PDA

View Full Version : Pet Sitting

rubytuesday
March 4th, 2009, 7:36 PM
Has anyone used a local (Cove/Kempner) pet sitter business? My husband and I will be out of town for a couple of days next month and need someone to check in on our dogs. I would love any personal recommendations y'all might have.

SunDevil
March 4th, 2009, 8:47 PM
I don't know of anyone that does drop in but I have heard good things about the new pet hotel in Harker Heights. Here's the link: http://www.stillhousepets.com/home

CenTexDave
March 4th, 2009, 9:01 PM
Try a couple of your responsible and mature high school students.

rubytuesday
March 4th, 2009, 9:08 PM
I have thought about asking a kid to do it, Dave, and it's a pretty good idea. We have 7 dogs (I know that's completely insane, but I have a hard time saying no to a pooch in need), though, and I wonder if that is too much to ask a kid to handle. If it were your kid, what do you think a fair salary would be for a twice daily trip?

Scarlett
March 4th, 2009, 9:36 PM
I have a mature and responsible student of mine that always does it for me. If you want me to talk to her, I will. She is great. Took care of my cat and dog for two weeks over Christmas. I came home and she had even cleaned out my fridge, done all those dishes, swept the floor and cleaned my bathrooms. Maybe she was bored? Whatever it was, I am willing to share her if I don't need her that same time!
She is a senior this year.

CenTexDave
March 4th, 2009, 9:39 PM
For two days, checking in the morning and then coming back late afternoon/early evening to feed them I'd pay them $10 per day. Even 7 dogs is not that hard to care for. I had 6 at my place at one time for a couple of weeks.

Scarlett
March 4th, 2009, 9:43 PM
Well she did it for an A in my class....just saying.....

CenTexDave
March 4th, 2009, 9:46 PM
Well she did it for an A in my class....just saying.....
And I thought you were on the up and up. Shame on ya!!:unsure:

rubytuesday
March 4th, 2009, 9:49 PM
Thanks for the info folks. I have one girl at school who is a total animal lover and super responsible to boot. If she's unavailable, I would definitely like to know about your student, Scarlett. I have to make sure the furry kids are taken care of in the manner to which they've become accustomed! :dork

Scarlett
March 4th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I will ask her, just to see if she is interested, and PM you with her contact information if she says yes.