PDA

View Full Version : Maid service

cityboy
April 28th, 2010, 2:54 PM
Anybody recommend a good maid service (for maybe twice-a-month house cleaning)?

Chief
April 28th, 2010, 5:09 PM
Molly Maid, 451 East CTE, Suite A, Harker Heights, 953-1310, jfine@seacove.net. Very good, have used for several years now.

Scarlett
April 28th, 2010, 6:55 PM
How much does something like that cost and what do they do exactly?

CenTexDave
April 28th, 2010, 7:17 PM
Used one once upon a time. Can't state on here on it turned out, except she turned out to be a sweet young thing!

cityboy
April 28th, 2010, 8:43 PM
Had a maid service for awhile several years ago. Seems like it was 80 bucks a visit. They did a really good job at first (cleaned the heck outta the place: floors, bathrooms, kitchen, all that good stuff), but something happened and the quality started slipping and people got fired and I don't know what all happened ...

Chief
April 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Molly Maid will come to your house and see the size and what all needs to be done. First time they come they go throught the place with a fine tooth comb, afterthat it's upkeep. They do bathrooms, kitchen, all rooms, vacuum, dust, mop, empty trash, etc. Cost is based on size of home/apt. Give them a call, estimate is free with no obligation.
I don't have a dog in this hunt, just have used them for more than 5 years and have been a satisfied customer.

sasquatch
December 27th, 2010, 7:47 AM
not sure if this is still needed, but try this number. (254) 462-4630 Sparkling cleaning services. I think her name is Stephanie Myers. She used to clean my house. Did a great job.

moore254
December 27th, 2010, 5:22 PM
Anita's Cleaning Service is AMAZING!!! Very reasonable, free estimates, etc. Give her a call:

Anita (254) 289-0481

dawglover
January 3rd, 2011, 9:31 PM
Will she give me a bath as part of the deal?:))

christine
January 4th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Will she give me a bath as part of the deal?:))

Well you would be paying them. It may be any extra charge hahahaha

THEMEANOGRE
January 6th, 2011, 6:16 AM
Whether you choose a larger company like Molly Maid or just someone personally recommended, make sure they are bonded. It shouldn't need to be mentioned but, there are a few out there that let temptation get the better of them too much of the time.
If they have ads, many will mention if they are bonded in those ads.

engteach64
January 9th, 2011, 9:18 PM
I used Molly Maids. 200.00 the first time to do a deep cleaning. It was so worth it. 80.00 every 2 weeks after that. The second time they cleaned it was horrible. I cancelled. It was not worth paying 80.00 every two weeks. You also cannot change your date if it falls on a day you don't want them there.

moore254
March 16th, 2011, 8:31 PM
Anita's Cleaning Service just opened up their own Facebook page. They're really good though! Flexible too!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Anitas-Cleaning-Service/148355665227282

SciTeach
August 5th, 2011, 9:21 AM
I don't know if you're still looking but...I use A&H Cleaning (254)289-3771. The woman started this business after her husband passed away and she's got a very good crew. I use them once a month ($65...but I have a very small house and she does the estimate based on the size of the house and what you want done). Business is bonded and insured. She will let you change your date if you need to. I cancel my appointments during the summer and only use her during the school year and that's no problem either. If her crew comes and you notice some things weren't done, or weren't done to your satisfaction, she will send the crew back at no charge (this only happened to me once).

dawglover
August 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I don't know if you're still looking but...I use A&H Cleaning (254)289-3771. The woman started this business after her husband passed away and she's got a very good crew. I use them once a month ($65...but I have a very small house and she does the estimate based on the size of the house and what you want done). Business is bonded and insured. She will let you change your date if you need to. I cancel my appointments during the summer and only use her during the school year and that's no problem either. If her crew comes and you notice some things weren't done, or weren't done to your satisfaction, she will send the crew back at no charge (this only happened to me once).

We use A&H Cleaning (254)289-3771 as well. We have for several months now, twice a month. I found them on Angies List where they were top rated. They service the whole area, Cove through Belton and everything in between. They are fully bonded, trustworthy, do excellent work, are timely and reliable and friendly and professional in everyway. They are reasonably priced with good value for your money. We think they are great and highly recommend them.

RalphCossey
August 8th, 2011, 5:25 PM
I'd like to hire a maid service with my best half away, but my concern is in the equipment they use. I don't want critters/eggs/spawns or whatever from the last house being left in my house by crawling out of a vaccuum or duster.

So I want to use my own cleaning equipment/tools. That said, I want the price to reflect that I pay only for labor and maybe polish/cleaner provided by the company.

I can't find anyone willing to give break on price based on this.

Cheep, cheep cheep... There goes Tweetie Bird again :-)