PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Flozell False Start Adams!

cnjbond
April 2nd, 2010, 3:35 PM
Finally, Jerry has gotten wise and released Adams. Now the search is on for his replacement...Doug Free played decent but he was manhandled by Jared Allen. "Who Can It Be Now?"

CenTexDave
April 2nd, 2010, 5:45 PM
They'll have to get one in this draft. Trouble is, they won't get one of the real good ones that could move right in and start. They may have to trade or go after a free agent (if there's any good ones left).
But I'm glad to see this overrated clown gone.

Night Owl
April 2nd, 2010, 5:45 PM
:thumbsup:thumbsup

cityboy
April 3rd, 2010, 8:24 AM
And they released Roy Williams, too, right?

CenTexDave
April 3rd, 2010, 8:35 AM
Last year.

cityboy
April 3rd, 2010, 9:29 AM
Last year? Roy Williams, the wide receiver? I thought I read somewhere they released him just awhile back ...

kantwin
April 3rd, 2010, 9:45 AM
By "last year", do you mean at the end of the season? Because I sure remember him playing. . .

cnjbond
April 3rd, 2010, 10:27 AM
And they released Roy Williams, too, right?
Nope Roy "Stone Hands" Williams is still on the roster. The rumor mill has the Boys maybe going after the receiver from Oklahoma State since he may be available when it's Dallas' turn to pick in the 1st round but I see them going after a safety since they let go of Ken Hamlin.

CenTexDave
April 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
By "last year", do you mean at the end of the season? Because I sure remember him playing. . .

Oh, that Williams. I was referring to the other one - the free safety who was such a "horse collar" extraordinaire they made it illegal. Dallas should have put him at outside LB. He wasn't at all good in pass coverage.

CenTexDave
April 3rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Nope Roy "Stone Hands" Williams is still on the roster. The rumor mill has the Boys maybe going after the receiver from Oklahoma State since he may be available when it's Dallas' turn to pick in the 1st round but I see them going after a safety since they let go of Ken Hamlin.

I'd think that WR, Dez Bryant, will be long gone by the time Dallas picks.
IMO, the Cowboys only have another year or two window of opportunity to get back to the Super Bowl before they need to totally rebuild. I'd be looking for OL help, a safety, a WR and a QB. Probably won't find much help after the third round but stranger things have happened.

cnjbond
April 3rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
I'd think that WR, Dez Bryant, will be long gone by the time Dallas picks.
IMO, the Cowboys only have another year or two window of opportunity to get back to the Super Bowl before they need to totally rebuild. I'd be looking for OL help, a safety, a WR and a QB. Probably won't find much help after the third round but stranger things have happened.

I think they are in a perfect position to transition to a New England Patriots style philosophy of building and maintaining a good team. Get players that can play and don't over pay to get them...i.e. the Roy Williams fiasco. They are doing the right thing by purging the players that are more liability than contributors...there's a nucleus of good players in place now and all they need to do is continue to build around them.

CenTexDave
April 4th, 2010, 9:54 AM
All I'm saying is they are all getting old together. That's what happened with the Cowboys in the 90's. Aging superstars are better off retiring. I don't care how great some of these guys are, hit age 30 and you slow down a step. Look at LaDainian Tomlinson.
By the way, IMO the Pats are done.