PDA

View Full Version : Speak your mind and Now they act that way too

King_of_kings
March 2nd, 2009, 6:20 AM
Seems that we really havent escaped the actions of the Killeen Daily Herald Forums Admins after all. Rick has decided that since I was vocal about not liking the software upgrade ( especially since NONE OF THE AVATARS OR GRAPHICS SHOWS UP ON MY SYSTEM SINCE THE UPGRADE) and since I said that he should have asked the membership of the site FIRST before making every one set up a new password and stuff, that I am no longer fit to be a moderator. I was the ONLY one of the moderators who got involved when a topic got way too heated and people started bashing other peoples religions. I am on here every day posting topics, replying to topics, but most of all ensureing that the terms of use are being met, and that people have a fair and balanced free debate area. But Rick has gone on a "Power trip" and decided that I was not fit to be a moderator just because I spoke my mind about HIS decision. Sounds kinda like the stuff that made most of us flock to this site in the first place.

Rick
March 2nd, 2009, 6:29 AM
You just sent me a PM and didn't even give me a chance to discuss it with everyone involved before getting back to you and then you air what you think is some sort of dirty laundry against me. This makes the third time you expressed your displeasure with me publicly on the board. I asked you to take your issues with me to private, but apparently, you think you will pull more weight by putting it in a public forum.

If I am such a power hungry benovlent dictator, why would you want to work with me on what I consider to be a hobby?

Army Sarge
March 2nd, 2009, 6:29 AM
To be honest there partner, I kinda thought your comments were a little out of line as well. (Nothing personal and I clearly don't have an axe to grind here, just a disinterested observation).

While I won't pretend to speak for any Admins, I can only guess that you were removed as a moderator because the position of moderator calls for the ability to maintain a cool, level head (much like a referee in a heated sporting contest) and my guess would be that you colored outside the lines in your post in that regard, and the Admins removed you as a moderator as a result of your inability to keep the comments directed toward them civil.

Just sayin'....

King_of_kings
March 2nd, 2009, 6:33 AM
Because When I TRY to send you a message it says your boxes are full and cant recieve any messages same with Scarlett. And YOU were the one who put it out in the air about rethinking your moderator list.

And Army Serge, Belive it our not I am one of the most level headed people you could ever know. Just that You cant send private messages to people whos inboxes are full and leave you no choice but to put things in the public forum

Scarlett
March 2nd, 2009, 6:37 AM
I think, my dear King, that it was the WAY in which you "voiced your opinion" that was disturbing, not the fact that you have one.
Think about it.
You post on here, screaming in all caps, that you HATE it. You could have tactfully done that in a PM.
I do not think it is Rick that is on the "power trip" and I think that our decision to try to BETTER this place by upgrading to a more secure format should be seen as a positive thing.
Anyone who used to use the KDH site should remember how many times their system crashed, and their site was down for a day or more. We were using the same software that they were using, and with the bandwith we had to THREE times increase already, it was on its way to having those same problems.

Change is hard. I get that. I am not crazy about having to LOOK for the buttons and remember how to do things. This is a work in progress. This quick reply box is great, for those who don't want to use all the other features. But simply clicking the "Go advanced" button will bring you to the smileys and all those fun things. Making a link or attaching a photo is easy, just like in an email. It only took me one time to get my email changed, so I am not sure what you had problems with either.

I am not at all "computer geeky" like my friend, Rick. (Sorry hun, had to say that.) But he has spent a lot of time getting this working so I can have my playground.

SOMETIMES KING, SOMETIMES CHANGE IS GOOD. If your feelings were hurt, I get that. But to scream about it, that is childish and inappropriate. We are all grown ups here. (And soemthing must be wrong with your system, avatars and graphics seem to be working fine for most people. Rick can probably help you out with that problem, just ask!)

King_of_kings
March 2nd, 2009, 6:40 AM
Oh and the comment on working to make this site better.... Ummm wasnt it ME that posted that very thing in the moderator section?? Wasnt I the one asking what we could do to make the site better? And wasnt It I who actually stepped up and made people back down when they started bashing other peoples religions? Sounds to me like that is the work of someone TRYING to make the site better...

King_of_kings
March 2nd, 2009, 6:45 AM
scarlett has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

rick has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
THIS is why I have to put things in the public forum... Dont blame me cause you wont empty your inbox...

Army Sarge
March 2nd, 2009, 6:53 AM
You do realize that with every post you put here, you confirm that the decision to remove you as a moderator was a correct one?

You could have just as easliy sent a one-line message in the public forum that said "Hey y'all, empty your boxes, I am trying to PM with you with something important."

Scarlett
March 2nd, 2009, 6:59 AM
As for my email problem, it isn't like you don't know my email address king!
I am trying to fix it...I deleted every single PM in my box, it says I have zero messages, but it also says I am full....we are working on that glitch.
Sometimes people don't know there is a glitch until it is pointed out!

And thank your sarge, very kind...:cry: I have been having what is probably the largest personal crisis of my life this weekend, and can't really deal with what sounds like more high school drama. (Speaking of HS, I guess I should get to work.)

Rick
March 2nd, 2009, 7:01 AM
The private message issue was my fault. The conversion had it set at 50, some of us had more than 200. I have increased it for all users, so the PM issue should be solved.

