PDA

View Full Version : Our Next Lunch! Sun, Sept 27!

Scarlett
September 6th, 2009, 8:03 AM
Ok, we were going to have it on the last Saturday of September, but due to scheduling conflicts, we are moving it to the last Sunday the 27th at 11:00. If you go to church...ummm....will God forgive you if you go that evening instead of morning?

Hope to see several of you there.

Do try to let us know if you are planning to attend, so we can try to get there early enough to get a large space! :thumbsup

JoAnn Purser
September 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Where???

Rick
September 6th, 2009, 12:08 PM
It is planned for Cheddars. Date may still be up in the air. Someone forgot that I probably can't make the 27th. :poke

Scarlett
September 6th, 2009, 1:57 PM
I give up. I need to just put my outlook calendar on here and you can plan around that...good luck! My life is a mess! haha.

THEMEANOGRE
September 6th, 2009, 4:28 PM
I suggested the MS Walk on the 19th. I'll be there for that. Scarlett says she'll try to be there for her co conspiritor. There will be food vendors there. The HH KoC will be doing sausage wraps for the price of a donation. Subway sandwiches will be there as will Starbucks. There will be some kind of live entertainment. I hope we can get "The Teachers" again, or maybe "The Mudcats". I like both of those acts.
Plus there will be a variety of things for the younger folks to do.
All of this will be at Carl Levin Park in HH on the 19th of Sept, from 9AM- Noon. Be there, Aloha!

CenTexDave
September 7th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Get somebody to make some good Kolaches and I might even show up for your walk.

Scarlett
September 7th, 2009, 4:09 PM
I think we need to just cancel this for now. Our schedules are just too conflicting.

gnatsum
September 8th, 2009, 1:35 PM
Ok, we were going to have it on the last Saturday of September, but due to scheduling conflicts, we are moving it to the last Sunday the 27th at 11:00. If you go to church...ummm....will God forgive you if you go that evening instead of morning?

The SDAs worship on SATURDAYS, as the Good Book tells them too!

From wikipedia:
"Sabbath activities

Bundaberg Seventh-day Adventist ChurchSee also: Sabbath in Seventh-day Adventism
To keep the weekly Sabbath holy, Adventists abstain from secular work on Saturday. They will also usually refrain from purely secular forms of recreation, such as competitive sport and watching non-religious programs on television. However, nature walks, family-oriented activities, charitable work and other activities that are compassionate in nature are encouraged.

Much of Friday might be spent in preparation for the Sabbath; for example, preparing meals and tidying homes. Some Adventists gather for Friday evening worship to welcome in the Sabbath, a practice often known as Vespers.

Saturday afternoon activities vary widely depending on the cultural, ethnic and social background. In some churches, members and visitors will participate in a fellowship (or "potluck") lunch."

THEMEANOGRE
September 8th, 2009, 3:43 PM
Good then the SDAs among our number can come to the 9th Annual WalkMS at Levin Park in HH. The walk happens from 9AM -Noon. Saturday 19 Sep 09. There will be food, entertainment and a good healthy 5K walk to raise funds to help end the tyranny of Multiple Sclerosis.

Deacon Klaus
September 9th, 2009, 12:16 PM
The SDAs worship on SATURDAYS, as the Good Book tells them too!

From wikipedia:
"Sabbath activities

Bundaberg Seventh-day Adventist ChurchSee also: Sabbath in Seventh-day Adventism
To keep the weekly Sabbath holy, Adventists abstain from secular work on Saturday. They will also usually refrain from purely secular forms of recreation, such as competitive sport and watching non-religious programs on television. However, nature walks, family-oriented activities, charitable work and other activities that are compassionate in nature are encouraged.

Much of Friday might be spent in preparation for the Sabbath; for example, preparing meals and tidying homes. Some Adventists gather for Friday evening worship to welcome in the Sabbath, a practice often known as Vespers.

Saturday afternoon activities vary widely depending on the cultural, ethnic and social background. In some churches, members and visitors will participate in a fellowship (or "potluck") lunch."

Since I don't know what Good Book they are reading, I cannot verify the accuracy of those instructions.

The Bible speaks of keeping the sabbath holy. The sabbath is the seventh day. Since the days of the week were not named when the Bible accounts were recorded, I see no problem with beginning the count with Monday and thus Sunday becomes the seventh day to be kept holy.

As He said, "The sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath." He also said, "You strain out a gnat, but swallow a camel."

Ah well... to each her own.

natashayc
September 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm in "The Producers" at VLA and we have a show at 2pm that day. I'll probably stop by and then dash to the theater if I need to get ready. You should all come see "The Producers", by the way! I'll post more detailed info on that soon.

Rick
September 9th, 2009, 12:21 PM
We had to cancel it this time Natasha. Too hard to nail down a convenient date when we could get together.

Please post an announcement about the show.