PDA

View Full Version : Probable Forum Upgrade This Weekend

Rick
March 18th, 2010, 7:50 PM
I am planning on installing the upgrade Saturday night, early Sunday morning. So for you earlybirds, you may either get some errors and or a "Forum Closed" message.

Hopefully, everything goes smoothly and when you log in on Sunday, the forum will look like the image below.

It will even include the side menu that collapses and I hope eventually, will contain some nice features and information. I still have some tweaking of the colors to do, but it is looking pretty good...In my opinion.

I will close the forum, do a backup, then begin the upgrade. So hopefully, we don't lose a single message.

Texas Immigrant
March 18th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Thank you for all the time, effort and money you put into this. I really enjoy being a part of it.

Rick
March 18th, 2010, 10:56 PM
You're welcome and thanks to everyone who posts here. I hope to always keep it moving forward. Will be PM'ing you tomorrow TI. It's getting late.

Rick
March 21st, 2010, 5:59 AM
I had to deal with some "stuff" last night and didn't get everything done that I wanted to get done, so this will wait.

Thanks alot, stuff. (And I know, a lot is two words.) :banghead

Rick
March 22nd, 2010, 9:27 PM
Just to give an update. Yesterday, I discovered some issues with the search feature that I want to make sure are solved before I upgrade. I did some database maintenance last night and tonight, it seems to be better, but I am still not 100% satisfied.

This may even wait until May or later. Things are getting busy in my real life and I want to do some REAL fishing before May when I lose the use of my right arm for a while.

Texas Immigrant
March 22nd, 2010, 9:28 PM
No worries, I like the way things are now.

Rick
March 22nd, 2010, 9:36 PM
Me too, but, I paid for the new software, have done a lot of work on making it look good and I wanna use it!!! :))

But it's gotta be as right as possible.