I am going to be reducing it since I don't want the database overworked for PM processing. Probably to a max of 100. We'll get the other bugs worked out before I tackle that.

Rick
March 2nd, 2009, 7:04 AM
Scarlett, it should be good now. Was your sent box empty as well? Those count against the number.

MyFoot76541
March 2nd, 2009, 7:05 AM
In your user control panel onthe left side menu under Private Messages, click the "Edit Folders" link.

In there is a link to empty your inbox. That should help.

Rick
March 2nd, 2009, 7:09 AM
I just sent her a PM and it went through.

The reason I wanted to upgrade is that the PHPBB site was shut down several weeks ago for several weeks. They claim it was not their fault, but what happened to the user's information while someone may have had access to the database?

I did not want that to occur here, so I looked into this option. I have used this forum software for several years and have not had an issue. This latest version has a lot more settings and I was not able to catch all the problems.

Geddy Lee
March 2nd, 2009, 8:09 AM
All images are working fine from my view as well.:clap:bouncing:bounce

:2ban<----even this one!!!

Rick
March 2nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
I screwed up Texas Immigrant's account so bad that it showed that she was banned. She didn't cuss me out though.

Dagobert II
March 2nd, 2009, 9:10 PM
ROFLMAO! Computers, does the government actually think it controls ICBMs with these things? http://www.fallout-archives.com/pics/nuclear_blast.jpg

SunDevil
March 3rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Dag, is your avatar what I think it is??

Dagobert II
March 3rd, 2009, 1:13 PM
That would depend upon what you think it is.

Texas Immigrant
March 3rd, 2009, 3:00 PM
Rick: I screwed up Texas Immigrant's account so bad that it showed that she was banned. She didn't cuss me out though.

I thought, what in the world have I done now? I didn't think I was THAT opinionated! :roll: Plus Rick, I wouldn't cuss at you, unless of course maybe you cut me off in traffic!:cool:

I haven't figured out how to quote people in this new version.

Scarlett
March 3rd, 2009, 3:13 PM
I haven't figured out how to quote people in this new version.
Do you not see that little button on the bottom right of the person's quote you are trying to quote?

Texas Immigrant
March 3rd, 2009, 3:22 PM
Do you not see that little button on the bottom right of the person's quote you are trying to quote?

Oh, you mean THAT one?? Sorry, sometimes I'm a little blonde.

Scarlett
March 3rd, 2009, 3:26 PM
I am a lot blonde...read my recent post under the youtube link...haha.

SunDevil
March 3rd, 2009, 8:46 PM
That would depend upon what you think it is.
A guy spreading his butt cheeks apart to expose the chute.

Dagobert II
March 4th, 2009, 11:27 AM
A guy spreading his butt cheeks apart to expose the chute.

Nope, It's not a guy. Its a Shiela-Na-Gig (http://www.goddesscafe.com/yoni/sheila.html), just in time for St. Patrick's day too!

The Shiela-Na-Gig is symbolic of the passage between worlds and thus shares the symbolism of the Mandorla that appears at the Chalice Well of Glastonbury which was known as Avalon by the Pagans who venerated the Sacred Well of the Goddess before the Christians renamed it Chalice Well and used it for basically the same purpose as the Pagans, http://www.paintingdreams.co.uk/images/misc/chalice_well_imbolc.jpg and the Mandorla of Christian and Buddhist iconography. http://www.egyptmyway.com/images/monasteries/stantony_christ_mandela_full580.jpg

This is the symbolism of the Christian teaching of being 'born again' and 'Jesus' being 'the way' in the path between worlds. It is also why Christians have those little plastic fish on their cars. Christianity is using the ancient Pagan symbolism of the Pythagoreans to posit their teachings as 'the way between the worlds'.

For the Pythagoreans this was demonstrated geometrically and mathematically as 'the number of the fish' or Vesica Piscis (http://www.philomuse.com/kingfisher/lab/vp.htm). The number of the fish, as expressed by the Pythagoreans even appears in the following passage of the Bible for those 'with eyes to see'. "Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.
4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus astood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.
5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.
6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.
7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher’s coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.
8 And the other disciples came in a little ship; (for they were not far from land, but as it were two hundred cubits,) dragging the net with fishes.
9 As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.
10 Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught.
11 Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken." John 21: 3-11

Now I don't know that it is particularly relevant to the salvation of your immortal soul that you know that the boat was 200 cubits from the shore and that 153 fish were caught, but those numbers are relevant to an initiate of the Pythagorean mysteries. In the time of Pythagoras, 153 was most significant for being the denominator in the closest fraction known, at the time, to the true value of the square root of 3, the fraction in question being 265/153 (the difference between this and the square root of 3 is merely 0.000025......). The ratio of 153:265 was consequently known throughout the Hellenic world as the measure of the fish. http://www.greatdreams.com/numbers/jerry/net.gif

So there you have the story of my avatar. Aren't you glad you asked?

SunDevil
March 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM
So there you have the story of my avatar. Aren't you glad you asked?

:eek: Seriously, you lost me right after "Nope it's not a guy."

Scarlett
March 4th, 2009, 1:20 PM
SunDevil, I absolutely love it when someone says EXACTLY what I am thinking.

sickofpc
March 4th, 2009, 1:43 PM
:wacko: