PDA

View Full Version : CenTexTalk Lunch: August 22 @ Noon: Mels in Cove

Scarlett
August 4th, 2009, 7:28 PM
Sorry, for those who have not yet joined us...

We try to get together once a month to have lunch and to support a small restaurant! It is fun to get to meet each other and just have some interesting face to face discussions.

EVERYONE is welcome!!!! The more the merrier!
Besides...if you haven't met me yet you haven't lived...HAHA.

THEMEANOGRE
August 5th, 2009, 7:29 AM
Since you're doing this at my request, I will try to be there. Besides, I'd like to meet the authors of some of the finest, thought provoking entertainment on the internet.
The biggest impediment will be the rain. Not usually too much of this time of year, so it should be good.

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 7:42 AM
I made the command decision!

So now let's vote so we can get a count of who will be there. I like to let the place know how many to expect.

THEMEANOGRE
August 5th, 2009, 7:45 AM
Also, be sure to let them know that at least one will be on a midsized mobility scooter. It does make a difference, trust me!

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 7:46 AM
Remind me as it gets closer, or you can call them and let them know you will be part of the crowd that day. Either way, we'll make it happen.

natashayc
August 5th, 2009, 7:57 AM
Darn, that's the weekend I'm supposed to visit my good friends in Houston. I'll try and be at the next one after this :)

CenTexDave
August 5th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Remind me as it gets closer, or you can call them and let them know you will be part of the crowd that day. Either way, we'll make it happen.
They don't have a phone. I posted that previously but one of you two obviously felt it wasn't relevant and deleted it.

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Do we delete messages for being irrelevant?

I guess not. I found the post (http://www.centextalk.com/vb/showpost.php?p=14019&postcount=14) you reference.

CenTexDave
August 5th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Where's the one I posted on this thread yesterday that pointed out their limited hours on Saturday and that they don't have a phone?
Other posts on this thread have "mysteriously" vanished also. I thought this was supposed to be a board to freely exchange ideas and thoughts. Evidently it's only ideas and thoughts that pertain to a couple of people.

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 1:14 PM
Well, this is a new thread, started today. There's another thread that Scarlett started with a poll about which date to have it on. I copied the most pertinent messages from that one to this one, but they are still there. I locked the topic because I only want to discuss the lunch in one place.

There is no message by you in that one and to my knowledge, nothing was deleted. We usually only soft delete things and then discuss them, but nothing shows that. I can look at the admin logs later.

Sorry Dave, but my roof's falling off and Scarlett's eyebrows are black, we have far more to worry about than you giving us TMI about Mel's Diner...:bluerofl

(That's a joke ya'll, just trying to keep it lighthearted)

Scarlett
August 5th, 2009, 1:21 PM
I seriously do not recall a message like that from you here Dave so I am sorry! Was it, or is it, in a review??

CenTexDave
August 5th, 2009, 3:13 PM
I told Scarlett her black eyebrows would go good with green.
I know your roof is your priority right now. Hope it gets fixed/replaced to your satisfaction.

Scarlett
August 5th, 2009, 3:51 PM
And they ain't black anymore. Peroxide helped...haha. They are a shade darker than I would like them to be, but ah well. Things COULD be worse!

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 4:18 PM
I told Scarlett her black eyebrows would go good with green.
I know your roof is your priority right now. Hope it gets fixed/replaced to your satisfaction.
No, not much I can do about it. I wouldn't delete a post of yours because my roof sucks...lol

Now, let's get back to talking about lunch!

Night Owl
August 5th, 2009, 4:50 PM
I wanna talk about your roof, not lunch.:)

CenTexDave
August 5th, 2009, 4:59 PM
Well, we can't eat shingles or drink peroxide so let's talk lunch!

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 5:25 PM
I just looked at the Admin and Moderator logs and nothing has been deleted from this section lately.

Now, why don't they have a phone?

CenTexDave
August 5th, 2009, 5:42 PM
They've never had a phone. Evidently they owned a restaurant before and had lots of phone-ins for take-outs that never showed. So, voila, no phone. No checks. No credit cards. Cash only.

Scarlett
August 5th, 2009, 7:04 PM
Dave, THANK you for letting me know it is cash only. I NEVER carry cash! Good to know before I show up and eat and then try to figure out who to con into paying for my food...hahahahahahaha.....

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 7:13 PM
Especially since it's your turn to buy! :tomato1

Scarlett
August 5th, 2009, 7:14 PM
Touche'

I TRIED to last time damn it.
Yeah, you better duck.

Night Owl
August 5th, 2009, 7:15 PM
Come on Rick, ladies never have to buy.

