PDA

View Full Version : CenTexTalk.Com Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2009, 5:36 PM
The KDH Forum has folded. It is no longer on the paper's website!!:))
Congrats Rick and Scarlett.

THEMEANOGRE
October 30th, 2009, 5:40 PM
Gee, it was there this morning.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2009, 6:08 PM
Yes it was. But it's gone now. Small wonder. Only about 4 posts the past three months.
You might want to do a thorough search of their site. I can't find it. It was under the "Opinions" link.

Gramps
October 30th, 2009, 6:43 PM
I had their forum bookmarked. The bookmark now takes me to the KDH home page. Looks like it is in fact gone.

Rick
October 30th, 2009, 7:10 PM
No gloating from me.

I know how hard it is to close a forum that you spend a lot of time working on, always trying to make it better, always trying to keep it up to date, always trying to get new users. It's a lot of work and to say goodbye to it is hard.

I closed one that I ran from 2002-2009, so while I am more than pleased with what everyone has done to make this site what it is today, I know that someday...I may have to flip the switch to off.

Night Owl
October 30th, 2009, 7:14 PM
I know how hard it is to close a forum that you spend a lot of time working on, always trying to make it better, always trying to keep it up to date, always trying to get new users. It's a lot of work and to say goodbye to it is hard.

But Rick they didn't do any of these things.

Rick
October 30th, 2009, 7:22 PM
You simply CANNOT install the software and leave it alone. It takes work. They made mistakes. I made mistakes with mine. We make mistakes here (well, I do, Scarlett is perfect...:) )

Will there one day be a mistake that causes someone to jump ship and take a bunch of users with them? It could happen.

Night Owl
October 30th, 2009, 8:17 PM
Rick
As long as you keep all those rowdy posters in line.............:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluer ofl:bluerofl

BTW
I still miss the NASCAR competition. I was winning when you pulled the plug. THANKS ALOT!!!!!!:)):))

Rick
October 30th, 2009, 8:24 PM
Why do you think I trashed it when I did. My playground, my rules...:))

It's coming back next year. Wolfcub wants to run it, will probably need a backup since he travels some, so why the hell not?

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2009, 11:18 PM
No gloating from me.

I closed one that I ran from 2002-2009, so while I am more than pleased with what everyone has done to make this site what it is today, I know that someday...I may have to flip the switch to off.

I posted on your old site. Think it was you and me!!:)

Charles Grubb
October 31st, 2009, 2:16 AM
From a small acorn a mighty oak tree grows.
Congratulations to our talented, industrious founders.
Lest any of us forget, the members of the forum make this place rock!
Give yourselves a hand! :clap
Without your participation and input, this site would not survive.
Rick and Scarlett, here's one for you! :378bigarmhug::clap

Enjoy, everyone!

KDH Forum, RIP!

If it hadn't been for a certain con artist (of the female persuasion), who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aq4OC3s0hg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17MgaLdV3Q&feature=related

THEMEANOGRE
October 31st, 2009, 6:16 AM
I looked this morning. It is completely and utterly GONE. Now, the question will be... will it stay gone? I didn't really mind their editorial policies. I understand the legal requirements of the news business. I really can't say that I agree with them, But I understand them.
Congratulations Rick and Scarlett, you've put together a really good thing here.

Deb
November 1st, 2009, 4:27 PM
I posted quite a bit on the other forum. I was going to post the question about NASCAR. Glad Wolfie wants to run it. It seems like the other site quited down after Jon and Kat passed away.

Mestral
November 3rd, 2009, 3:56 PM
I think as long as this forum is here, the KDH forum will have no chance. If someday this one goes away, another will rise. The KDH forum has been around about three times in the last half dozen years.