PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Stress

causeandeffect
September 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I was just curious what everyone dones to download the stresses of life. Everything I enjoy to "relax" takes time that I cannot seem to find. Anybody else with that kind of hectic life have a creative way to sneak free time to yourself to recharge your batteries?

Msradar
September 28th, 2009, 1:48 PM
I take power naps. I usually have a good audio book loaded on my MP3 playing and I listen for about 15 minutes and I am out to sleep like a light for 1hr. I do have the luxury of a split day type of work schedules so I can do that.

The other thing is a nice hot shower with lavander and vanilla bath gel (bath and body works) I do the whole exfoliating, massaging and deep moisturing...follow by my favorite Jammies.....a good book or audio book...and off to sleep.

When I worked a set schedule I would always leave the building for lunch and go sit outside. We had a nice covered picnic area. I usually took lunch when there was maybe 1 person outside beside me. Its none smoking. we had long benches. I would sit eat,prop my feet up, relax and just listen to the birds and watch the squirrels play. Set my timer to let me know when it was time to go back in. I did that every day unless it was really pouring rain storming outside.

In my house we frequently retreat to different parts of the house. Sometimes just finding a quiet spot....or using relaxing music or plain ole ear plugs to create that quiet spot works well.

THEMEANOGRE
September 28th, 2009, 4:11 PM
The best and most effective relief of mental stress is laughter. Examine the stressor, consider it from all angles, reflect on how ridiculous it is and enjoy a good laugh. When things get to where you cannot laugh at the stresses, you no longer belong in that place. Get out immediately, for your health.
Truly mental stress can NOT hurt you, it is a construct of the mind. Its all just your imagination.
The corollary to the previous statement is that the most potent weapon known to man is the human mind.