PDA

View Full Version : DIVORCE

The321
April 7th, 2010, 3:43 PM
Ok I have a honest question for you. I know your all in Texas God how I wish I was too. But anyways, I need to file for one i have not heard a word from her in two months now. I do get the unknown calls. It's at a five count so far. These pages are so darn confusing I'm in a tail spin when it comes to filling these things out. One thing is certain everyone wants M-O-N-E-Y.

So has anyone been down this road before and have any good advice?

:banghead

Iteachtoo
April 7th, 2010, 3:49 PM
Keep documentation on EVERYTHING that happens.

Night Owl
April 7th, 2010, 4:41 PM
Get a lawyer and file first, she then has to respond to your fileing. Charles Grubb is probably the guy to ask since this is a legal question.

CenTexDave
April 7th, 2010, 5:02 PM
I'm sure Florida law is a bit different than Texas law, but like Owl said, get to an attorney ASAP.

Msradar
April 7th, 2010, 5:42 PM
If you think your divorce is uncontested for irreconcilable differences you do not need a lawyer you can get froms offline and chose either to self prepare or have a legal assist help you with them

There are many good websites where you can read up on your rights and the rules. Just do a search for divorce, do it your self, forms and you can enter the state.

If you can agree to the terms, to include children if there are any..there is no need to waste money for a shister!

Filing in Bell county is $223 and if you call they will give you all the instructions.

I have a friend that just did an uncontested divorce. It took 61 days for final decree. Cost her less that $250 total.

The321
April 8th, 2010, 1:15 AM
I sure would like to file in Texas. Its over 400.00 bucks here. And that's uncontested.. Tonight was odd just for kicks i went to a yahoo chat room and sure enough she was on there. she didn't even know i was there until i said hey what about me? the guy from the registry office.........

The321
August 6th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Update: I filed the divorce without the help of an attorney. these blood suckers what 500 plus up front. Just don't have that kinda money. anyways I filed it. The other half has NEVER responded to any of the court papers. throwing it to the dogs is what she did best. still no contact. So on the 24th of august it will be OVER! Thank God. she did me a really big favor by Turing me loose. I hooked up with my first true love from high school. We are older now and currently live together. Things could have not turned out any better. thanks for all the support and advice.

Snow White
August 6th, 2010, 10:54 PM
I recently got divorced and we did not use a lawyer. Uncontested, we filed everything ourselves. Total cost was under $300, and it took 60 days. No mess. No fighting. Done.

Unfortunately, that is the one thing in the past several years we DID agree on...but if two people are both in agreement it is certainly the way to go.

Pumpkingirl
August 8th, 2010, 10:41 PM
SNOW WHITE........

The321
August 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Update: I filed the divorce without the help of an attorney. these blood suckers what 500 plus up front. Just don't have that kinda money. anyways I filed it. The other half has NEVER responded to any of the court papers. throwing it to the dogs is what she did best. still no contact. So on the 24th of august it will be OVER! Thank God. she did me a really big favor by Turing me loose. I hooked up with my first true love from high school. We are older now and currently live together. Things could have not turned out any better. thanks for all the support and advice.

Update: Seems i jumped the gun, again. See this high school sweetheart was married to a mexican fella that is a illegal living off yours and mine tax dolars. He even gave her a kid. Well I never though she would do this but she did. She has been playing both sides of the coin for two weeks now. She threw me out on my rear end last weds. With just the cloths on my back. Then she proceeded to put all my belongings in a shed out back of her house. Then she did the un thinkable. Called her mexican and told him to come on down honey.

Now they are back together she keeps telling me she loves me but i need help with my PTSD and if i show her she will return. Im confused at this point. Im staying at my brothers in Daytona fl. She has me messed up at this point. Cant sleep cant eat. I ride my motorcycle around in a daze.

I dont know what to do at this point. I could check myself in a phyc unit for a eval and get meds for the PTSD but I asj her if she is being truthful in what she says. Im just lost at this point.

stormy
August 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
Sorry, 321, I have to tell ya, your first mistake was hooking up with ANYONE so fresh out of your marriage. You need to concentrate on YOU, and noone else BUT YOU, and that includes going and getting the help you need NOW. When you are stable, the women you'll be interested in will also be stable, and if they're not, you'll know better to leave them be. Take some time and stay away from any relationship and get yourself back together.

THEMEANOGRE
August 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Sorry, 321, I have to tell ya, your first mistake was hooking up with ANYONE so fresh out of your marriage. You need to concentrate on YOU, and noone else BUT YOU, and that includes going and getting the help you need NOW. When you are stable, the women you'll be interested in will also be stable, and if they're not, you'll know better to leave them be. Take some time and stay away from any relationship and get yourself back together.

Sounds like really good advice to me, if not the voice of at least vicarious experience!

christine
August 21st, 2010, 12:35 PM
I agree. You should let the sheets cool down from your last relationship before falling into another bed.
And yes she is using you! If it was simply "you need help". She wounld not be with the other guy.

THEMEANOGRE
August 21st, 2010, 2:41 PM
Actually, it isn't so much that you need help. You very well may, I don't know and will not judge. However, I agree with Christine, she is the one with the "real" problem, she's just using the PTSD to excuse HER problem.

christine
August 21st, 2010, 4:26 PM
Actually, it isn't so much that you need help. You very well may, I don't know and will not judge. However, I agree with Christine, she is the one with the "real" problem, she's just using the PTSD to excuse HER problem.

Night Owl
August 23rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
If after a while you can't seem to fit into a relationship it might not be the ladies fault.

The321
August 24th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks Everyone.

prideworks
October 20th, 2010, 3:44 PM

I absolutely agree with Stormy, 321. You need to be by yourself for awhile; otherwise you'll go into rebound mode again. Take some time to remember the fun things you did when you were single, focus on paying your bills and putting some money in the bank. Eat well, develop a regular sleeping pattern, DO NOT DRINK...it will deepen your depression. I say this from experience.

texaswhatever
October 21st, 2010, 7:46 AM
I'm sure Florida law is a bit different than Texas law, but like Owl said, get to an attorney ASAP.

I agree 100%! Except take it one step futher. After you retain the best lawyer you can afford go to every other good lawyer and pay the tiny consultation fee. That way you're in their system already and she gets stuck with the crappiest lawyer in town. Revenge is awesome.

huh7
December 12th, 2010, 8:07 PM
What do you think about people who can divorce and become better friends than spouses?

Scarlett
December 12th, 2010, 8:42 PM
What do you think about people who can divorce and become better friends than spouses?

I think that sums up the relationship with me and my ex.

dawglover
December 13th, 2010, 9:45 AM
I recently got divorced and we did not use a lawyer. Uncontested, we filed everything ourselves. Total cost was under $300, and it took 60 days. No mess. No fighting. Done.

Unfortunately, that is the one thing in the past several years we DID agree on...but if two people are both in agreement it is certainly the way to go.

Wow!. That's amazing. I had no idea this could be done that easily. If this catches on it could put divorce lawyers out of business. I wish we could put them out of business with fewer divorces. But, I suppose, if one needs to go that way, this is the way to go.

dawglover
December 13th, 2010, 9:51 AM
I agree 100%! Except take it one step futher. After you retain the best lawyer you can afford go to every other good lawyer and pay the tiny consultation fee. That way you're in their system already and she gets stuck with the crappiest lawyer in town. Revenge is awesome.

Ha ha ha ha!!! You really crack me up texaswhatever.:)):)):)):)):))