PDA

View Full Version : Go Stars!

texaswhatever
September 29th, 2009, 4:12 PM
GO STARS!!! This is the season for the cup!

Night Owl
September 29th, 2009, 4:33 PM
:thumbsup:thumbsup

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2009, 6:10 PM
It's a great sport, but never on TV so I've about lost interest in it.

texaswhatever
October 6th, 2009, 7:48 AM
Ok so...I went to Dallas for the opening game of the regular season this weekend. Good game but they lost in a shootout. Turco looks good and it's good to see Morrow back on the job. I kinda wish we had some of the rookies from the junior league that played well last season. More to follow as the season gets underway. Press "2" to receive this post in Spanish.

texaswhatever
October 7th, 2009, 7:42 AM
Stupid Stars. I love ya' but you're playing with your panties sticking out. The Oilers were quick to dole out the hits, while the Stars played the more passive role. GET MORE PHYSICAL! Last nights game was good with the Stars and Oilers matching point for point until the shoot out. I believe some more practice needs to be done on getting the rubber through the five hole.

cnjbond
October 7th, 2009, 2:06 PM
That's what she said...sorry couldn't resist...I love "The Office"...and the Stars of course!

siamcat
October 7th, 2009, 7:54 PM
GO STARS!!! This is the season for the cup!

Finally a fellow hockey fan:).
Have to disagree on favorite teams though, but that's ok.

Night Owl
October 7th, 2009, 9:13 PM
This is the South. Hockey is not something you play, its something you do!!!!

causeandeffect
October 7th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Finally a fellow hockey fan:).
Have to disagree on favorite teams though, but that's ok.

Just don't say that bad "R W" team and we are good! :-)

I try to catch games when I can. I usually dont get a chance to watch untilt he All Star break. Dallas has a tendency to not get it together until then anyway.

I usually have to keep up online.

siamcat
October 8th, 2009, 8:43 PM
Ok, I won't say it then::).

causeandeffect
October 8th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Ok, I won't say it then::).

I had a feeling... No worries, I have a great friend who lives in Michigan and is a huge fan. It is a friendly rivalry as far as I am concerned!! :)

texaswhatever
October 9th, 2009, 7:52 AM
Yeah Dallas has always been a third period team no matter what the line-up. I know it sounds bad but so far I'd like to see a couple of injuries or line-up guys scratched and replaced by a couple of the minor league guys. I invested in Time Warner's Center Ice so I can DVR all the games...I think I'll have to re-adjust by beer budget.

causeandeffect
October 9th, 2009, 9:33 AM
Yeah I think my heart was broken when Derian Hatcher left....I kind of stopped watching for a while because the team was really slackin....I am not a band wagoner - I just got sick of them losing! I am glad that Joe Nieuwendyk and Brett Hull are still around at least.

Man, do you remember when Modano and Jeremy Roenick(sp?) had their little (LOL) tiff and JR got his jaw broken? I was at a CHL game in Oklahoma and we saw it at a sports bar after the game....

texaswhatever
October 9th, 2009, 11:09 AM
No I don't remember that one...I've only seem Mike get into a couple of scraps.

causeandeffect
October 9th, 2009, 11:48 AM
It was like ten years ago or so. JR made a really cheap shot and hurt Modano pretty bad...Hatcher came back and checked him into the boards (I think it was the boards) so bad that it broke JR's jaw. Mikey rarely gets into it with anyone... that is how he has kept his pretty teeth!! :)

siamcat
October 9th, 2009, 4:48 PM
The best fight was quite a few years back between the Avalanche and the Red Wings. It involved most players of each team. Even the goalies got into it with each other.:)

causeandeffect
October 9th, 2009, 7:22 PM
Yeah that was a good one too! I watched that game. I use to have the time to watch all of em... Chris Osgood and Patrick Roy....Came all the way to center ice!