PDA

View Full Version : What do you like most about CENTEXTALK?

Scarlett
October 3rd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Since we will be the Morning Buzz show next Wednesday, I was wondering...
What do you, the forum users, like MOST about this site? What keeps you coming back? While we are at it, I guess if you must complain about something...as some of you seem prone to do regardless...go ahead and let me know what do you dislike as well?

I am trying to mentally prepare myself for live TV...haha...and need some ideas to be swirling around in my little head....

Thanks for any input you might have!

~S~

Iteachtoo
October 3rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
I like the validation of my own thoughts; to know I am not the only one to think that way and to be able to discuss those thoughts with other professionals. I also like the fun you can have reading the posts from those who do not think alike!!
I am embarrassed to say that this forum is some what addicting, but as far as addictions go, at least it is not harmful........that is, providing you can keep from peeking at it during you off period!!! Just kidding Mr. Manley!!!!!!!:-)

cityboy
October 3rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
I enjoy bantering with the intelligent, good-humored people on here. Sometimes things are taken too seriously, when they are meant to be not so serious, but all in all, it's fun. Also, on the practical side, it's a good place for finding information ... :-B

Night Owl
October 3rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
I enjoy the interaction, good and bad, of people with different backgrounds and their thought process on how they came be believe the way they believe. I also enjoy some of the heated arguments. Not that I would ever be involved in those.:):)

Rick
October 3rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Good question boss. ;)

Obviously, the discussions (that don't get too personal.)

On a personal level, I am very thankful for the personal friendships I have made with a few people (outside the forum.) I was not expecting that to happen. :thumbsup

circle_c
October 3rd, 2009, 1:32 PM
All of the above comments favor my opinions as well. I like the diversity of the people and agreeing to disagree on various subjects. I would also agree that it is addictive once you get started. Sometimes the personal razing gets carried away but it's fun reading over a cup of coffee in the morning or any time for that matter. It's a great forum and you don't have to post within a two week period or be scratched from the forum. All in all I think the forum Czar's are doing a great job. HOOAH.. My story and I'm sticking to it...

Scarlett
October 3rd, 2009, 1:57 PM
Ohhh I always wanted to be a Czar! Woohoo! (I can now check that off of my list of things to do before I die....)

Texas Immigrant
October 3rd, 2009, 2:31 PM
I like reading other people's point of view on topics, I like how fast we get to know information, and I especially like being able to talk about issues with KISD without feeling like my job is on the line.

THEMEANOGRE
October 3rd, 2009, 2:58 PM
Count me with eveybody else. I enjoy being able to discuss things and interact with others right from my computer. I'll even admit to liking the eye rolls I give to some of the postings of some people. Great exercise there. This is so much better than any other "social networking" site.

bbh
October 3rd, 2009, 5:25 PM
I love everything about this forum, and...yep....it is addictive!

I especially like the KISD part where I get ideas from other teachers and realize that I'm not the only one with occasional problems inside and outside of the classroom. I tend to get down on myself from time to time, but reading about the issues that others (who I know are good teachers) have, helps me feel better and more positive.

Centextalk is better than paying big $$$ for therapy!

Scarlett
October 3rd, 2009, 5:45 PM

:thumbsupYeah! I think in my next life I will be a therapist...if only I could fix MY emotional state the way I fix other people's!

Iteachtoo
October 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
That's me too, if I could just take my own advice!

THEMEANOGRE
October 4th, 2009, 4:13 AM
Ya don't need therapy, ya doesn't has ta follah yer OWN advice. Whatever yer problem, just pick someone that ya trust and metaphorically soak their shoulder.

Rick
October 4th, 2009, 4:14 AM
You mean, you haven't received the bill yet?

Hahaha, Just wait!!!!

FieryPrincess
October 4th, 2009, 6:26 AM
I almost always have an opinion about things, so I like that here is a place where I can share it.

I like that I learn what is going on faster here than anywhere else.

I like the sense of community.

Night Owl
October 5th, 2009, 1:38 PM
I just bought a new couch. Anyone interested???:)