PDA

View Full Version : Charging for Carry On Luggage

BillK
April 6th, 2010, 1:16 PM
You knew it was coming right?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/06/spirit.carryon.fees/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

CenTexDave
April 6th, 2010, 1:59 PM
Never heard of this airline, and the way they're going not many people will ever hear of them. The airlines have gotten utterly ridiculous with this crap.
I wish Killeen could talk Southwest Airlines into coming here. Get rid of the rip-offs like American, Continental and Delta.

stormy
April 6th, 2010, 5:47 PM
This does not surprise me. I traveled to Spokane last summer with my 2 year old son, and waiting for the damn stroller to come out to the jetway, let alone trying to get to it when it did so I could move on and make my next connection, was enough to drive me to drink!

The jetway was packed with those "overhead bin" size bags and people trying to retrieve them since the airlines are charging to check bags. When the overhead bin storage was full, they placed them out on the jetway to be stored below. When we arrived in Denver, that jetway was a madhouse with everyone waiting to get their bags.

siamcat
April 6th, 2010, 6:04 PM
I remember many many years ago ( about 30), they had a box that your carry on bag had to fit in in order to be taken on the plane. It wasn't that big either, about the size of two briefcases ( standard size) on top of each other. They checked it when you first checked in and if it didn't fit you had to check it right there.

BillK
April 12th, 2010, 9:30 AM
If this guy does not HAVE hypertension - he is DEFINITELY a "carrier" <grin>:

Here is one guys take on this "charging for luggage" fiasco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7pZihLMFOY

Spartan
April 12th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Wow! Other than the RAGE, I totally agree with his opinion.

FieryPrincess
April 13th, 2010, 5:31 PM
The lighter the plane is, the longer the fuel lasts. There was an Aisian airline that showed that by getting passengers to go potty before getting on the plane that there was a measureable savings for them.

Fewer carryons = less weight. Simple.

They need to allow ONE free carryon and charge $45 for every other carry-on if it is really about THOSE people.

siamcat
April 13th, 2010, 9:01 PM
Well, as a consumer I have a choice.
I can decide that the fare is low enough that I'm willing to pay it or go to another airline.