PDA

View Full Version : Next CenTexTalk.com Luncheon at Little Italy In Killeen

Rick
February 5th, 2010, 2:02 PM
When: Sunday, February 28th, 12:00 (Noon)
Where: Little Italy, 1218 South Fort Hood Street

I've never been there so I am trusting people who have told me it's good.

xzochye
February 5th, 2010, 2:06 PM
Their Cazones are GREAT!

Scarlett
February 5th, 2010, 2:44 PM
THEIR FOOD IS DELISH! And the bread...don't get me started on the bread....ohhhhh yeah!

THEMEANOGRE
February 5th, 2010, 3:15 PM
I'd like to be there, but alas Sundays are real bad for me. Enjoy, everyone.

Rick
February 5th, 2010, 3:32 PM
I was thinking that we may be looking toward Cove for the next one.

BillK
February 5th, 2010, 3:47 PM
Wish I could - I will be in California that day. grrrr...
Bill

THEMEANOGRE
February 5th, 2010, 4:00 PM
There is the new Cajun place on Ave "D".

Spartan
February 5th, 2010, 4:22 PM
Little Italy is one my favorite restaurants. However, Sundays are family days. The clan gathers after church and we brunch as a family and then have a light meal in the late evening. I am not willing to break with that tradition.

Any other day of the week, I'm game.

CenTexDave
February 5th, 2010, 5:53 PM
THEIR FOOD IS DELISH! And the bread...don't get me started on the bread....ohhhhh yeah!

"Delish"!!?? What is that?

THEMEANOGRE
February 5th, 2010, 9:38 PM
Just checking the poll, it looks like Rick and Scarlett are going to be the only ones going. I hope between now and then a few more add to the number of those going. I've never eaten at Little Italy. I did eat there when it was a Pizza Inn, and then I tried the Chinese place that was in there. It would be nice to try the Italian place in there now. I suppose I should try it sometime.

Rick
February 5th, 2010, 9:51 PM
Hahaha, I can see who voted and it may or may not be Scarlett. Besides, my wife is planning to go so that's three and a probably.

Besides, it's way early.

Texas Immigrant
February 5th, 2010, 9:54 PM
They have great food and it's even better since there is no smoking, but that's my husband's birthday so I don't think we'll make it. I hope I can make one of these soon.

Scarlett
February 5th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Just checking the poll, it looks like Rick and Scarlett are going to be the only ones going. I hope between now and then a few more add to the number of those going.

Scarlett did not vote yes...lol. Scarlett doesn't yet know if she is available that day....don't be putting words in my mouth! (OR pasta, for that matter...)

THEMEANOGRE
February 5th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I'm theorizing that one of the two positive responses is Scarlett, as you've stated at more than one luncheon that most folks come to see her and y'all just don't schedule them unless you're both able to be there. I believe it has something to do with y'all's division of labor agreement.
Don't make me lie as to which one it was, but on an early post regarding one of you was making an appearance before the media and found the experience somewhat unnerving. The long and short of it was that Scarlett was supposed to be in charge of hospitality.
BTW, Scarlett, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. It's no big deal. It was only a theory.

Scarlett
February 6th, 2010, 7:16 AM
Well...ya theorized incorrectly.

DIVISION OF LABOR?!? What are we now? Some major corporation? HAHAHA. So silly.

And I hate to break it to all of you...but if SCARLETT is in charge of HOSPITALITY in this great empire...you are all going to be hurting...HAHAHAHAHA.

This cracked me up...thanks for the early Saturday morning laugh...:thumbsup

Rick
February 6th, 2010, 7:49 AM
I'm theorizing that one of the two positive responses is Scarlett, as you've stated at more than one luncheon that most folks come to see her and y'all just don't schedule them unless you're both able to be there. I believe it has something to do with y'all's division of labor agreement.
Don't make me lie as to which one it was, but on an early post regarding one of you was making an appearance before the media and found the experience somewhat unnerving. The long and short of it was that Scarlett was supposed to be in charge of hospitality.
BTW, Scarlett, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. It's no big deal. It was only a theory.
I've been referred to as "The Social Director of The Love Boat."

Not sure that's a good thing, but I have been called worse...:bluerofl ;)

Disclaimer: The reference to the tv show, "The Love Boat" does not in any way mean that there is love or a boat involved. :)) :))

kryptickancer
February 9th, 2010, 8:13 PM
Im going woopee! :)

kryptickancer
February 9th, 2010, 8:15 PM
I've been referred to as "The Social Director of The Love Boat."

Not sure that's a good thing, but I have been called worse...:bluerofl ;)

Disclaimer: The reference to the tv show, "The Love Boat" does not in any way mean that there is love or a boat involved. :)) :))

hahahahaha:thumbsup

Rick
February 10th, 2010, 5:47 AM
Im going woopee! :)
Good! Glad to hear it! :thumbsup

Gramps
February 14th, 2010, 6:46 PM
The whole "Gramps Bunch" including 3 guests will be there.

Rick
February 14th, 2010, 6:55 PM
Allright!!!

Scarlett
February 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
I am going to TRY. I am ridiculously broke, and it is my daughter's birthday almost, so not sure if I can/should go! We shall see!

Rick
February 26th, 2010, 1:43 PM
Ok everybody, just a reminder that this is this Sunday. If you can tell me how many you will be bringing so I can adjust the reservations, I would appreciate it.

Gramps
February 26th, 2010, 2:05 PM
Total of 7. Gramps, AllyB, puppyeyes09, babyblue and 3 guests

Rick
February 26th, 2010, 2:16 PM
I probably better increase the reservations. That's great!

JoAnn Purser
February 26th, 2010, 8:58 PM
I can be there! Just one.

Rick
February 26th, 2010, 9:05 PM
:) Glad to hear it.

Rick
March 1st, 2010, 7:45 AM
Thanks to everyone who came to the lunch yesterday. I enjoyed talking to everyone again.

I think we had a total of 13, including kids.

I do have to say that Bella Sera in Cove has better food (and service). Except for the bread...lol

stormy
March 1st, 2010, 1:28 PM
Was glad to see everyone yesterday. My daughter & I enjoyed lunch with y'all!

JoAnn Purser
March 1st, 2010, 2:11 PM
I was glad to see everyone too.