PDA

View Full Version : Birth Control Center in Waco

Texas Immigrant
March 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I have heard about this place in Waco that does Spay or Neutering. I have a 40ish pound border collie that needs to be neutered. Where I take him now will cost me about $100. Does anyone know of a less expensive place? This place in Waco will charge about 1/2 that, but I'm not sure if I will be able to get in over Spring Break.

Thanks for any help you can give.

beenateacher4ever
March 9th, 2010, 3:58 PM
I went to this place in Austin and had both my cats spayed. They were great and low cost.
http://www.animaltrustees.org/ATA/site/index.asp

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
March 9th, 2010, 4:29 PM
The center in Waco has a great reputation. I have met the Executive Director and it appears to be a very well run facility.

Remember, low cost facilities often do not perform pre-anesthetic organ function testing and evaluation. This reduces the cost but eliminates the ability to detect conditions that might require some adjustment in the anesthetic protocol. Additionally, inquire about sterility, anesthetic protocols, anesthetic monitoring and post-op pain control.

I'm sure there are other facilities that provide safe service at reduced fees but I am most familiar with ABC Clinic in Waco.

Texas Immigrant
March 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Dr. Buckley. I was able to get an appointment for Thursday and I asked about pain meds to take home. It's just a few dollars extra, and well worth it I'm sure.

We drop him off by 8:15 and can pick him up after 4:30. I decided that that will be the day I take the kids to the zoo for Spring Break. So it all works out.

Texas Immigrant
March 18th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Charlie made it through surgery and is home resting. I was very pleased with my experience there. We spent the extra $10 to get pain meds and a cone collar to keep him from licking the stitches out. So he has pain meds for three days.

bytem
March 19th, 2010, 5:52 PM
Hope Charlie is doing well today and wishing him a speedy recovery!

Texas Immigrant
March 19th, 2010, 5:54 PM
Thank you, he's back to his normal self already. He's much more hyper than I thought he'd be. We're making sure he stays as calm as possible, but he's kind of a rowdy boy.