PDA

View Full Version : How to find a Nanny Job???

krstymeggy
December 4th, 2009, 5:39 AM
So I was wondering that if you as a parent were wanting to hire a Nanny, be it full-time or part-time, where would you look for one???
I'm after a Nanny job in South East QLD but don't know how to go about finding one!
I am SO experienced and as qualified as they come so think this could be perfect for me!

Texas Immigrant
December 4th, 2009, 5:54 AM
Where is South East QLD?

THEMEANOGRE
December 4th, 2009, 6:01 AM
Try posting ads in the "Employment Sought" section of the "Classified Ads" section of your local newspaper. Also, seek out staffing agencies. Go to your local employment office. Buy a pack of 3x5 index cards and post notices on every bulletin board you can find.

VooDooBaby
December 4th, 2009, 9:39 AM
Australia?
I thought we were in Texas...?

Spartan
December 4th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Damn! They also quit teaching Geography in the Government Schools? Just what do they teach besides BHO mmmm mmmm mmmm?

Rosemarry
December 4th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Join a nanny agency, its free for the nannys the parents have to pay. Or go on nannygps.com and put in your state, there are heaps of jobs on there. Make sure your resume is up to date as well!

Scarlett
December 4th, 2009, 1:07 PM
I was a nanny in New York for a year when I was 19. Great gig! :thumbsup

cnjbond
December 4th, 2009, 7:40 PM
You can also try Craigslist.

Charles Grubb
December 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
SE Queensland is in beautiful, sunny Australia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scarlett
December 5th, 2009, 8:42 AM
Several families in other countries and on the coast will advertise for nannies in the "heartland" of America....apparently we are a "wholesome, honest bunch." Where I grew up in Kansas there were always ads in the local paper from nanny agencies from all over the world looking for nannies...the family paid all the travel expenses and everything. Interviewing was done over the phone. They hired me and flew me to NYC. If you are qualified and have the right personality, it is not hard to get into that field!

Rick
December 7th, 2009, 5:02 AM
I'm calling BS on this one. IP address from India. Probably a bot that will come back and spam us later.

Adding IP to blocked list.

Rick's on it! :-B

Texas Immigrant
December 7th, 2009, 6:05 AM
Thanks! I was wondering why they never replied back.

Deb
December 7th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'm calling BS on this one. IP address from India. Probably a bot that will come back and spam us later.

Adding IP to blocked list.

Rick's on it! :-B
That explains a lot!