PDA

View Full Version : Airline may charge to use the potty

prideworks
April 8th, 2010, 7:30 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/07/ryanair.lavatory.fee/index.html?hpt=T2

oh boy, this could get, ummmm, dirty:-0

TheOldProgrammer
April 8th, 2010, 7:35 AM
I remember reading this same thing a couple of months ago... Same airline too! This might fly in Europe but won't fly here... If I remember what I've read in the past couple of days, this is one of two airlines that also want to start charging for carry-on bags...

christine
April 8th, 2010, 8:01 AM
that's just plan stupid

BillK
April 8th, 2010, 8:05 AM
Quite frankly -

If it worked like this:

Currently a ticket is $300.00 - we will give you a discount of $15.00 to not use the potty and $15.00 to not have to give you any food or drink, and $50.00 to not bring on anything other than your computer bag/purse - so we will charge you $220.00 - then I am all for it.

I don't use the toilet on planes.
I don't need their "soda" or "food" and I don't want to bring on lots of "stuff" - so I will take the discount.

The problem as I see it is that this is simply a way to charge more - NOT to give anyone a discount.

At this point they will still charge the $300 PLUS the 80 dollars (in my opinion)

Spartan
April 8th, 2010, 8:43 AM
It won't be long before the unwashed masses will, again, leave the driving to Greyhound and leave the flying to the rich and famous and those on expense accounts -- the way it should be.

Does anyone know of a passenger ship that goes to Brazil?

prideworks
April 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Quite frankly -

If it worked like this:

Currently a ticket is $300.00 - we will give you a discount of $15.00 to not use the potty and $15.00 to not have to give you any food or drink, and $50.00 to not bring on anything other than your computer bag/purse - so we will charge you $220.00 - then I am all for it.

I don't use the toilet on planes.
I don't need their "soda" or "food" and I don't want to bring on lots of "stuff" - so I will take the discount.

The problem as I see it is that this is simply a way to charge more - NOT to give anyone a discount.

At this point they will still charge the $300 PLUS the 80 dollars (in my opinion)

I have several friends that fast the day before and day of flying. Other than a couple of Ensure's and plenty of water, they injest nothing else to cut down on stress......that is absolutely nuts that folks find this necessary while paying for a service.

BillK
April 8th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I have several friends that fast the day before and day of flying. Other than a couple of Ensure's and plenty of water, they injest nothing else to cut down on stress......that is absolutely nuts that folks find this necessary while paying for a service.

When I fly here is MY routine <grin>
1. check to see if I got upgraded to first class
2. no matter what I am in the first part of boarding so that I can put my carry on above my head. There is NOTHING worse than having to put your bag BEHIND you as it will delay your deboarding.
3. make sure my noise cancelling headphones are charged and with me
4. make sure that my computers are charged and with me
5. make sure that my phone is charged and with me
6. if I did NOT getupgraded I stop at a vendor and get food and drink.
7. if I got upgraded I check to see what the meals are (I am begetarian - so it helps to check)
8. I make sure that I have a movie that I want to watch on my phone or computer
9. I have something to read so that during take off and landing I can do something other than twiddle my thumbs
10. I check to see if WIFI is available on my flight

THEN after boarding - I put on headphones and RELAX! and havea great flight.

Wireman
April 11th, 2010, 10:05 PM
7. if I got upgraded I check to see what the meals are (I am begetarian - so it helps to check)

Wow, what a coincidence, I am a begetarian also. Got any thing to eat?

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

BillK
April 11th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Wow, what a coincidence, I am a begetarian also. Got any thing to eat?

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

No problem - as you can see I can't pype on a teyboard neither. <grin>

FieryPrincess
April 13th, 2010, 5:28 PM
All under the veil of reducing costs and increasing profits, airlines have gotten to the point where human dignity is a hassle to be beaten into submission. I just refuse to play that reindeer game anymore.

THEMEANOGRE
April 13th, 2010, 9:33 PM
Just try being in my position and trying to fly. It wasn't so bad when I used a cane to help me get around. I rather found the cane to be fairly useful. It helped to slow the escape of someone stealing at Wally world once.