PDA

View Full Version : Good Physician

Voice-of-Reason
March 19th, 2010, 10:28 AM
My wife and I are trying to find a family physician for the both of us. I have Scott & White insurance. She has Blue Cross/Blue Shield. We called the S&W clinic in Killeen, and the earliest appointment is for May 3rd. WTF??? Are you kidding me? UGH!

Anyway, can you guys give me some ideas for good doctors around here? Obviously S&W isn't much help.

I'm pissed! [-(

Sunshine
March 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM
My wife and I are trying to find a family physician for the both of us. I have Scott & White insurance. She has Blue Cross/Blue Shield. We called the S&W clinic in Killeen, and the earliest appointment is for May 3rd. WTF??? Are you kidding me? UGH!

Anyway, can you guys give me some ideas for good doctors around here? Obviously S&W isn't much help.

I'm pissed! [-(

S&W Clinic in Harker Heights is fabulous. When they opened last year I switched over there and I got about 8 people to come over as well. All the people that went over there have the same great things to say about it as I did. I never waited more than a day if it wasn't something routine. Even if it was routine, I was able to schedule it in a time period that worked for me.

CenTexDave
March 19th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Scott & White Killeen Clinic is simply swamped. My PCM is there - Dr. John Joseph and he's great, but call 2-3 months ahead of time for an appointment. If you have a real problem they can usually squeeze you in the same day, but you won't be seeing your PCM.

VooDooBaby
March 19th, 2010, 10:14 PM
When I lived there, I'd go see Dr. Webster in the Rosewood plaza, I think that's what its called. I only had a problem getting in the next day one time, and that was because he was on vacation. Honestly, I liked when I would get to see the nurse practitioner even better. I don't know her name, but she was always so nice.

Sunshine
March 20th, 2010, 7:22 AM
When I lived there, I'd go see Dr. Webster in the Rosewood plaza, I think that's what its called. I only had a problem getting in the next day one time, and that was because he was on vacation. Honestly, I liked when I would get to see the nurse practitioner even better. I don't know her name, but she was always so nice.

I had a friend that was a nurse there. She liked the doctor and thought highly of the Nurse Practitioner that was there. She switched her whole family over to that practice. Before I had switched to S&W Harker Heights, I went to Killeen Urgent Family Care center on the highway. They were nice and the doctor was great, but I always asked to see the PA, that way I could get an appointment quicker. I switched to S&W HH because they have a lab and X-Ray right at the office. Also, the two doctors (not sure if they added anyone) and PA are really great and listen to any concerns a person has. As anywhere, you have to look around and be comfortable with the doctor that you end up with.

Voice-of-Reason
March 24th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I ended up going to the Heights clinic. I was the only on there. In and out in 30 minutes. They even set me up for a lab in those 30 minutes.

I like it :)

Sunshine
March 25th, 2010, 2:35 AM
I ended up going to the Heights clinic. I was the only on there. In and out in 30 minutes. They even set me up for a lab in those 30 minutes.

I like it :)

Glad that you had a good experience there. I don't think a ton of people know about it being open. I have never waited long and the doctor's/PA/nurses are great. If you have Tricare you can go to it, I did my research when it opened and that is why I was able to switch.

prideworks
March 25th, 2010, 10:11 AM
S&W Clinic in Harker Heights is fabulous. When they opened last year I switched over there and I got about 8 people to come over as well. All the people that went over there have the same great things to say about it as I did. I never waited more than a day if it wasn't something routine. Even if it was routine, I was able to schedule it in a time period that worked for me.

The family practice clinic in Copperas Cove is also good....

xzochye
March 25th, 2010, 5:25 PM
I have never had a problem getting in on a moments notice to Dr. Maxwell at the Scott and White Clinic in Killeen.

Scarlett
March 27th, 2010, 9:34 PM
Glad that you had a good experience there. I don't think a ton of people know about it being open. I have never waited long and the doctor's/PA/nurses are great. If you have Tricare you can go to it, I did my research when it opened and that is why I was able to switch.

That is where I go now too...so shut up Sunshine, stop giving away our secret place!!!! I like that nobody knows they exist! :thumbsup

Sunshine
March 28th, 2010, 3:14 AM
Sorry, didn't know that you switched over. Did you get your kids switched from on-post to there? Glad you like it as much as I did.

stormy
March 31st, 2010, 1:35 PM
The family practice clinic in Copperas Cove is also good....

:-$:-$:-$ :)