, loses.

Rick
July 9th, 2010, 8:29 PM
Now this is funny!

The sports memorabilia business Fathead Inc., a company owned by (Cavs owner, Dan) Gilbert, offered LeBron James wall graphics online Friday at price reduced from $99.99 to $17.41. (Famous traitor Benedict Arnold was born in 1741. Coincidence?)

TheOldProgrammer
July 10th, 2010, 4:41 AM
I'm one that doesn't believe in coincidence... Considering what the Cavs owner said shortly after "the announcement"; he planned that price... 8-;

Only thing Miami won was getting James... That doesn't in any way guarantee a championship... They have three players now... The rest of their roster sucks...

And, the ultimate question; what happens when he fails to win a championship in Miami? Where does he run to next?? :smoke

corgifan
July 10th, 2010, 1:50 PM
Things will be fine and dandy for a few months, but there will be infighting before you know it as they each try to be the alpha on that team.

Voice-of-Reason
July 11th, 2010, 12:02 PM
People take sports way too serious! What he did is no different from quitting one company and working for another. He's not a traitor ... sheesh! Those folks need to get a life.

If the tables were turned, I wonder if the team and the fans would show the same courtesy that they expect of him. I doubt it.

CenTexDave
July 11th, 2010, 7:27 PM
It's obvious his main objective is to win an NBA Championship. Cleveland offered him $30M more than any other team did, but past experience has shown Cleveland's management did not surround him with much talent. Sure Shaq was great - 5 years ago. Mo Williams was inconsistent. Antoine Jamison never heard of defense. LeBron James can't do it all. He'll have plenty of help in Miami.

cnjbond
July 11th, 2010, 7:52 PM
I think the biggest heartburn people have, including myself, is the way he left. He has definitely fallen off my "good guy" list.

Rick
July 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Maybe due to missing the college experience, he didn't learn how to win and more importantly, to learn how to lead a team to a win.

So now, he will have to join someone's else's team in hopes of doing that.

cnjbond
July 12th, 2010, 6:37 AM
He went from being a "King" to just a member of the Round Table...