PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Labonte - Time for his Farewell?

wolfcub
June 23rd, 2010, 3:07 PM
What has he done recently? NADA...time to go....

Labonte not in the #71 at NHMS: Andy Lally, and not Bobby Labonte, will drive the #71 Chevy for TRG Motorsports in the Sprint Cup race this weekend in New Hampshire. Despite rumors that Labonte and TRG have parted ways, owner Kevin Buckler said that wasn't the case. "We're still trying to work through everything," Buckler said. Lally, 35, has won three Grand-Am Rolex Series titles and also competing in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. Lally is a six-year TRG veteran.(FoxSports)
AND: Bobby Labonte plans to part ways with TRG Motorsports, sources said Tuesday. An announcement is expected Wednesday that Labonte has left the team. Labonte possibly could end up in the #7 Robby Gordon Motorsports Toyota and run the full race this weekend at New Hampshire. The team and crew chief Doug Randolph parted ways a few weeks ago.(SceneDaily)(6-23-2010)

Bobby Labonte to Drive for Robby Gordon Motorsports at Loudon: Robby Gordon Motorsports will put 2000 NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Bobby Labonte behind the wheel of the #7 Toyota at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 this weekend in a current one-race deal. "When we found out that Bobby was available to drive for us, we jumped at it," said team owner Robby Gordon. "To have a past champion driving your car is a good opportunity. I think we can learn from him this weekend and it will help our program moving forward." Robby Gordon Motorsports finished second in last weekend's race at the Infineon Raceway. "I can't thank Robby and his folks enough for this opportunity," said Labonte. "We're going to New Hampshire with the goal of having another solid run for his team. They had a great finish at Sonoma and have some momentum right now. I'm just thankful for the opportunity and hope to get another solid finish for his team." Labonte will be making his first start for Robby Gordon Motorsports and plans on running the full race this Sunday.(Robby Gordon Motorsports)(6-23-2010)

Way to use that past Champions Provision Robby

Labonte to run #09 car for two race: Phoenix Racing and team owner James Finch announced that Bobby Labonte will drive the team's #09 Chevy in a two-race agreement. Labonte will race the #09 Chevy in the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway on July 3rd. He is also slated to drive the LifeLock.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway on July 10th for the team. The team will compete for wins in both events. "It's good to know that we'll have a past champion in our car for these two races," said team owner James Finch. "I've known Bobby for a while and he always works hard behind the wheel. This is a good opportunity for us to race for a win." Labonte, a veteran of the Coca-Cola Racing Family, will be making his 600th career start at Daytona during the Coke Zero 400. The team is currently looking for sponsorship for the two events and will secure Labonte for additional events if sponsorship can be acquired. "Any driver wants the chance to win at Daytona," said Labonte. "It's awesome that James has given me this opportunity and also the chance to compete at Chicagoland. I'm looking forward to these two races and making my 600th start at Daytona during the Coke Zero 400."(Breaking Limits / PR)(6-23-2010)

TheOldProgrammer
June 23rd, 2010, 3:27 PM
It's time for Bobby to retire instead of embarassing himself riding around like a 'rolling back marker'... He hasn't been competitive since he left Joe Gibbs... Guess he just didn't learn from watching Dale Jarrett and Michael Waltrip... :smoke

kantwin
June 23rd, 2010, 5:54 PM
Also Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip, for that matter.

wolfcub
June 24th, 2010, 6:57 AM
I have to say the worst "farewell" ever was the Darryl Waltrip (Farewell TOur) he took for a year. OMG that was painful to watch!!!!

kantwin
June 24th, 2010, 5:46 PM
His chrome car season (25th year in NASCAR) wasn't too spectacular, either.

TheOldProgrammer
June 25th, 2010, 3:40 PM
And with qualifying complete at NHIS; Juan Pablo is on the pole and Bobby Labonte is in on Owners Points for Robby Gordon's car but made no qualifying run...

If you'd like to see the starting grid:
http://jayski.com/stats/2010/grids/17nhms2010grid.htm#results

:smoke