PDA

View Full Version : Flu Shots

Dagobert II
September 15th, 2009, 1:32 PM
The wife and I loaded all the kids in the van yesterday afternoon and got our flu shots at the Scott & White Clinic. The Scott & White Clinic had a sign on the door advertising flu shots yesterday, today and tomorrow from 5 PM to 6:30 PM.

Besides getting flu shots, the wife and I were reminded why we don't like to take long road trips with all the kids in the van.:doh

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2009, 5:47 PM
Then it was a worthwhile trip!!

BillK
October 3rd, 2009, 6:19 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/health/2009/09/30/ldt.mandatory.flu.shots.cnn.html

Deacon Klaus
October 6th, 2009, 8:09 PM
The following was sent to me by a very mature woman. I believe that what she says is reasonable and needs to be brought to the attention of all prudent people:

I have strong reservations about offering the H1N1 mist/vaccine in schools, etc... I would encourage you to get informed about this vaccine before allowing yourselves or your children to be immunized. I have conducted a little research and have listed some information I feel is VERY important for parents and pregnant women to know and understand before they choose to get the vaccine.

Please read what I have pulled from research. The letters in red are my own statements. I will begin with the most important information that I found last in my research. I have always suspected that there was a lot of hype about the Swine flu based on the history of the Bird flu scare. Researching the FDA website I found a link to: Citizens Petition to Stay the FDA “Swine Flu” Vaccine Approval (www.healthfreedomusa.org) the petitions states the reasons for the stay as:
5. The Vaccine Approvals are being treated as emergency drug approvals, but are being sought without even minimal science based safety testing, and with the inclusion if dangerous adjuvants, including Mercury and squalene, which has NEVER (emphasis mine) been approved as a vaccine adjuvant.
6. The British Neurological Surveillance Unit warned of the “the governments concern about releasing a vaccine of unknown safety” and has alerted its members to be on the alert for an up to 8 fold increase in Guillain-Barre syndrome (an often reversible but sometimes fatal paralysis) due to the vaccines that are the subject of this petition.

This petition wants the FDA to “require each compounded drug to be labeled with a warning that the drug had not undergone FDA testing and that its risks are unknown”…i.e. the reason for the massive scientific research on those receiving the vaccination. See below.

This is how the petitioners want the warning to be read: “This vaccine has not undergone FDA safety or efficacy testing and its risks are unknown in all age groups. This vaccine contains ingredients previously rejected for use in the US and/or never evaluated by the FDA which have been shown in animal studies to cause significant adverse biological response when injected…the vaccine manufacturers, government and government agencies have no liability, and the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program does not currently provide for possible compensation for victims of the vaccine.

Note 6b. The US Government has paid nearly two billion dollars to the families of individuals who have been killed or maimed by vaccines. So, the government has made itself immune to legal compensation resulting from serious side effects or complications from this untested vaccine.

The petition also states regarding the push for total swine flu immunization that “this is “cruel and inhuman in the last degree.”

www.healthfreedomusa.org.

Another website research found:

For example: thimerosal (a mercury based preservative) used in the manufacture of some influenza vaccines. Even though claims that mercury content is “so small it is not possible to have any effect”…Most of vaccines for children are thimerosal free BUT not all are. Parents can request a therimerosal free vaccine if you have any concerns with the multi-dose vials.

Known immediate Side effects (of vaccine): tenderness, pain, redness, hardening of skin, swelling, bruising, and low-grade fever are reported to be mild and resolved within 72 hours.

The mist has a mild, but live form of the H1N1 virus. The vaccine is not live. The mist is not to be administered to people between the ages of 2 and 49 with health problems, and pregnant women.

Known immediate side effects (of mist) for children – runny nose, headache, wheezing, vomiting, muscle aches and fever. Side effects for adults: runny nose, headache, sore throat, cough

This immunization has NOT BEEN researched for long term side effects.

www.momlogic.com

The government wants all school children to get vaccinated. The government (remember who is in charge now) strongly recommends that children between the ages of 6 months and 24 years old get vaccinated. They also want pregnant women to get vaccinated. (this has the potential of causing birth defects or pregnancy loss)

WARNING! According to an article published in the Washington (AP) – Intense tracking for swine flu shot’s side effects – “How do we know it’s safe? Said Dr. Gregory Poland of the Mayo Clinic.” Enter the intense new monitoring. On top of routine vaccine tracking, there are these government sponsored projects:

- Harvard Medical School scientists are linking large insurance data bases that cover up to 50 million people with vaccination registry’s around the country for real time checks of whether people see a doctor within weeks after a flu shot and why. To me that is an invasion of medical records privacy and possibly against the HIPPA laws. The huge numbers make it possible to quickly compare rates of complaints among the vaccinated and unvaccinated, said the project leader, Dr. Richard Platt, Harvard’s population medicine chief.
- John Hopkins University will direct emails to at least 100,000 vaccine recipients to track how they are feeling including the smaller complaints that won’t prompt a doctors visit. If anything seems connected researchers can call to follow-up with detailed questions.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is preparing take home cards that tell vaccine recipients how to report any suspected side effects to the nation’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting system.

Sounds like we are going to be used as guinea pigs…

Dr. Neil Halsey, Director of John Hopkins Institute for Vaccine Safety, who is directing the email surveillance is quoted as saying, “We don’t have reason to expect any unusual problems with this vaccine.” Yet this is unprecedented research collection in our history of immunizations and vaccinations. Sounds very invasive when the government will have access to individuals medical records.

One report says certain people do not meet the criteria for the shot (pregnant women, children under the age of 2, people older than 5o, or people between 2 and 49 with health problems but, according to this article, “…because H1N1 flu targets the young more than the old, this may be the year that unprecedented numbers of children and pregnant women are vaccinated.”

“Very rare side effects by definition could come to light only after large-scale inoculations begin making this the year scientists may finally learn if flu vaccine truly is linked to Guillain-Barre, an often reversible but sometimes fatal paralysis. It is believed to strike between 1-2 of every 100,000 people. It often occurs right after another infections such as food poisoning or influenza. www.komonews.com

Right from the mouth of Kathleen Sebelius, “…certain people should be in the front of the line – including children and pregnant women.” www.wgrz.com I would not trust anything this woman would recommend or the FDA, WHO, etc…

My daughter will NOT get this vaccine and I hope that you will encourage parents to do their own research (or send mine) and pray hard before they allow their children to be immunized.

I will not be taking this vaccine. We each need to make up our own minds but I urge you do the research rather than taking someone's word.

Msradar
October 9th, 2009, 1:18 PM
Besides Scott and White clinic and Walgreens anyone know who is giving the flu shot and cost? I tried the health dept and got no info out of them. They close early on Friday.

Scott and white is $10 for SWHP members and $12 for all others...this is flu-mist only

Walgreens is $24.99 for standard flu shot.