PDA

View Full Version : OUt

cnjbond
September 6th, 2009, 2:45 AM
Glad to see OU lose yesterday, unfortuantely they will probably play some inspired football the rest of the season, which is dangerous for UT during the Red River Rivalry!

cityboy
September 6th, 2009, 6:38 AM
It was fantastic! I know Bradford was out of the game, but I think UT will handle 'em just fine this year ...

CenTexDave
September 6th, 2009, 7:47 AM
BYU is a good team. Lose your Heisman winning QB and you're asking for trouble.
But I think OU was way overrated (#3 in the polls) to begin with. They lost their entire OL and key defensive players to graduation.
Texas should kick'em good when they play.

cnjbond
September 6th, 2009, 9:14 AM
Although I'm always glad to see the Snoozers lose, I hate to see a good player go down in the process especially one as talented as Sam Bradford. I hope he recovers from this injury to have a successful career, he traded a potential 1st Round selection to help the Snoozers when a championship, have to admire that kind of commitment. It's nice to see that not all players are as selfish as unproven Crabtree. If there's ever been a player to root against, he’d get my vote! He’s successfully redirected the disdain I had against Eli Manning for the stunt he pulled when he was drafted.

Proud Texan
September 6th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I must have missed it what did he do?

cnjbond
September 6th, 2009, 11:46 AM
He being Manning, Crabtree or Bradford?

Proud Texan
September 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Crabtree sorry

cnjbond
September 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM
For some very, very, very strange reason Michael Cashtree thinks he's worth more money than what the 49ers are offering (I think at least $15million guarantee). He was picked 10th in the draft but wants to be paid like a top 5 pick. I hope the 49ers stick to their guns and let this disgrace to Texas Tech sit and stew....there are plenty of "hungry" talented guys that were caught in the numbers game who would JUMP at the chance to prove they belong not who ASSume they belong in the NFL!

cityboy
September 6th, 2009, 2:44 PM
Wow, I think I had heard something about the Crabtree thing, but forgot until now. Pitiful. Not only for a rookie to hold out like this, but how many friggin' millions do you really need???

CenTexDave
September 6th, 2009, 3:40 PM
The 49'ers need to tell him "here's the contract, sign, or we're pulling it off the table, and you can play in Canada or for the Arena League", and then do it. This guy can choose to sit out the year. He can't return for a senior year and play at Texas Tech. If he sits it out he'll drop to a second or later round pick next year and not get anywhere what the 49'ers are offering him now.
I recall the Cleveland Browns interviewed him and decided to pass, and they needed receivers in the draft. Crabtree is a "me, me, me" type player.

cityboy
September 6th, 2009, 6:34 PM
And hasn't done a thing yet in the pros ... amazing ... :|

CenTexDave
September 7th, 2009, 7:23 AM
I think a good part of the problem is the agent(s) these kids hire.
I know there is one agent (forget his name) that many teams won't deal with. If this agent represents a certain player that teams want to draft they won't draft the player.
I realize it's the agent's job to get as much money for the player he represents as he can, but some of their demands are absurd.
Hope Crabtree likes sitting home and watching the games on TV this year.

cityboy
September 7th, 2009, 7:59 AM
Yeah, you're right, brother Dave. It's a real shame for the guy, who also is most likely in for a rude awakening when he finds out the NFL ain't gonna be as easy as high school and college was ...

johnwc
September 7th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Crabtree needed to go to camp and prove he was not a product of the Tech system. Granted he was a good college receiver but I am sure a few of us would get open every now and then if we were in a five wide set.

The Bradford injury does not surprise me. Anyone remember the beatings Bomar took a few years back under similar circumstances (new O-Line)? The BYU linebacker should be UT's defensive player of the week.

CenTexDave
September 8th, 2009, 8:07 AM
Interesting you mention Texas Tech's system making Crabtree what he was. I say "was" because he hasn't done anything as of late. Basically, their system up there in Lubbock is what makes all their players stand out. The very few that get a try out in the NFL usually crash and burn.
Oklahoma has more problems that just Sam Bradford being injured and an inexperienced offensive line. Bradford will probably be back in time when they play Miami. Watched Miami-Florida State last night. Best game of the weekend, and Miami is back. Then Oklahoma gets Texas after that. By the time Columbus Day rolls around OU may have 3 losses.