PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting and Blatant Animal Cruelty

secretary
October 21st, 2009, 7:15 PM
The house across the street from me always seems to be a hellhole! Every person who has ever rented the place has always had a dog and, 9 times out of 10, has in some way abused their dog. The abuse I've witnessed for the past two days is just blatant.

At this moment, there is a medium-sized pitbull sitting in a small, open-air crate, in the rain, with no food, water or adequate shelter. It didn't hit me until today that the owners are nowhere in sight. When I got home and saw him still out there, all I could think was, "That poor dog sat outside in the deluge from this afternoon."

I tried calling Killeen Animal Control but they're already closed. They're getting a call from me first thing tomorrow morning. In the meantime, instead of waiting and doing nothing, I changed out of my work clothes, threw on my jeans and waterproof boots, got a large piece of cardboard, an old shower curtain, gathered up as much meat as I could (that included my leftover steak for tonight...oh well :O)), grabbed some water, and marched myself across the street. I covered up that cage as best I could and shoved food and water through those bars. The dog could only stand by and watch sadly as I did all this. :-z

I'm sure the neighbors think I'm crazy but who the hell cares?!? :chatter Some people are quite comfortable doing nothing...I'm not that type of person.

If anyone knows of another city/private entity I can call to report this abuse, please let me know as soon as possible.

People who abuse animals and children have a special place waiting for them in Hell. :banghead

poundpup
October 21st, 2009, 8:43 PM
You can email animal@ci.killeen.tx.us, which is Animal Control.

You can also call (254) 526-4455 during duty hours, that is the phone number to Animal Control. The phone is usually very busy, so if you would rather go there in person, they are located at 3118 Commerce, a little side street across from Killeen High High School.

You can get hours of operation etc. at http://www.ci.killeen.tx.us/?section=13

When you file the report please have as many facts available as possible to substantiate an investigation. Can you take pictures? Good luck.

secretary
October 21st, 2009, 9:04 PM
You can email animal@ci.killeen.tx.us, which is Animal Control.

You can also call (254) 526-4455 during duty hours, that is the phone number to Animal Control. The phone is usually very busy, so if you would rather go there in person, they are located at 3118 Commerce, a little side street across from Killeen High High School.

You can get hours of operation etc. at http://www.ci.killeen.tx.us/?section=13

When you file the report please have as many facts available as possible to substantiate an investigation. Can you take pictures? Good luck.

I'll take pictures in the morning, send them via email with the info I have, and give them a call to follow-up. This is just the saddest thing I've seen in a long time. :-z

I can't thank you enough for all the information you provided poundpup!

TexMexYum
October 22nd, 2009, 8:31 PM
That breaks my heart. I just don't understand people.......

secretary
October 22nd, 2009, 9:07 PM
Sad indeed. :((

Here's where we stand:

Animal Abusers: 1
Killeen Animal Control: 0

It's cold tonight (58 right now, going down to 47). I can't bring myself to look outside.

I assume this is part of KAC's "investigation".

secretary
October 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
Terrible.

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=e5bc98c640&view=att&th=1247cbb01faffcf1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

joyohjoy
October 23rd, 2009, 8:49 AM
You should call them every day until they respond. Who cares if they get upset. Give me their address and I will call. That is a terrible way to treat any animal.

dj402_97
October 23rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Call them every day.

Scarlett
October 24th, 2009, 9:22 AM
Hell, post their address here, and I will go let their dog out...

No, not really...I ain't CRAZY....yet.

My heart kinda hurts reading about this...:-z

secretary
October 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Update: Someone let him out or KAC came and took him away.

I came home yesterday during lunch and he was gone. There was another dog that was fenced in the backyard. That dog was walking around loose as well. I'm not sure why they didn't take that one as well.

However, there is now a car parked in the driveway. So 7 full days of absolutely no one in that house....all of a sudden the dogs are gone and the owners (I think) are back.

This whole situation was just shameful.

Iteachtoo
October 24th, 2009, 10:26 PM
This story has angered me so. I agree, there is a special place in hell for those that mistreat animals and children.

thisisit
October 25th, 2009, 2:58 PM
My mom called to report a large dog on a very short chain with no access to water or food during the 100+ degree summer heat. It was very visible in a neighborhood yard. they claimed there is nothing they can do about this.

FieryPrincess
October 25th, 2009, 3:28 PM
they lied.

