PDA

View Full Version : CTC Child Development Center

stormy
June 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
So my little guy is ready for a more "school" environment. We had heard really good things about this place.

Anyone have any comments and/or experience with this center?

TexMexYum
June 11th, 2010, 2:22 PM
Speaking from my personal experience, I think CTC Child Development Center is a top-notch place with workers who truly care about the children. I think it's the best childcare center in the Killeen area.

beaver
June 11th, 2010, 2:31 PM
Speaking from my personal experience, I think CTC Child Development Center is a top-notch place with workers who truly care about the children. I think it's the best childcare center in the Killeen area.
ditto this

Our kids went there years ago. It is an awesome place ..... better get on the waiting list.

stormy
June 11th, 2010, 2:52 PM
Thanks for the posts! Went there to today to turn in his paperwork. He starts Monday (I think he was on the wait list almost a year)! I spoke with the director and she is VERY nice and showed me around. I love the observation booth, that's pretty cool and the daily schedule looks great. I think he'll love it. I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes!

stormy
June 14th, 2010, 1:39 PM
Took my little guy for his first day of "school" today. Everyone was very nice, and when they separated the kids into their age group classes, we slipped out and watched him through the observation room & turned on the speaker so we could hear(very cool BTW). He didn't even look for us as they sat down and got ready for centers.

Funny thing is, he's been in daycare since he was 2 months old, and for some strange reason I am sitting here at work with this strange feeling in my stomach, like I'm the one who started at a new place today. I guess it's because I remember how it felt to start a new school with new kids, new surroundings, and teachers I didn't know.

He seemed fine, so we'll see how he did at the end of the day! :)

Pebbles
June 16th, 2010, 9:44 PM
Loved it! The staff is wonderful. My daughter went there. The teachers were Ms. Tobie, Ms. Vickie, Ms. Sharon and Ms. Easter. There are more teachers I just can't remember the names. Then you have the college students that do their 'teaching' hours there. So the ratio of students to teachers is really great. I think that there was about 20 adults and 13 kids per room.
The playground structure made me nervous because one part of the climbing structure is open so the kids can go down this swirly thing. That made me nervous that my daughter would fall off of it but she never did.
Ms. Gabby the cook made some dishes that my daughter would only eat there.
The prices is great. my daughter still talks about the place and she has not been there for 3 years now.