PDA

View Full Version : Shangri-Paw in HH

Texas Immigrant
November 20th, 2009, 6:39 PM
I just took my dog to Shangri-Paw in Harker Heights. It's a do it yourself dog wash, they also have grooming available if you don't want to do it yourself. I've never even given my dog a bath, always paid to get him groomed. But with low cost, I can probably afford to get him in there once a month. I don't want to try to bathe him in the bathtub, just an experience I'm not wanting to try.

This week, they are having a special. Dress up your dog in a Thanksgiving costume and you will get half off. I've included a picture my turkey-dog.

siamcat
November 20th, 2009, 7:46 PM
No offense, I'm glad you like it.
Personally I don't see the point of paying somebody so I can wash my own dog when I can do it for free at home.

Texas Immigrant
November 20th, 2009, 7:55 PM
That's true, but I remember giving the kids baths when they were younger, and I remember the discomfort of bending over the tub and all that. This way, I don't have the wet dog smell at home, don't have to worry about getting the supplies, and once the dogs get used to it, I think it might be something fun for the family to do, get the kids involved. I didn't know what I was doing at all and the owner was very helpful and even put an apron on and helped me wash him.

They are also going to have doggie day care and boarding.

VooDooBaby
November 20th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Awe, this is such a cute idea! I bathe my pooch myself, but when I was pregnant, and husband was deployed... lets just say that I had no choice but to use a groomer. Besides, no matter what I use, or how long the bath lasts, my dog just never smells as good with a bath at home, than when he goes to a groomer. I'll have to check it out! Where is it at? Is there a website?

Texas Immigrant
November 21st, 2009, 7:29 AM
They are on Veteran's Mem. (Bus 190) in Harker Heights between Ann and Amy. They have a map on their website. http://www.shangri-paw.com let me know what you think.

SunDevil
November 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM
This sounds like a great idea. I take my lab to a groomer in Heights and the last time she got a nasty case of kennel cough so we haven't been back since.

Wireman
November 22nd, 2009, 8:07 PM
About time something like this was put up around here. A few years back I was up at Ft. Riley and a couple of the self serve car washes had coin op "dog grooming" stations at them. I'm surprised we don't have something like that here.

Msradar
November 23rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
When we had a dog I set up a small cattle water tub with a drain and hose attached. Got the garden hose out with shampoo scrub hand and washed away.

I set the tub up on a table so I did not have to bend over. I do think its kinda silly to pay for what you can do at home for the cost of your own time, water and soap.

But I guess for those that do not want the mess...good idea.

SunDevil
November 23rd, 2009, 1:01 PM
I used it today and it was very easy and a clean facility! I will definetly use them again and again. The wash system they have there is great. It uses oxygen/water combo that gets under the fur and lifts the dirt and dander away. You just hold it a few inches away and hold it at the right angle and you can see the fur lifting up from the water. It was very fast and very easy to use. No scrubbing with my fingers, no mess at all, except when my dog shook all over me.

I have a 65 pound lab so there is no way I can put a little tub on my table and bathe her in it. I've tried to do it in the shower before and she sheds so much hair that it clogs up my drain. Plus it takes forever to dry her with the blowdryer and by the time I'm done I have dog hair all over my bathroom floor, counters, walls. Shangri-paw has a great super powered blow dryer that got my dog's coat dry in only a few minutes.

VooDooBaby
November 23rd, 2009, 1:07 PM
I have a boston terrier, and after I bathe him, I spend more time cleaning out the bath tub, and getting all of the hair off of the floor than I do actually bathing him. I will try Shangri-Paw very very soon.

2teachers
November 23rd, 2009, 1:21 PM
How much is it to bathe/clean your dog there? Does it go by size/weight or per dog?

Texas Immigrant
November 23rd, 2009, 1:26 PM
It goes by weight. I think up to 30 pounds is $13, their price list is on their website and they give Military discounts.

SunDevil
November 23rd, 2009, 2:33 PM
They also give you a break on each additional dog. The first would be $13 for up to 30 lbs and then the next dog would be $3.

Texas Immigrant
November 23rd, 2009, 3:09 PM
$3 off, I believe.

Msradar
November 23rd, 2009, 4:52 PM
Sun Devil, I washed my lab and rottie using my method. You get a tub from Tractor supply. This is not a small wimpy tub. lol

FieryPrincess
November 25th, 2009, 1:35 PM
But keeping the mess out of your own home?

...priceless!

MeinLieberSchollie62
November 25th, 2009, 8:39 PM
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=176

My Puppy Odin after his visit to Shangi Paw .... they are great there and we will be back to see them soon :thumbsup

Texas Immigrant
November 25th, 2009, 8:42 PM
I just saw the referral bonus! Man, I should have told you I sent you!! Beautiful doggy, by the way!

MeinLieberSchollie62
November 25th, 2009, 9:32 PM
Thank you, I told them that I heard about them on the forum here .....
maybe you can still get the bonus when you go next time and tell them that you know
Odin and his Mom lol .... I am sure that they will remember him. They were sooo good with him and he loved the TLC he was given there. It really is an awesome place and I will send all of my friends there - that now go to Pet Smart.

Spartan
November 26th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I think it blasphemy to name you dog after one our deities. Odin deserves more respect.

FieryPrincess
November 27th, 2009, 6:15 PM
What a wonderful looking dog. I bet Odin is as sweet as he looks!

MeinLieberSchollie62
November 27th, 2009, 6:54 PM
Thank you,
He is a sweetie and just was at his best behavior when I took him. He is a big Baby and thinks that he is a lap dog :o) ...

MeinLieberSchollie62
November 27th, 2009, 6:57 PM
His name fits him ..... we were thinking of Thor .... but Odin fits him better.
We had a Rottie named Ceaser ..... I mean, should we have named him PEACHES ??????

Wireman
November 27th, 2009, 8:15 PM
I think it blasphemy to name you dog after one our deities. Odin deserves more respect.

That's rich. Real rich. The valiant defenders of Thermopylae deserve a little bit more respect in the same sense.

Spartan
November 28th, 2009, 8:00 AM
That's rich. Real rich. The valiant defenders of Thermopylae deserve a little bit more respect in the same sense.

Silence, Helote! I kill you.

Michigan State University actually. I choose not to remember Thermopylae since it was a defeat. Plataea, however, was a proud day for us Spartiates.

Texas Immigrant
November 28th, 2009, 9:52 PM
Here's Charlie getting a bath.

dragonfly
November 28th, 2009, 10:15 PM
They have a $3 off coupon on their website. I think we'll head on over one of these days.
Tell Mr. Texas Immigrant he's doing a find job there! When we do go, I'll be sure to tell them I was referred by Charlie's and Rascal's clan! ;)

Texas Immigrant
November 28th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Thank you, I'll get $5 off next time! I think you'll like it. You won't get your tub and bathroom all dirty at home. Both the husband and wife are very helpful! Have fun! Maybe your little larva can do all the work!! :)