PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Cowboys...

corgifan
May 30th, 2010, 10:08 PM
...will not reach the Super Bowl. Pretty cool if they do, though.

cnjbond
May 31st, 2010, 8:31 AM
And you say this why?

cityboy
May 31st, 2010, 8:40 AM
Tony Romo doesn't have what it takes. He can't perform under pressure. Same thing in golf. He's an excellent golfer (apparently), but is unable to reach the highest level ...

corgifan
May 31st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Having Wade Phillips as head coach won't help matters either. Too bad the 'boys can't lure Bill Cowher out of retirement. Between Jerry Jones determination to build an unstoppable force and Cowher's toughness we might get somewhere... fast.

cnjbond
May 31st, 2010, 10:28 AM
I'm not a Romo fan AT ALL, but I'll be the 1st to admit that he had a pretty good season last year. If he plays anywhere near as good this year AND the defensive secondary learns how to stop passes then I think the chances of them reaching the Superbowl (in their own stadium) are looking pretty good.

Wade bought himself at least 2 more years with the boys by winning their 1st playoff game in over 10yrs but I wouldn't mind seeing Cower's scowl on the sidelines!

corgifan
May 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM
Could you imagine? I'm sorry, but the Cowboys simply don't have a "tough" reputation. Cowher would change that in a hurry. And Romo is a giggling school girl when he wins and a pouty punk when he loses.

CenTexDave
May 31st, 2010, 8:07 PM
They'd best do something in the next 2 years or so. All those excellent defensive players are starting to get old.

cnjbond
June 1st, 2010, 12:26 AM
The whole team should play better, this is the most continuity they've had in awhile as far as players, coaches and systems are concerned.

CenTexDave
June 1st, 2010, 4:58 PM
We'll see. Was Miles Austin a rookie, one year wonder? Will Dez Bryant implode? Will Roy Williams even catch a pass? And they pissed off Patrick Crayton so he wants out.
Yeah, their receiver corps will be the one to take them as far as they go.

cnjbond
July 23rd, 2010, 8:26 AM
Well Bryant has finally signed his contract for 5yrs 11.8 million with 8.3 mill being guaranteed. I think that's a heckuva steal if this guy pans out to be as good or better than he's predicted to be...although I'm sure he will hold out for money if he does have a good season.

CenTexDave
July 24th, 2010, 9:27 PM
I'm not a Romo fan AT ALL, but I'll be the 1st to admit that he had a pretty good season last year. If he plays anywhere near as good this year AND the defensive secondary learns how to stop passes then I think the chances of them reaching the Superbowl (in their own stadium) are looking pretty good.

Wade bought himself at least 2 more years with the boys by winning their 1st playoff game in over 10yrs but I wouldn't mind seeing Cower's scowl on the sidelines!

Might be possible to see Cowher's scowl on the sidelines. Unfortunately, Bill Cowher's wife died today from a bout with skin cancer. This was the main reason he retired as the Steelers' coach. With her gone, the kids either in college or totally out of the house, he might decide to go back into coaching.

cnjbond
July 25th, 2010, 5:26 PM
I think Dallas is still at least 2 years away from replacing Wade. The Boys would have to suffer a complete breakdown this year for Wade to be let go any sooner.

xzochye
July 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Has anyone gone to a game at the new stadium? If so, have you seen the party box area? What are your impressions of it? I am thinking of getting tickets for a game.

cnjbond
July 30th, 2010, 8:38 PM
Say it ain't so...Dez Bryant is out 4-6wks with a high ankle sprain!

CenTexDave
July 31st, 2010, 12:19 PM
It's so. Bet they are glad they didn't let Patrick Crayton go.

cnjbond
July 31st, 2010, 2:03 PM
This sucks because now the pressure is off of Brick Hands Williams and Miles Austin (although Austin may have to perform to get that big paycheck if the Boys wait 'til mid season like they did with Romo). I guess this is the best position to overcome a setback out of all of them.

