PDA

View Full Version : Found Dog

Kelsey
October 20th, 2009, 1:50 PM
My daughter found a cocker spaniel mixed female dog last night coming home from Temple. She found it in the middle of the road on Oak Ridge in Harker Heights. The dog is missing her right eye. If anyone is looking for it, call the Harker Heights animal control, they have my phone number.

Kelsey
October 26th, 2009, 1:04 PM
The owner of the dog finally called Saturday morning and my husband took her home. I am glad the dog is back with it's owner, I am just wondering why it took 5 days for them to call.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2009, 2:44 PM
There's the key - your husband drove it home.

FieryPrincess
October 29th, 2009, 6:20 AM
I think that is smart. I don't want people I don't know to know where I live either.

Kelsey
November 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Now for the rest of the story! Saturday the 14th I was reading the paper and was looking at the pets up for adoption in the local pounds and shelters, and guess who was there, the one eye cocker spaniel we had found earlier. She was in the Harker Heights pound. I called the pound and was told they were hoping to place her with the cocker spaniel rescue if no one adopted her. I called back a few days later and was told the pound had not heard back from the cocker spaniel rescue and that no one had adopted her and they were going to have to put her down in another day. I went and got her that evening before they closed. She is such a sweet dog and just wants to be loved. She has been to the groomers and looks like a totally different dog! I really did not need three special needs dogs but I do not regret my decision. She is so out of physical shape that she gets tired walking one block. I can not understand how her previous owner could treat her the way that they did!

FieryPrincess
November 25th, 2009, 1:34 PM
Sounds like it was meant to be.

dragonfly
November 28th, 2009, 9:33 PM
:thumbsup to you!!!