PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Stinking It Up

CenTexDave
September 20th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Romo needs to take a seat, and the Cowboys need to draft a QB next year.

BillK
September 20th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Romo needs to take a seat, and the Cowboys need to draft a QB next year.

He does have some moments of greatness - its just the other moments sometimes swamp the boat.

Bill

CenTexDave
September 21st, 2009, 4:42 AM
A great 29.5 QB rating for Romo last night!!
And where's the defense?? They pretty well stopped the Giants' running game, but Manning had a field day passing. This D hasn't looked good going back to December of last year.

cnjbond
September 21st, 2009, 6:08 AM
And just think, they fired last years Defensive Coordinator...hmmm, how many take aways do the Cowboys have after game 2...heck did they even get a sack? I just can't understand Romo...last week phenomenal (for the most part) and this week...WTH??!! I think Jason Garrett needs to take the ball out of his hands and make the Boys a running team that has the option to throw the ball. Romo just can't be trusted to manage the game. I would hate to put him under wraps like Parcell had him but geez the Jekyll and Hyde act is getting old fast!

While I'm at it HOW MANY TIMES IS FLOZELL ADAMS GOING TO SCREW UP ON BIG PLAYS??! That joker needs to be fined a game check EVERYTIME he has a costly penalty that negates a 1st down or a big play!

CenTexDave
September 21st, 2009, 6:32 AM
Fat Flozell - most penalized offensive lineman in football. Overrated for years, yet always makes the Pro Bowl.
No sacks. Didn't even really pressure Manning. He had time to order a pizza back there. Here's the team that led the NFL in sacks last year and they don't even touch him!!
Wade Phillips made his reputation as a defensive coordinator. He sure doesn't have this defense, which has good players, doing a thing. The defensive secondary sucks - pure, plain and simple. Mario Manningham, who ran a slow, slow, slow time at the combines prior to the draft and dropped in status, has a field day against them. Steve Smith was open all night. Something definitely wrong in the Big D.

Night Owl
September 28th, 2009, 3:26 PM
The Cowboys are on MNF against the Panthers. Unless something bad happens they should be 2-1 after the game.

BillK
September 28th, 2009, 3:28 PM
The Cowboys are on MNF against the Panthers. Unless something bad happens they should be 2-1 after the game.

Owl -
Now WHAT could POSSIBLY happen "bad" <grin>.

Bill

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2009, 3:57 PM
We'll know in about 4 hours. If the Cowboys can't beat the hapless Panthers, who have a real QB problem of their own and are winless, Jones needs to toss Phillips and have Romo benched. Kitna can play better than this.

cnjbond
September 28th, 2009, 7:35 PM
I got up at 2:30am to watch this one, I just hope and pray that it doesn't turn out like last week...

cnjbond
September 28th, 2009, 8:50 PM
So far it's turning out like last week...

Night Owl
September 28th, 2009, 9:20 PM
Seems like you are wasting good sleep.

cnjbond
September 28th, 2009, 9:38 PM
Lol, I hope not.

Night Owl
September 28th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Sloppy game but the right team won.

BillK
September 28th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Lol, I hope not.

WOOT!
Actually - I want a LOT more of those.
Bill

cnjbond
September 28th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Sloppy game but the right team won.

Very sloppy, but they did make some nice half-time adjustments on both sides of the ball. Where the heck has #57 been hiding this whole time? 2 sacks and a caused fumble...WOW!! Does anyone else think Carpenter needs to go...that guy looks lost out there and when he's in the right position, he still can't make a play!

Good job Boyz...now I'm going to sleep!!

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2009, 8:32 AM
I don't know what's wrong with Bobby Carpenter. He was their #1 draft pick in 2005(?).
You'd think by now he would be a major contributor. Parcells drafted him. His father, Rob Carpenter, was a RB and played for Parcells when the Tuna coached the NY Giants.
Carpenter was part of that great Ohio State LB trio that included A.J. Hawk, James Laurinitis, and crew. He broke his foot his senior year. He doesn't appear to be nearly as quick as he used to be.
I thought this would be the year Carpenter finally started contributing and became a starter after the Cowboys let Greg Ellis and that other starting LB go. He hasn't progressed at all.
My next question is why was he on the field last night if he can't make the plays? It was still anybody's game until that interception for a TD.

cnjbond
October 1st, 2009, 9:30 AM
I think Carpenter was good because of the talent around him...it's starting to look like DeWare is in that same category so far in this young season. He needs someone on the opposite side that's also a threat to get pressure on the QB. Spencer is good in run defense but I just don't see him putting that much pressure on the QB. Hopefully the rookie (#57, I don't even know the kids name) will help out by providing a fresh body that can actually play! He looked good in his limited playing time on Monday.

CenTexDave
October 1st, 2009, 10:45 AM
#57 was a real force out there. He should earn a starting job.
"DeWare"? LOL, good shortened nickname.

johnwc
October 1st, 2009, 10:03 PM
There's a reason Bobby Carpenter got the nickname Barbie Carpenter in training camp under Parcells. He does not initiate contact, and you will find him running from most tackles or waiting for another defender to make the initial contact.

BillK
October 13th, 2009, 6:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA8ig0NYato&feature=player_embedded#

cnjbond
October 13th, 2009, 7:58 AM
Thanks for the laugh Bill!

Night Owl
October 13th, 2009, 8:56 AM
My prediction of 8-8 is holding up. They might not get to 8 wins unless they get their act together.

CenTexDave
October 13th, 2009, 9:43 AM
They're now 3-2 and have their bye week coming up. They then have 6 home games and 5 road games. I think they will finish 9-7, but 8-8 and even 7-9 is a possibility if they don't get their heads out.
Of their remaining games, I look for wins against Seattle (home), Washington (twice - home and away), Oakland (home). Losses to Philadelphia (twice - home and away), Green Bay (away), New Orleans (away) and possibly Atlanta (home) and San Diego (home). They are going to have to step up and beat some good teams.

Night Owl
October 13th, 2009, 10:22 AM
They won't beat Washington at Washington.

CenTexDave
October 13th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Then they'd better beat Atlanta and San Diego in Dallas, and Green Bay up there, because I don't see them beating Philly at all.
Once this miserable season ends Jerry Jones will fire Phillips. He should have done that on the airplane ride back to DFW last year after the loss to the Eagles. Jason Garrett is no more ready to be a head coach than I am. He needs to go after some of these up and comers from New Orleans, Miami, Arizona, etc. He surely can afford to outpay any other owner.

Night Owl
October 13th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Dallas can't beat anyone that has a good passing game. Their pass D is horrid at best.

CenTexDave
October 13th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Sure is. Newman is overrated. However, Ware is starting to come on, but a helluva pass rush might help the secondary.

Night Owl
October 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
A good pass rush always helps the secondary. We'll see.

cnjbond
October 13th, 2009, 1:31 PM
It really won't matter much in who the coach is as long as Jerry retains as much control in daily operations as he does. A coach needs to know that he is the law and what he says goes without fear of a high profile player being able to jump the chain and complain to the big boss. I also think having Gumby for your coach doesn't help much either!