CenTexDave
August 9th, 2010, 5:57 PM
Boys looked pretty decent last night. The defense was especially good.

Night Owl
August 10th, 2010, 7:59 AM
2nd teamer's. What will these guys look like going against starters?

cnjbond
August 10th, 2010, 4:38 PM
I'm just happy our 2nd teamers looked good against someone else's...usually they get killed! Now it looks like we can have some guys rotate into the starting lineup and not have too much of a dropoff in skills.

cnjbond
August 22nd, 2010, 7:21 AM
It really sucks being here in GA, missed another Cowboy game and from reading news articles and catching reports on ESPN, the offense missed the game also! I still think it's too early to hit the panic button but it might be time to put our hand on it in preparation to push it. It looks like wins are gonna come from the defense leading the way...

CenTexDave
August 22nd, 2010, 8:15 AM
The first team defense did not look good at all. The only reason it wasn't 21-7 at the half is because they forced a couple turnovers deep in their own territory.

cnjbond
August 23rd, 2010, 1:53 PM
This next game should show what we're gonna look like the remainder of the season. I normally don't put a lot of stock in the pre-season but I don't think they're at the level to be able to cruise through the pre-season and then turn it on for the regular season. All the 1st teamers should get plenty of playing time to establish a rythm...I'll keep my fingers crossed!

cnjbond
August 28th, 2010, 7:51 PM
It's only the 2nd qtr but my goodness Dallas looks terrible on both sides of the ball. I know the defense is probably tired since the offense keeps going 3 and out but geeze...it's now time to hit the panic button! That offense is disgusting!

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2010, 8:15 PM
This team needs to get its head out now before it carries over to the regular season.

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Pathetic.

Rick
August 28th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Look at the bright side, a Texas team won.!!! :bluerofl

cnjbond
August 28th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather have "False Start" Flozell back on that line and move Free back into Columbo's spot. That O-line was pitiful! Free has been playing good but he is definitely missed in his old spot.

CenTexDave
August 29th, 2010, 8:48 PM
Did you watch Flozell tonight in the Broncos-Steelers game?
Yep - another false start. :))

cnjbond
August 30th, 2010, 5:26 AM
You know he's always good for at least one or two. I think he seriously needs to have his hearing tested, that's just ridiculous.

cnjbond
September 3rd, 2010, 6:46 PM
Wow, Dallas traded Patrick Crayton to the Chargers for a 7th rounder next year. I really hate to see him go, he was a heckuva lot better than Roy "Look Ma, No Hands" Williams! He was a victim of a team paying too much for a player to let him go. I wish him luck down in San Diego, except when he plays the Cowboys of course! Looks like Hurd may have made the team but we'll have to wait and see after tomorrows cut deadline...

CenTexDave
September 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Big, big mistake.
Is Miles Austin really the "real deal" or did he just have a great breakout season because none of the opposition knew what to expect from him and didn't cover him. He picked up the vast majority of his yardage and big plays early in the season. Towards the end of the season the opponents were covering him closely and he didn't have many big games.
We already know Williams is not much help. Ogletree is coming along nicely so I imagine they felt Crayton was expendable. Crayton was versatile - could return kicks also. He also played QB in college. I wish the Cowboys would have tried him on an end around option run/pass. It might have been a big gainer.

moore254
September 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Crayton didn't want to be there anymore just because Dez. I think if you can't get along with someone you should leave. Dez is a good player. I watched the camp in SA. However, he is definately overrated. Austin in REALLY good. He's a fame whore right now, but dude can play. Romo needs to work on his passes. It seems like every time he's in a relationship, his game falls apart. They let Marcus Dixon go. which was a surprise!!

moore254
September 4th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Wow, Dallas traded Patrick Crayton to the Chargers for a 7th rounder next year. I really hate to see him go, he was a heckuva lot better than Roy "Look Ma, No Hands" Williams! He was a victim of a team paying too much for a player to let him go. I wish him luck down in San Diego, except when he plays the Cowboys of course! Looks like Hurd may have made the team but we'll have to wait and see after tomorrows cut deadline...