Pebbles
October 25th, 2009, 8:15 PM
I called animal control once about a lost dog I had found. I was told there was nothing they could do about it and I needed to call the police, I asked why and the lady just said call them. I called the police and they were wondering why I was calling them as it was an animal issue. They told me to call AC back. I did and was told they would be out in 2-3 days to get the animal meanwhile I should keep it and feed it. I then called second chance and they would take it but wanted $75 from me. I kept the dog in my backyard with my dog going crazy. I fed it and called the paper to see if anyone placed an ad....then poof the dog was gone. He got out somehow but I know he had a full belly.

beenateacher4ever
November 18th, 2009, 7:36 AM
Once again today in the paper is a report of a man beating a puppy so bad that it woke the neighbors and they called the cops. I do hope the puppy recovers and I do hope it finds a home to help overcome the brutality and pain it had to occur. I guess I am getting to be even more protective about animals as I grow older. I cried when I read the article. I am just so disheartened to hear about these cases of animal abuse and neglect. I have had to call the humane society on a neighbor twice. I am seeing more and more abuse of animals and children lately-- it is a sad reality to where our society seems to be headed. Sorry had to vent... I am just so upset by this.

MeinLieberSchollie62
November 18th, 2009, 8:25 AM
I agree with you, I cannot stand anyone who abuses animals and mine are like my children - just with 4 legs. I love my animals .. all of them and will protect them like I do my family. There is no excuse to beat and mistreat a defenseless creature that only wants to be loved and that is why I detest Michael Vick ....... he is just a lowlife ....
- venting also here -

xzochye
November 18th, 2009, 2:19 PM
Once again today in the paper is a report of a man beating a puppy so bad that it woke the neighbors and they called the cops. I do hope the puppy recovers and I do hope it finds a home to help overcome the brutality and pain it had to occur. I guess I am getting to be even more protective about animals as I grow older. I cried when I read the article. I am just so disheartened to hear about these cases of animal abuse and neglect. I have had to call the humane society on a neighbor twice. I am seeing more and more abuse of animals and children lately-- it is a sad reality to where our society seems to be headed. Sorry had to vent... I am just so upset by this.

Where at in the paper? I was trying to find it online and can't.

dj402_97
November 18th, 2009, 2:30 PM
Police Blotter
By Victor O'Brien
Killeen Daily Herald

A 27-year-old KIlleen man faces charges he punched a puppy so many times neighbors were awakened by the whimpering.

Neighbors reported being awakened to the loud whimpers of a dog being beaten around 4:40 a.m. Tuesday.

A Killeen officer witnessed Temoris Marquis Johnson, 27, punch a dog in the head and body several times as the puppy bled, an arrest affidavit stated. The incident happened at Johnson's residence in 1700 block of Alamo Drive.

Johnson said "the dog snapped at him, so he was teaching it a lesson and giving it a beating," the arrest affidavit stated. The officer said the puppy showed no aggression and appeared to be in serious pain.

Killeen Animal Control confiscated the puppy from Johnson.

Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin set bond at $25,000 on a charge of cruelty to animals.

xzochye
November 18th, 2009, 5:13 PM
Oh poor puppy! The man should rot in jail!

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
November 18th, 2009, 6:23 PM
Just "checking" those bleeding hearts.

It is entirely possible to have a "bleeding" heart (your words not mine) for an abused animal and to also be a strong pro-life advocate. These are not mutually exclusive.

BTW, if you saw this puppy (I was with her today) your heart would bleed as well.

Scarlett
November 18th, 2009, 6:28 PM
Brad, this story breaks my heart. How is the baby doing?

xzochye
November 18th, 2009, 6:38 PM
UHG! I forgot to watch the 6 o'clock news to hear about the puppy and breed! Update us Dr. Buckley...PLEASE!

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
November 19th, 2009, 8:37 AM
The little pup is doing better and we expect her to recover with time. After 16 years of practice, this is one of the most violent acts of abuse that I have ever seen.

However, people tend to be silent in their advocacy of life and vociferous in their advocacy of beast.

Point well taken as well, sir.

Rick
November 19th, 2009, 9:04 AM
I deleted the "other" discussion that was not appropriate for this section. If anyone objects, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it.

Spartan, you are more than welcome to make your points in the Killeen, Miscellaneous, or National section.

Thanks for understanding.

Saw you on TV last night Doc, good job!
KXXV report on dog attack featuring Dr. Buckley. (http://www.kxxv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4314572&h1=Owner%20of%20mauled%20dog%20demands%20action%20 from%20city&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=142200&LaunchPageAdTag=Video Player&activePane=info&rnd=14510517)

MeinLieberSchollie62
November 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM
What is wrong with people? Who would do such a thing ?
I just do not understand. I love my animals - dogs, cat and birds alike and would never
do anything to hurt them. I go into the MOTHER mode as soon as someone whimpers, limps or has any other problems or issues.
They are part of my family ........ beating a defenseless creature like this ....... what a lowlife this man is ........
I hope that the puppy is doing well and hope that she has not lost faith in humans and can still trust and love

crazyinkilleen
December 7th, 2009, 6:49 PM
It was your killeen Police and Animal control that got that owner put in jail for cruelty to animals. If animal control did not care that Officer would not have gotten out of bed at 4am to help the police with this case. Thanks KPD and ACD.