PDA

View Full Version : Is it football season yet???

gvls78
March 7th, 2009, 5:54 PM
I really hate this time of year. I enjoy bball during the NCAA tourney and the NBA during playoffs but I can take or leave both. Baseball is okay but as a Rangers fan well you understand. Hockey sucks! I do enjoy Nascar but I just CAN'T WAIT till football season is here again. We have the draft coming up, then mini camps and finally training camp. Once that gets here then it's on. There is nothing and I mean nothing better than a weekend where my Tennessee Vols win on Sat and then my Cowboys spank some ass on Sunday. I can only hope that this coming season is better for both. Okay I'm done with my rant.

siamcat
March 7th, 2009, 5:57 PM
I love hockey and I'm still enjoying the season, but it'll be football season soon:-*

gvls78
March 7th, 2009, 6:05 PM
I love hockey and I'm still enjoying the season, but it'll be football season soon:-*

I will never bash anyone for loving hockey. I just personally don't enjoy it on tv. When we had a local team here I really did have great times going to a live game though.

King_of_kings
March 7th, 2009, 6:12 PM
Ohh gvls78, despite our "historic connection" we share, I do have to disagree with you one one thing.. I GOTTA SEE THE STARS ON ICE!! lol.. at least till the draft is over then I focus on them damn Cowboys winning a Superbowl...\

:stormingmadDamn Steelers having 1 more world title then the Boys.....

siamcat
March 7th, 2009, 6:39 PM
I will never bash anyone for loving hockey. I just personally don't enjoy it on tv. When we had a local team here I really did have great times going to a live game though.

Isn't it fun to watch in person?

Scarlett
March 7th, 2009, 6:57 PM
I LOVE watching hockey in person. GOOD TIMES.

CenTexDave
March 7th, 2009, 9:24 PM
You can probably pick some hockey games up on DirecTV. That is if your pooch hasn't chewed through another outside cable!
Hockey is a good, exciting sport.
I'll watch about any sport except golf, bowling and tennis. Don't find those exciting.
Good lacrosse match on ESPN today.

stormy
March 7th, 2009, 9:32 PM
Have to agree. Love hockey, just like to watch it live! Go Spokane Chiefs!

Proud Texan
March 7th, 2009, 9:36 PM
time for some Nascar

stormy
March 7th, 2009, 9:46 PM
I'll be the first to admit that when Dale Sr. died I really got sucked in. All the wierd coincidences, and the storyline....but I've been bored the last couple years, although I do still like it. When football is over, it's kinda depressing...nothing on tv on Sunday, and really enjoyed planning the day around football...barbequeing, ect. It's always fun at the end of the summer when football comes back on!

Scarlett
March 7th, 2009, 10:06 PM
You can probably pick some hockey games up on DirecTV. That is if your pooch hasn't chewed through another outside cable!

So far so good. I have managed an entire 24 hours without the dog getting to the cable! (The grill is now in front of the cords, blocking his access.)

sickofpc
March 8th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I can't believe you guys don't get excited about the Final Four in college basketball. .....

CenTexDave
March 8th, 2009, 9:47 AM
That's the only time I watch college basketball - mens' and womens' final four. The only time I watch the NBA is starting with conference finals.

cityboy
March 8th, 2009, 9:58 AM
The Cowboys will go to the Super Bowl next season, now that Toxic Terrell is gone bye-bye ...

Proud Texan
March 8th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Wish we could fire the owner.

cityboy
March 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Very true. Jones is the real source of problem(s) ...

CenTexDave
March 8th, 2009, 1:01 PM
:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:blue rofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl: bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl
The Cowboys will go to the Super Bowl next season, now that Toxic Terrell is gone bye-bye ...

Sorry, but I laugh at that. They lose a very good defensive end to free agency (Chris Canty, and they even let the Giants get him) and sign a mediocre replacement (Olshanky from San Diego). They cut T.O. (good riddance) and safety Roy Williams. They trade the other starting safety (forget his name) to the Lions to get Jon Kitna as a backup QB. They give up the farm to get WR Roy L. Williams (1st, 2d and 6th round draft picks). OLB Greg Ellis is getting ancient, ILB Zach Thomas isn't very good anymore. Former first round draft pick OLB Bobby Carpenter has never developed after getting hurt his senior year in college. They don't have enough draft picks available in the high rounds to get another LB or WR.
Romo had best start producing or I'd scrap him also. And unless they get a good head coach who is a disciplinarian, I wouldn't expect much.
Sorry, look for another 9-7 or 8-8 record this season.

FieryPrincess
March 8th, 2009, 2:18 PM
All of the words were English ones, and yet, I didn't understand a word of the above posting...

CenTexDave
March 8th, 2009, 3:07 PM
It's football, FP, football.

Deb
March 8th, 2009, 3:38 PM
All of the words were English ones, and yet, I didn't understand a word of the above posting...
The only thing I got out of the message was about the 9-7 season (or whatever the numbers were). Baseball season will be starting in about 4 weeks. I've got tickets to go to a bunch of the games starting with opening day. Can't argue with free tickets. Just have to pay for transportation and parking at the games.

