PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Vs KC

cnjbond
October 12th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Here are a few of my observations from this game:

1) Flozo the Bozo needs to go! How long can you continue to let this guy play if he's going to constantly get penalties...costly ones at that?

2) Marion the Barbarian needs to get limited carries until he is completely healed up before he injures his leg any further. The "Right" Choice is doing a heckuva job when given the opportunity.

3) T-New is OVERRATED!

4) Austin needs to start...I know he dropped a few out there but this kid has some potential. Crayton should stay in the slot where he does most of his damage and keep Williams & Austin on the outside.

5) Is Whitten getting slower or is it just me?

6) This game should've never gone into overtime! The defense plays good all the way up until the offense FINALLY starts showing life and then they crack. For some reason I don't think last year’s defensive coordinator was the problem.

7) 4 or 5 offside penalties on one drive...are you kidding me...highly paid professional football player! Reminds me of that commercial, Real Men of Genius...Mr I-Can't-Stay-On-My-Side-Of-The-Ball-'Til-It's-Snapped

8) 11 or more seconds left with 2 time outs and you decide to kneel the clock out to go into overtime...this translates to Mr. Romo, we really wish we could trust you to make the right decision in clutch time but you've shown us on several occasions that you're not, I repeat not to be trusted to make a smart decision. We'll take our chances in overtime...thank you very much and good day sir, I said good day!

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2009, 4:44 AM
Miles had the game of his career. Good job.
The Cowboys are lucky they won this, but shouldn't feel too good about it. KC hasn't tasted victory yet.

cityboy
October 12th, 2009, 7:22 AM
The Cowboys are as bad as UT -- scraping by against mediocre teams ... watching the Florida-LSU game the other night, I wondered if UT could beat either one of those two teams. I don't think so, and I really don't understand the No. 2 rating (I am a big UT fan, by the way) ... I think OU will kick their butts, and then maybe OSU, too ... UT would get smoked in the SEC, I'm afraid ...

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2009, 7:59 AM
UT has dropped to third in the polls, behind Alabama who is now second. That will probably change when Florida plays the Crimson Tide in the SEC Championship Game.
If Texas takes care of business, and that's debatable, they should play for the National Championship. But they now are starting to get injuries galore. Their top two running backs are hurt and the Sooners are waiting for them.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2009, 8:05 AM
Here are a few of my observations from this game:

1) Flozo the Bozo needs to go! How long can you continue to let this guy play if he's going to constantly get penalties...costly ones at that?

2) Marion the Barbarian needs to get limited carries until he is completely healed up before he injures his leg any further. The "Right" Choice is doing a heckuva job when given the opportunity.

3) T-New is OVERRATED!

4) Austin needs to start...I know he dropped a few out there but this kid has some potential. Crayton should stay in the slot where he does most of his damage and keep Williams & Austin on the outside.

5) Is Whitten getting slower or is it just me?

6) This game should've never gone into overtime! The defense plays good all the way up until the offense FINALLY starts showing life and then they crack. For some reason I don't think last year’s defensive coordinator was the problem.

7) 4 or 5 offside penalties on one drive...are you kidding me...highly paid professional football player! Reminds me of that commercial, Real Men of Genius...Mr I-Can't-Stay-On-My-Side-Of-The-Ball-'Til-It's-Snapped

8) 11 or more seconds left with 2 time outs and you decide to kneel the clock out to go into overtime...this translates to Mr. Romo, we really wish we could trust you to make the right decision in clutch time but you've shown us on several occasions that you're not, I repeat not to be trusted to make a smart decision. We'll take our chances in overtime...thank you very much and good day sir, I said good day!

Very good comments:
(1) For the past two years he's been the most penalized offensive lineman in the NFL. If he isn't false starting he's allowing his man to get by him.
(2) He still isn't 100%, but with Felix Jones out they need him to play a limited role. As great as Jones has proven to be his rookie year and this year, the guy is hurt more than he's healthy. Get Choice more involved, because I imagine he'll be the #2 RB of the future.
(3) Always has been.
(4) Was a career day for Miles Austin. Crayton may find himself sitting on the bench when Williams returns.
(5) He never was fast, just good hands. And it does appear he's slowed down.
(6) Tons of talent in the front seven of the defense, but it doesn't appear they play as a team. Four offside penalties against them in one KC drive yesterday!!
(7) It was four, and it must have been driving Phillips crazy on the sidelines.
(8) They need to spend a high draft pick on a QB next April. Trade up if they can and get Bradford or McCoy. And I imagine somewhere out there in college ball there is a relatively unknown QB who would make an excellent NFL QB. Romo has thoroughly demonstrated he is not what Dallas needs.