Texas Immigrant
March 26th, 2010, 8:32 PM
Great Idea!!

Rick
March 26th, 2010, 8:35 PM
Thank you! I hope it works.

Spartan
March 26th, 2010, 10:16 PM
What is the intent? Who is the fund raising for?

Rick
March 26th, 2010, 10:27 PM
It's explained in the education section. I hope to give some more exposure to the efforts of the groups who need to raise money for their groups.

Spartan
March 26th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Well... not quite. For example, I am going to lead a group of youths on a medical mission to Brazil this summer. Would this group qualify for posting in that section, given that it has nothing to do with education and is not sponsored by any school or school administration?

THEMEANOGRE
March 27th, 2010, 5:25 AM
Rick, I think it would get more use if it were in the Miscellaneous Section with Travel, Lawn& Garden, etc. That way folks would be clear that it is intended for General FR activities. Altogether a good idea, I think! :thumbsup

Rick
March 27th, 2010, 5:57 AM
It's for school fundraising.

Spartan, you can post your fund raising things in the Religion and or Local Events section.

CenTexDave
April 7th, 2010, 3:14 PM
We're having a benefit for a cancer victim at the VFW on Apr 16. Free admittance to hear an oustanding C&W band. Would it be all right to post this?

Rick
April 7th, 2010, 3:36 PM
Dave, I'm insulted that you think you have to ask. Post away.

That's why we have the Local Events section. You can even add it to the Calendar and it will show up in the list of upcoming events at the bottom of the forum.

CenTexDave
April 7th, 2010, 3:53 PM
Well, wasn't sure. I knew it mainly for schools. thanks.

CenTexDave
April 7th, 2010, 3:57 PM
VFW Post 8577 in Copperas Cove is sponsoring a benefit to raise funds for a cancer victim. April 16, 8PM - midnight. Come listen, and dance, to THE SOUTHERN COMFORT BAND. This is a truly outstanding group consisting of musicians from all over the southwest. There is no cover charge. Donations will, of course, be requested. The VFW donated the hall, the band donated their time. The cancer victim is their former lead singer. Come and enjoy an evening of great country music.
Of course, our bar will be open!! Minors allowed with their parents, but no babies or toddlers please.

Rick
April 7th, 2010, 4:02 PM
Well, wasn't sure. I knew it mainly for schools. thanks.

The one in the Education section is for school fund raising. Sorry for the confusion.