Don't get me started on Williams. He's in it for the money, not the fans, game, or the job.

moore254
September 12th, 2010, 8:07 PM
They are playing like CRAP right now!!

corgifan
September 12th, 2010, 11:03 PM
What was Barron thinking of on that last play. He wrapped up that pass rusher in a freaking bear hug. It's not like he was getting beaten on the play, the guy ran right into him. He could have stood him straight up. The ref had no choice but to call that one. Bad way to start the year. I will predict right now, however, that they are going to wax the Bears next week.

cnjbond
September 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM
I hope and pray that Yahoo is cut before the team flies back to Dallas. He was HORRIBLE!!! Talk about nearly singlehandedly losing a game for your team.

CenTexDave
September 13th, 2010, 6:18 AM
Sure, Barron's fault. But the Cowboys' offense stunk it up all night long up until that play. The defense played great.
I don't know what the offense's problem is - I imagine the loss of two starts on the o-line is one of the big problems - but they'd better get their heads out quick.

cnjbond
September 13th, 2010, 7:47 AM
I'm still waiting to see this supposedly high-powered offense. How can you not burn a team that's blitzing every down with the weapons the Cowboys have on offense? No excuse. I know it's still early in the season but you don't lose to division rivals, that's like 2 losses...

CenTexDave
September 13th, 2010, 8:40 AM
They moved the ball well, but once in the red zone bogged down. Way too many penalties - 12 for 90+ yards. Sure way to kill a drive every time.
I'm beginning to think this Jason Garrett is not the offensive guru everyone thinks he is.
They should have just run the ball at the end of the first half and gone into the locker room and regrouped. Unforgivable to give up a TD on a messed up play like that at the end of the first half.
All in all, a piss-poor showing by them. They have a tough schedule this year. From what I've seen of them during preseason and last night, this team will go 10-6 and not win the division. Doubtful they will do anything in the playoffs either.
Might be time to get on the Texans bandwagon. They sure looked good.

cnjbond
September 13th, 2010, 9:56 AM
Although the Texans did look good, I don't think I'm ready to give up on the Boys just yet. I agree that the slopy play is what's killing them and they're nowhere near a good enough team to overcome it. Wade is going to have to do something to address that problem or the 2yr additional time I thought he earned by winning a playoff game will quickly dwindle down to this being his last year. Especially with Chucky and Cowher still available!

corgifan
September 19th, 2010, 5:10 PM
I will predict right now, however, that they are going to wax the Bears next week.

Schitt... what a surprise. I'm wrong again. Is it too late for me to say that the Cowboys suck this year?

kantwin
September 19th, 2010, 5:41 PM
Schitt... what a surprise. I'm wrong again. Is it too late for me to say that the Cowboys suck this year?
Bandwagon jumper . . . LOL

cnjbond
September 19th, 2010, 7:15 PM
Might be time to get on the Texans bandwagon. They sure looked good.
I'm already on it, lol! That was heckuva comeback against the Skins!

kantwin
September 26th, 2010, 7:52 AM
Texans Fan: knock knock
Cowboys Fan: who's there
Texans Fan: Owen
Cowboys Fan: Owen who?
Texans Fan: 0 and 3

CenTexDave
September 26th, 2010, 8:39 AM
:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

cnjbond
September 26th, 2010, 9:16 AM
You suck Kan't-get-right, I mean Kantwin!!!

kantwin
September 26th, 2010, 9:54 AM
C'mon, even CTD thought it was funny. :)

moore254
September 27th, 2010, 8:15 PM
Knock, knock.
Schaub: Who's there?
Romo: Ware
Schaub: Ware who?
Romo: Ware was your team during that game?

cnjbond
September 28th, 2010, 9:57 PM
I'll give you a 3 out of 5 for that one moore.

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2010, 11:09 PM
And DeMarcus Ware was just selected as the NFL Defensive Player of the Week.