Army Sarge
March 8th, 2009, 9:46 PM
... There is nothing and I mean nothing better than a weekend where my Tennessee Vols win on Sat ....

gvls,

Nuttin' personal here, but I have a very good friend of mine from way back in high school who is also a Tenn fan, and I always gave him a good ribbing with this one...

Why did Tennessee pick those school colors?

So you can wear them to the game on Saturday, huntin' on Sunday, and picking up trash beside the highway for the rest of the week...

CenTexDave
March 8th, 2009, 10:40 PM
UT's colors are about the same. Who in the hell ever came up with "burnt" orange??

Scarlett
March 9th, 2009, 9:57 AM
THANK YOU Dave! That has to be the UGLIEST color for a school....ugh. :pukeface:

CenTexDave
March 9th, 2009, 12:03 PM
THANK YOU Dave! That has to be the UGLIEST color for a school....ugh. :pukeface:

That's why I'm a Buckeye at heart - SCARLETT and gray.

gvls78
March 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
gvls,

Nuttin' personal here, but I have a very good friend of mine from way back in high school who is also a Tenn fan, and I always gave him a good ribbing with this one...

Why did Tennessee pick those school colors?

So you can wear them to the game on Saturday, huntin' on Sunday, and picking up trash beside the highway for the rest of the week...

LOL I have heard that one, thanks for telling one of the nicer ones.

sickofpc
March 9th, 2009, 6:20 PM
Dear Scarlett and Dave....WATCH IT !!:2ban:bringit Hook 'em Horns...

Proud Texan
March 9th, 2009, 6:38 PM
Gig em AGGIES

CenTexDave
March 9th, 2009, 9:34 PM
Dear Scarlett and Dave....WATCH IT !!:2ban:bringit Hook 'em Horns...

Never said I wasn't a Longhorns' fan. Only when they play Ohio State do I go for their opponent.
That said, that was one helluva Fiesta Bowl!!

Scarlett
March 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I will say it...I am NOT NOW, nor have I EVER BEEN, nor will I EVER BE, a Longhorn's Fan. The only good Longhorn is one cut into the shape of a T-Bone and on my plate, grilled to a perfect medium...

CenTexDave
March 9th, 2009, 10:32 PM
:thumbsup:))

sickofpc
March 9th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Scarlett, blaspheme. ...pure blaspheme. :( One of these days Kansas will get a University with a football program. I hope so, for your sake.(I will admit that they do play a little basketball there, tho)....but, ....what is a JAYhawk???

Scarlett
March 10th, 2009, 7:24 AM
I don't know about those jayhawks...fake birds....I am a WILDCAT. So there... (I need the little toungue sticking out guy....where the hell is he?)

CenTexDave
March 10th, 2009, 7:29 AM
K-State Wildcat? Maybe now that Bill Snyder returned as their head coach they'll start being a force again. I remember the last time he coached they were really good. I also remember my Buckeyes kicking their butts!:)

sickofpc
March 10th, 2009, 5:54 PM
and THE University of Texas kicking their butts...:thumbsup

CenTexDave
March 10th, 2009, 5:58 PM
:crying They hardly kicked Ohio State's butt. Took a last minute drive with a questionable call.
But was one great game.

Scarlett
March 10th, 2009, 9:08 PM
Whatever boys...my point is simply this...I will wear K-States purple, or even Ohio State's SCARLETT, but BURNT ORANGE is just UGLY. I could care less who wins the games, as long as I look good in the jersey! ::)

CenTexDave
March 10th, 2009, 9:13 PM
Could be worse than UT's burnt orange.
Ever get a peek of University of Oregon's uniforms? Ugliest things to hit the planet.

FieryPrincess
March 11th, 2009, 7:02 PM
Go Roadrunners!

(wait, they don't have a football team yet!)

CenTexDave
March 11th, 2009, 7:26 PM
What team are the Roadrunners - New Mexico?

sickofpc
March 11th, 2009, 7:59 PM
Scarlett...forgot....you are correct...burnt orange doesn't really go well with green.....and Dave, was referring to K-State getting :beathorse

FieryPrincess
March 11th, 2009, 8:25 PM
UT - San Antonio.

Yeah, baby!

:giggle:giggle:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

CenTexDave
March 12th, 2009, 7:15 AM
They don't even have a football team (yet).

Army Sarge
March 12th, 2009, 7:20 AM
I don't know about those jayhawks...fake birds....I am a WILDCAT. So there... (I need the little toungue sticking out guy....where the hell is he?)

Bill Snyder has just been informed that he will only be allowed to dress 45 K-State scholarship players this season.....

The rest will just have to learn to dress themselves<------------------:bluerofl

CenTexDave
March 12th, 2009, 8:05 AM
They must be on probation for something they did wrong.
Snyder had a real good program there before he "retired". It'll take him 3-4 years to get them back, but then they should be a real force in the Big 12 North.

rubytuesday
March 12th, 2009, 7:34 PM
I'm (not happily) with Dave about the Cowboys. TO was not the only problem at Valley Ranch and it make take another season or two to turn things around.