PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Palmer

jackiebee65
September 10th, 2009, 1:11 PM
"The King" turns 80 years young today. Thanks for the great memories. Every pro golfer that "tee's it up" should thank him for everything that he has done for the game. The best part about Arnie, all the thing he has done for children off the course. Happy birthday Arnold.

CenTexDave
September 10th, 2009, 1:27 PM
I remember when Jack Nicklaus first beat him at the Masters. Think it was 1961. Everybody was pissed Arnie lost, and kept asking who is this Nicklaus guy? LOL

jackiebee65
September 10th, 2009, 1:40 PM
Guess they found out soon enough. Jack and Arnie = peas and carrots and sometimes oil and water.

cityboy
September 10th, 2009, 2:42 PM
I got to see Arnie play once in person, at the Champions tournament down in Austin. Followed him for about six holes. Pretty darn cool ... got an autograph from Nicklaus, too!!!

Night Owl
September 10th, 2009, 2:45 PM
The Golden Bear is the greatest golfer of all time, bar none. Give him the same equipment players use today and he would still be head and shoulders above any player today.

CenTexDave
September 10th, 2009, 6:50 PM
I don't know, Owl. Mr. Tigger Woods is making a strong case to take the greatest of all time ranking.

jackiebee65
September 10th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Dave I agree with you but, would either Tiger or Jack have the wins they have now if they went head to head now or twenty years ago??? WOW

CenTexDave
September 11th, 2009, 4:51 AM
Probably not.