Scarlett
August 5th, 2009, 7:17 PM
And if he responds with "She ain't no lady," then someone is going to die. And it ain't gonna be ME!

Night Owl
August 5th, 2009, 7:24 PM
I didn't go there!!!!!

CenTexDave
August 5th, 2009, 7:42 PM
:thumbsup

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 7:43 PM
Touche'

I TRIED to last time damn it.
Yeah, you better duck.

Heeheehee!!!!

And if he responds with "She ain't no lady," then someone is going to die. And it ain't gonna be ME!
Now you know I would NEVER say that. :07:

Although, if I did, your double negative would make it a positive, so it would be OK! I think I better duck again!!! :tomato1 :duck:

kryptickancer
August 5th, 2009, 8:16 PM
I'd love to come, but I'm REALLY shy about meeting people. It's easier to talk online because I'm not looking at your faces! Heehee.. I'm trying to muster the courage... I *might* come, but I probably talk myself out of it before I talk myself into it! I still <3 you guys much though!

Scarlett
August 5th, 2009, 8:19 PM
Ahh shucks Kancer...I will come pick you up! Would that help?

Rick
August 5th, 2009, 8:34 PM
I'm the same way KK. Last month, I almost didn't go after Scarlett had a situation to attend to and had to cancel. I am glad I went though. Met some new people who weren't at the last one.

Try it once, it'll be ok.

Or you could show up, sit elsewhere, spy on us and see that we are quite the normal bunch, then join in...LOL

kryptickancer
August 5th, 2009, 8:36 PM
Lol... I live right down the street.. and spying sounds like fun!

THEMEANOGRE
August 5th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Scarlett, the restaurant accepts only cash at the register, but they do operate an ATM.

Grumpy
August 6th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Grumpy will be there if the creek don't raise.

Deb
August 6th, 2009, 4:08 PM
If I lived closer, Scarlett, I'd consider coming. But since I live so darn far away, and I've got commitments on Saturday's, I can't attend.

poundpup
August 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
You guys are hilarious! :bluerofl

Sorry, I don't go all the way to Cove just to meet and eat. :) I just don't go to Cove unless I have to.

:-$

Scarlett
August 7th, 2009, 12:08 AM
People say "all the way to Cove," as if it is actually more than a rocks throw from Killeen!?!? I guess if you grew up where I did, in the middle of NOWHERE, that would be funny to you too!

Rick
August 7th, 2009, 12:48 AM
People say "all the way to Cove," as if it is actually more than a rocks throw from Killeen!?!? I guess if you grew up where I did, in the middle of NOWHERE, that would be funny to you too!
I hear ya.

I have been there a couple of times and didn't think the burgers were all that great, but figure what the hell, it's about the people I can meet....and since Scarlett's buying, I can't pass that up...oops, we already been there. :bluerofl

Stormy gonna be there too..woohoo, sure to be a party. :):-$

THEMEANOGRE
August 7th, 2009, 9:12 AM
Well, I think its a really cool idea. I enjoy seeing what everyone has to say on all the topics that we discuss. It'll be nice to put some faces with names. I would've participated in past get togethers, but for the logistics in getting to them. Having them at other times of the week just don't seem to work for the majority. Plus, I think that they may come to Cove a little more frequently in the near future as DoT seems hell bent to widen US190 through Killeen now that they're done with this end.
Thank you, Rick! :<D

Scarlett
August 7th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Thank you, Rick! :<D

What the hell!?!?! Thank you RICK!!!?!?!

This was MY PLAN.
MINE
Not RICKS!

The man always gets the damn credit....I give up.....:crying

Rick
August 7th, 2009, 4:40 PM
Of course I get the damn credit!

I won't take the blame if things go wrong, though. After all, it was Scarlett's idea!

Deb
August 7th, 2009, 5:10 PM
Of course I get the damn credit!

I won't take the blame if things go wrong, though. After all, it was Scarlett's idea!

Pull out the hip waders Scarlett, it's getting pretty darn deep around here!

Rick
August 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Just a reminder, this is this Saturday. My wife says she is coming!!!! :)

Scarlett
August 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Crap, I forgot...haha.
OK...NOON, MEL'S, in Cove...
Got it.
May or may not have 2 of my kids with me.

Rick
August 17th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I will try to make it there later in the week to give them a heads up on the number.

gnatsum
August 19th, 2009, 7:46 PM
I answered the poll as "probably", read all of the posts, then realized that I'm going to be out of the area on Saturday!:-0
Dad gummit...:doh
Now you people will have to wait EVEN LONGER to find out what I look like!:-B

Texas Immigrant
August 19th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I'm looking forward to going. I'm dragging my husband along. We will be on our way down to Austin to celebrate our 12th Anniversary.

