PDA

View Full Version : Dog Park..what happen to the idea?

joyohjoy
January 15th, 2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=24672

Still waiting to hear if the dog park is on the table...anyone know?

BillK
January 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM
http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=24672

Still waiting to hear if the dog park is on the table...anyone know?

I know a number of people that would LOVE to have a dog park and travel rather a lot to get to other dog parks in Austin.

Bill

Geschnatter
January 15th, 2010, 5:09 PM
From what I was told by various city people, it is a matter of real estate (no suitable patch in the city's ownership) no budget for the fencing.

I keeps thinking that if you want a dog park that bad, why don't citizen take the initiative and see if someone will donate the land, and someone else will raise the funds for the special fencing... as well as some park benches, and pooper scooper stations... The city does not have to provide for everything... citizen can still help themselves.

Spartan
January 15th, 2010, 5:36 PM
For all the lack of human use I see at Conder Park, we could turn that into a dog park pretty easily.

joyohjoy
January 15th, 2010, 7:37 PM
Conder Park sounds great. Maybe the powers that be would consider it if it was brought to their attention. Who's up for a city council meeting? ;) KISD has two lots next to my house that aren't big enough for anything they might need so maybe they would consider donating the land for a dog park!!

MeinLieberSchollie62
January 19th, 2010, 9:24 AM
@ Geschnatter ..... ofcourse, the citizens can just pull a piece of land out of their back pockets and then also deal with all the legalities .... if one dog bites another, if a child gets injured etc. I can already see people just jumping with joy to get caught up in that mess.
If citizens want a dog park, YES, the city should provide with OUR tax dollars. What do we pay taxes for? If a large number of people requests a dog park then it should happen.
I see my tax dollars spent on all sorts of things that I do not use or have any interest in so when some people make a request for something that is dear to them, the city should listen. There are some folks that do not have children and they pay taxes for schools etc just like the folks that do have children. Our tax dollars are being used for playgrounds and things .... why not a dog park. Maybe the childless citizens have dogs and want them to have an area where they can socialize ...... what is good for the goose ...... and yes, I did put children and dogs in the same sentence