PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Anyone?

Rick
December 4th, 2009, 5:41 PM
I recently found out that there is a pro hockey team close. (I have no idea why I didn't already know this)

They are the Texas Stars and they play in a brand new coliseum in Cedar Park.

They offer discounts for groups of 15 or more. I'm thinking about trying to get a group of together for one of the games in January. Either the 15th, 29th, or 30th.

http://www.texasstarshockey.com/home/

If we can get a group of 15 or more, I will set it up.

If you've never been to a game, hockey in person is a lot of fun. This'll be something to bring the kids to as well.

I'm thinking we could sit in the Executive level, group ticket price would be $10.00 per person.

Scarlett
December 4th, 2009, 5:51 PM
I LOVE going to Hockey games...and I am not a "sport person."

I agree, even if you don't think you would like it, you would! They are awesome in person!

cityboy
December 4th, 2009, 5:52 PM
Yo, I might be in for two tickets ... :-B

xzochye
December 4th, 2009, 5:53 PM
You can count me in for 2 tickets! Possibly 4. This could make a great Christmas present!

Rick
December 4th, 2009, 5:57 PM
I don't think we'll be able to do a lunch in December, this is something different to start the year off and it just hit me, January 30th is our one year mark. That'll be the date.

I hope we can get enough interest.

Texas Immigrant
December 4th, 2009, 6:58 PM
I would love to go with the family, but I'll be out of town that day. Have a great time!!

THEMEANOGRE
December 6th, 2009, 6:30 AM
Since there is to be no "official" gathering for December, I'd like to invite one and all to my place for a Christmas party on the eve. I'll post more details as I learn them. If interested, RSVP.

Scarlett
December 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I shall be 600 miles away! Have fun!

Spartan
December 6th, 2009, 5:31 PM
Hockey? What is that?

gnatsum
December 7th, 2009, 4:19 PM
Hockey? What is that?

There was a team called the Barracudas some years back...

Spartan
December 7th, 2009, 5:40 PM
Must be a game brought in by the Immigrants from up North. The only winter sport in Texas is football.

joyohjoy
December 7th, 2009, 6:21 PM
Bell County Expo Center also had a team called Stampede. We went several times. Hockey is fun to watch. Guesss the owner couldn't afford to sponser them any more so the team members went to other teams.

Rick
December 10th, 2009, 9:55 PM
This is looking like it will be a go!

I called the ticket office and all I have to do is put a down payment on the number of seats to reserve, then collect the money and they will issue the tickets. I am initially going to plan for twenty. We can increase that if needed.

I will create a Paypal link for those who want to pay that way, and will give my address for others. We have plenty of time, so I will do this soon.

THEMEANOGRE
December 15th, 2009, 7:24 AM
Please take me off the interested list.

kryptickancer
December 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM
This is looking like it will be a go!

I called the ticket office and all I have to do is put a down payment on the number of seats to reserve, then collect the money and they will issue the tickets. I am initially going to plan for twenty. We can increase that if needed.

I will create a Paypal link for those who want to pay that way, and will give my address for others. We have plenty of time, so I will do this soon.

When are you gonna set it up? I want to take my daughter as well. The older one! Im leaving the two year old at home!:thumbsup

Rick
December 15th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'll try to get it done in the next day or two.