PDA

View Full Version : My budgies/parakeets

kryptickancer
December 17th, 2009, 4:13 PM
So one of my budgies has a really crusty look beak. It's crusty even in the corner of his mouth. The other two dont look this way, but the blue one does. A second one possibly may be getting it, but it doesnt seem like the blue ones.

Meinleiber! Helps! :unsure:

MeinLieberSchollie62
December 18th, 2009, 6:30 AM
Good Morning, sound to me like they have mites. I use a product called Scalex - that I had to order off line - and sprayed the birds and the cage with it. I had this problem when I started using the corn stuff in to bottom of the cage. I have no clue why it happend but once I started using the Scalex everything was ok. Now I use it once a month for preventative to treat birds and cage. There are also discs available at pet smart to put in the bottom of the cage that deodorize and help prevent mites. From what I was told, it is a common problem. Like I said, I had to order the scalex off line but it does work well and was not really expensive. One a week the cage and toys should be washed in hot water ......I use newspaper or cat litter in the bottom of the cage now.
The birds never get down there because of the metal gird and it works just fine .....