PDA

View Full Version : I HATE Having to log in to read the forums

Bill Kliewer
March 5th, 2009, 7:11 PM
Seems like a big waste to me. I understand allowing only registered members to post, but just to read the forums its a hassle to log in each time

Scarlett
March 5th, 2009, 7:25 PM
Can you not leave your computer logged in? Or is it not a personal computer?

MyFoot76541
March 5th, 2009, 7:41 PM
The staying logged in feature doesn't work for me. I am on IE8 on Vista Pro and everytime I close my browser I am logged out of everything.

Scarlett
March 5th, 2009, 7:50 PM
WELL...I don't know what a IE8 is..haha. I am on a laptop with Windows Vista, and have no problems. Interesting.....here is what I do when I have a problem....

RICK!!!!!!!! FIX THIS!

Army Sarge
March 5th, 2009, 8:05 PM
Internet Explorer 8

CenTexDave
March 5th, 2009, 8:21 PM
Get rid of Internet Explorer and go to mozilla.org and download Mozilla Firefox. Better browser, more secure, faster. And it will remember all your passwords so you don't have to log in every time.

Rick
March 5th, 2009, 9:07 PM
I had the same problem as myfoot on my Vista notebook. It would ask if I wanted to save the passwords, but it never did and that was on all the sites I visited.

I ended up creating a new username and it has been fine ever since.

If it is happening to a few and not everyone, it is not an issue with the board although, it may be a cookie issue.

Make sure your computer will accept them and then try clearing them, there may be some old ones left from the old software.

As for the issues that Mr. Kliewer, I apologize for the inconvenience. http://centextalk.com/vb/showpost.php?p=4508&postcount=6

SunDevil
March 5th, 2009, 9:17 PM
I am on a laptop with Windows Vista, and have no problems.
That's what I use and I have no problems either.

MyFoot76541
March 5th, 2009, 9:20 PM
Get rid of Internet Explorer and go to mozilla.org and download Mozilla Firefox. Better browser, more secure, faster. And it will remember all your passwords so you don't have to log in every time.

To my chagrin, I cannot use Mozilla on this laptop. Whenever I come to a page that employs javascript in a secure environment, the entire OS locks up and I have to remove the battery and power cable in order to shut down the laptop. No CTR+ALT delete .... no power button shut off .... :crying :banghead

I will try Rick's suggestion to create a new user and operate under that.... :glug:

CenTexDave
March 5th, 2009, 9:22 PM
Ain't Windows great?? Microsoft Works has to be one of the biggest oxymorons of all time.:banghead

Rick
March 5th, 2009, 9:22 PM
I actually found the fix for it on Microsoft's website. Those morons should fix it instead of telling people to start over.

MyFoot76541
March 5th, 2009, 10:18 PM
To my chagrin, I cannot use Mozilla on this laptop. Whenever I come to a page that employs javascript in a secure environment, the entire OS locks up and I have to remove the battery and power cable in order to shut down the laptop. No CTR+ALT delete .... no power button shut off ....

Just in case someone else has the same issue: To help myself in the matter of the locking OS while browsing with Firefox: Enable pop-up windows and the issue seems to be solved....

circle_c
March 6th, 2009, 3:17 PM
I had the same problem as myfoot on my Vista notebook. It would ask if I wanted to save the passwords, but it never did and that was on all the sites I visited.

I ended up creating a new username and it has been fine ever since.

If it is happening to a few and not everyone, it is not an issue with the board although, it may be a cookie issue.

Make sure your computer will accept them and then try clearing them, there may be some old ones left from the old software.

As for the issues that Mr. Kliewer, I apologize for the inconvenience. http://centextalk.com/vb/showpost.php?p=4508&postcount=6

For what it is worth.... www.lastpass.com supposed to be pretty good, recommended by experts. and it's FREE. have not used it my self yet but have downloaded it just haven't installed it. works in your browser firefox and IE.

Rick
March 6th, 2009, 8:18 PM
Thanks, I'll look at it.

sickofpc
March 7th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I wish I was as technically savvy as some of you guys....

HS Teacher 5
March 7th, 2009, 4:53 PM
I use the KISD issued MacBook (my only computer) and I have to log into read the posts. I assumed that you didn't want people who were not members to be able to read posts.

CenTexTalk.com
March 7th, 2009, 8:36 PM
Yes, that is correct!