PDA

View Full Version : back pain

christine
March 23rd, 2009, 6:23 AM
Does anyone have suggestions for back pain? I’ve never been big on taking medicine but it’s getting ridiculous. It’s like a pinched nerve or something. Only thing is I have to be careful about what I take because I’m having a baby. So please any suggestions? I'm willing to try just about anything.

FieryPrincess
March 23rd, 2009, 6:45 AM
Pregnancy Massage.

Went every other week once I got big enough that my back noticed.

It was completely worth EVERY penny! Make sure you find a therapist that is qualified for maternuty massage and see the same one so they can get used to you and your issues.

We were on the dirt side of poor when I was pg with my first and we made it work.

circle_c
March 23rd, 2009, 7:43 AM
Chris don't know if this might help, but some people I know, including my self try the cold pack, then heat pack iimediately after the cold. however being pregant I would ask my doctor first... or call a nurse hot line at SW.. It has helped relieve some sever back pain for me at times....

CenTexDave
March 23rd, 2009, 8:53 AM
Remember - save a horse and ride a cowboy!!

Scarlett
March 23rd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Riding the cowboy is what got her in this position in the first place, Dave.

Army Sarge
March 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Does anyone have suggestions for back pain? I’ve never been big on taking medicine but it’s getting ridiculous. It’s like a pinched nerve or something. Only thing is I have to be careful about what I take because I’m having a baby. So please any suggestions? I'm willing to try just about anything.
Any tingling/numbness in your feet?

Scarlett
March 23rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
A good chiropractor can work on pregnant women too...you might wanna go check on that. If it is a pinched nerve, they will "un-pinch" ya.

Dagobert II
March 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
You may wish to consult a doctor regarding the possibility of spinal spondylosis. http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/back-pain/spondylosis-what-it-actually-means

VooDooBaby
March 23rd, 2009, 1:02 PM
Christine, how far along are you? You can take tylenol and even tylenol 3 with codiene. I was even prescribed Vocodin for my tooth ache during the second trimester.. BUT, if you are in your third trimester, be careful about your "back pains". I went to the Dr. for "back pain" two weeks before my due date, and 4 hours later I was holding my brand new son in my arms.

christine
March 23rd, 2009, 1:41 PM
i am no more than 3months (i think) go to the doc next month.
Yes iv been to the chiropractor. it helps but im soon back where i started & I don't do anything to cause it that i know of.
as for the tingling...there is none.
I don't have any family history that would mean a gentic problems.
& Dave, Why don't you go ride a cowboy. giddyup! lol

Deb
March 23rd, 2009, 3:36 PM
A good chiropractor can work on pregnant women too...you might wanna go check on that. If it is a pinched nerve, they will "un-pinch" ya.
I was going to suggest the same thing Scarlett. I get pinched nerves in my back when one of my discs slips out of place and pinches on a nerve. Then I start getting migraines. Not a lot of fun. Last migraine I had was Labor Day weekend 1999. I was taking care of funeral arrangements for my mom back in Kansas City, MO. I was going to leave Kansas City and go back to Colorado, but decided against it when I woke up with the dam headache. So much for leaving that morning. Fortunately, I had several days paid for at the motel, and was able to make it to the bathroom when I felt like throwing up.

christine
March 23rd, 2009, 6:22 PM
I suppose I'll have to try a Pregnancy Massage & ice. It’s the only thing I haven’t done. I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Thanks.:) happy monday everyone!

CenTexDave
March 23rd, 2009, 8:30 PM
Riding the cowboy is what got her in this position in the first place, Dave.

Sure it is, but she can't do any belly slapping now, can she?

christine
March 23rd, 2009, 9:13 PM
i think your just trying to get a rise out of scarlett & me....so sad. lol

CenTexDave
March 23rd, 2009, 9:20 PM
No, not true. Just trying to help with your symptoms.
Besides, Scarlett isn't talking to me tonight.

christine
March 23rd, 2009, 9:26 PM
o what a shock so your forced to talk to me. LOL now thats punishment.

CenTexDave
March 23rd, 2009, 9:30 PM
I'm not talking to you - I'm giving my diagnosis.
If you want to talk PM me.

christine
March 23rd, 2009, 9:49 PM
maybe latter. I'v got to go. have a good one:)