PDA

View Full Version : Romo Taking A Beating

cnjbond
September 24th, 2009, 2:47 PM
Have you guys been following all the reports about former Cowboy greats dishing it out on Romo? Some may be warranted but geez this is just week 2...does anyone remember week 1...the record setting performance of week 1? I'll admit that I'm still not sold him but I'm not ready to run him out of town...especially with what we have waiting on the bench!

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2009, 9:41 PM
I've never been sold on him. One week he's great, the next week he sucks.
The Cowboys need to draft a QB next April.

RooDawg
September 25th, 2009, 1:42 PM
i was thinking the same thing...one week he was praised and the next he was crucified...the life of an nfl quarterback that hasnt won anything.

cnjbond
September 25th, 2009, 3:14 PM
I think this is his season to prove that it wasn't a mistake to stick with him and sign him to that HUGE contract. I hope he doesn't turn out to be the next Danny White but at least D.W. had a playoff win...

CenTexDave
September 25th, 2009, 4:11 PM
Danny White was a good QB. Romo has potential to be better, but he just makes stupid decisions.
By the way, wasn't Danny White the only Cowboy QB to never lose to the Redskins?

cityboy
September 25th, 2009, 9:22 PM
Hasn't Jerry Jones expressed "complete confidence" in Romo? That's usually the kiss of death ...

CenTexDave
September 25th, 2009, 11:14 PM
We'll see what happens Monday night when Jerry gets to show off his "Palace" again.
If they blow this one at home against Carolina I'd fire Phillips.
Everybody is on Romo's butt after last Sunday night, and he sucked big time, but the defense hasn't played well since last December. Bunch of pro-bowlers on the defense and they have yet to get a sack or cause a turnover. The defensive secondary is absolutely terrible. Hell, I could play wideout against them and catch a pass and I'm ancient.

cnjbond
September 26th, 2009, 1:30 AM
Danny White was a good QB. Romo has potential to be better, but he just makes stupid decisions.
By the way, wasn't Danny White the only Cowboy QB to never lose to the Redskins?
He was a good QB but we all know how Dallas QBs are measured and that's by SuperBowl victories. And you're right about Romo, he has the potential to be even better but he can't seem to win the big ones. Dallas is built to be a run first team with all the weapons they have in the backfield. Maybe if they became more of a ball control team it would lessen the exposure on the defense, especially the secondary!

Charles Grubb
September 27th, 2009, 1:18 AM
Hasn't Jerry Jones expressed "complete confidence" in Romo? That's usually the kiss of death ...

It sure was for The Tuna.