PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

MeinLieberSchollie62
December 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Shutdown Corner Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 am EST

Eagles players honor Michael Vick with award for courage
By Chris Chase

According to Philadelphia Eagles players, the most courageous man on the team in 2009 was one who started the year serving time in prison for an act of extreme cowardice.

Today, the Eagles announced that Michael Vick was the 2009 winner of the Ed Block Courage Award, an honor given to a player who shows courage in the face of adversity. Vick's teammates voted for the award, thus demonstrating how tone-deaf and out-of-touch NFL players are with reality.

Wow, this worthless human being surely does not deserve any type of award.
What is the matter with people ...... first the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded for reasons not clear to me and now this ..... if this is a sign to come ... God help us

cnjbond
December 23rd, 2009, 1:56 PM
I'll bite...I think he deserves it (he being Vick not President Obama). He was punished for his crimes and apparently his teammates felt he deserved the award. You have to admit, the guy faced a HELL of a lot of adversity after he was released from prison, all of which he brought on himself for what he did. When you punish your kids do you continue to punish them over and over for what they did? If you don't think the punishment was severe enough is one thing but to continue to harp on his past in some degree is pointless.

Why don't we treat parents who murder their own kids with this much disdain?

MeinLieberSchollie62
December 23rd, 2009, 2:22 PM
I see them in the same light as I see him ....... children and animals being abused by people that know better ... there is no excuse for that and I am sure that I am not the only one who feels that way.
He faced adversity ... well, he should have thought about that before he fought these dogs and did what he did. He is, by all means, no role model for our young generation and I think his life is just trucking along fine and dandy. Nike signed him again .... before you know it is has all been forgotten and he gets off scott free. Someone else postet that it would be different if he killed someone. He did kill ....... he killed someone and the someones were the dogs that he had in his care and who did not want anything but to be loyal, loved and taken care of ...... he is ein Schwein

christine
December 23rd, 2009, 2:32 PM
obviously we can only agree to disagree.
but for the record I do understand your point aswell. & I'm not as uncaring about animals as you may think.

MeinLieberSchollie62
December 23rd, 2009, 2:52 PM
I do not think that you are uncaring ... I think that you have a soft spot for them like most people do. There is a long history to why I am feeling so strongly about what this man has done and what people continue to do to animal all over the world. That is the reason my children call me a big ole Treehugger .......
I am just passionate about the cause .....

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2009, 3:55 PM
He also had to declare bankruptcy. He's been through enough.

Night Owl
December 23rd, 2009, 4:18 PM
He paid his debt that society told him to pay. He was wrong and admitted his wrong doing. Let it go.

MeinLieberSchollie62
December 24th, 2009, 3:56 PM
Yeah, he got his second chance at life ..... the animals he electricuted, tazed, drowned and tortured never got a second chance. He is about as deserving of an award as a piece if crap in the street. The issue is about him being given an award ... he does not deserve.
The people who rescued and rehabilitated some of his dogs ... those are the ones who deserve the award. He has his life back and is making a ****load of money ........ he is doing just fine ....