PDA

View Full Version : Masters

cnjbond
April 11th, 2010, 8:02 PM
Just got back from watching the final round of the Masters and WOW that course is AWESOME!!! Words can not describe how beautiful it is. I had a great seat at the "Amen Corner" that was less than 10' away from the golfers as they teed off on the 12th hole....PRICELESS!!!!

JoAnn Purser
April 11th, 2010, 9:33 PM
I am so happy for Phil Mickelson and his family.

Night Owl
April 11th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I was glad that Phil won, but I would have been happy with anyone winning but Tiger Woods.

kantwin
April 12th, 2010, 5:15 AM
It looks like a beautiful course. How much were tickets?

cnjbond
April 12th, 2010, 4:26 PM
It looks like a beautiful course. How much were tickets?
They held a drawing on post for 100 tickets, winners only paid $50. There were scalpers outside the gates selling them for a couple grand!

Phil is definitely a class act! He received a standing ovation at nearly every tee and he genuinely looked appreciative, tipping his cap and waiving to fans...I am definitely a Mickelson fan now.

Ernie Els is a pretty BIG dude...I didn't realize how tall he was and Tiger is a lot taller in person too.

RalphCossey
April 12th, 2010, 4:28 PM
I was glad that Phil won, but I would have been happy with anyone winning but Tiger Woods.

Dave-

What's that about?

You casting stones, or passing them?

Night Owl
April 12th, 2010, 4:38 PM
I am not a fan of Tiger Woods. And his recent history confirmed why I am not a fan.

I have been a Golden Bear fan since the 70s.

I don't throw stones I state my beliefs and if people don't like that, so be it.

cnjbond
April 12th, 2010, 4:44 PM
I am not a fan of Tiger Woods. And his recent history confirmed why I am not a fan.

I have been a Golden Bear fan since the 70s.

I don't throw stones I state my beliefs and if people don't like that, so be it.
Speaking of Tiger fans...there was this sweet "wise" couple sitting next to me and they kept joking that Elin must have had her Tiger voodoo doll out as he was playing the front nine!

kantwin
April 12th, 2010, 5:37 PM
I don't think I would pay more than $100 to go watch the pros play.

cnjbond
April 12th, 2010, 7:31 PM
I don't think I would pay more than $100 to go watch the pros play.
That's what I used to think, until I went to the Masters...seriously, words can not describe how beautiful that place is and the history of it just gives you goose bumps (or maybe it was standing in line with short sleeves in 40degree weather that gave me the goosebumps). Now I definitely wouldn't pay the couple of grand that others were paying but I definitely got a deal at only $50 and wouldn't blink at paying more than that to see it again.

CenTexDave
April 18th, 2010, 8:21 PM
Only $50? Did you walk there and back and sleep on a park bench?

cnjbond
April 18th, 2010, 8:28 PM
Lol, no need for that...just one of the perks of being military and lucky with the raffle drawing!:thumbsup