Scarlett
August 20th, 2009, 7:58 AM
Somebody tell me where Mel's is!

Night Owl
August 20th, 2009, 8:03 AM
Copperas Cove!!!!:)

Rick
August 20th, 2009, 8:30 AM
Somebody tell me where Mel's is!
From Killeen, stay in the right lane and at McDonalds, the road splits to the right. Then turn left at Ace Hardware and you can't miss it.

Night Owl
August 20th, 2009, 8:58 AM
But Rick if you stay in the right hand lane from Killeen you will be on Ft Hood before you EVER get to CC. :)

Rick
August 20th, 2009, 9:14 AM
Shut up!!! ;) :))

Night Owl
August 20th, 2009, 9:14 AM
You have to remember your audience when giving directions!!!!:)

Rick
August 20th, 2009, 9:18 AM
I did, since I know where she is most likely to be coming from...duh!!!

Only a certain few would confuse Fort Hood for Cove. Don't make me put you on that list.

Night Owl
August 20th, 2009, 9:27 AM
Gee, I've never been on that list, it might be fun!!!

Rick
August 20th, 2009, 1:01 PM
You spelled Obama wrong in your signature.

Scarlett
August 20th, 2009, 1:11 PM
Rick, I am going to have to ask you to please stay on topic, or an infraction warning will be issued to you.

Night Owl, we gave up on you long ago....but hope you make it to lunch tomorrow.

Texas Immigrant
August 20th, 2009, 1:17 PM
tomorrow?????

Scarlett
August 20th, 2009, 1:31 PM
Ummm..I meant SATURDAY! That was a test...haha. You pass!!!!::)

Night Owl
August 20th, 2009, 1:36 PM
You spelled Obama wrong in your signature.

Nope I didn't. I spelled it just like it should be... O BAM MA!!!

Night Owl
August 20th, 2009, 1:37 PM
Night Owl, we gave up on you long ago....but hope you make it to lunch tomorrow.

Thats ok, so has my wife.:):)

Rick
August 20th, 2009, 3:34 PM
Rick, I am going to have to ask you to please stay on topic, or an infraction warning will be issued to you.

Damn, I thought you of all people would have been proud of me. But I guess that's what I get for stepping on your teacher turf!!! :crying

BillK
August 21st, 2009, 3:10 PM
I was hoping to meet you all at Mel's but - my 31st anniversary is this weekend and my wife and I are headed out for the weekend.

Have fun...

Bill

CenTexDave
August 21st, 2009, 6:19 PM
Don't worry. Scarlett will eat enough for you and your wife and her combined!:)

Scarlett
August 21st, 2009, 7:07 PM
Yeah, cause I am just such a fat cow! Whatever...

Texas Immigrant
August 21st, 2009, 9:34 PM
I'm looking forward to going. It's going to be the kick-off for our anniversary weekend celebration. I know, sounds pretty pathetic!!! But I'm excited!!

Scarlett
August 21st, 2009, 9:43 PM
I am glad we can help you kick it off!

The Torii Fox
August 21st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Can't make it this time, sorry. Previous engagement. Y'all enjoy.

poundpup
August 21st, 2009, 10:39 PM
....and since Scarlett's buying, I can't pass that up...oops, we already been there. :bluerofl

Oh, Scarlett's buying?? I may show up, then. Thanks, Scarlett!!

Scarlett
August 21st, 2009, 10:45 PM
There must be another scarlett...cause this one is broke!

poundpup
August 21st, 2009, 10:49 PM
But.... but.... Rick said .... ??? Well, if you're not paying then I can't show, 'cause I'm broke, too.
:bluerofl

There must be another scarlett...cause this one is broke!

Rick
August 22nd, 2009, 3:34 AM
I went in and gave them a head's up that we would be coming. Told them approximately 15. He told me the band will be there and maybe 50 bikers who like to listen to the band, have lunch, then go for a ride.

If I understood correctly, one of the band members/bikers is a pastor from a local church.

Sounds like it will be a good time. Looking forward to it. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

CenTexDave
August 22nd, 2009, 8:42 AM
Kirby Lack?

CenTexDave
August 22nd, 2009, 9:59 AM
A little warning - parking will be at a premium. Go early.

Scarlett
August 22nd, 2009, 1:06 PM
A little warning - parking will be at a premium. Go early.

We are here now. Good food. Good music. Good friends.

Rick
August 22nd, 2009, 2:32 PM
That was the best one yet!

Thanks everyone for coming out. It was so great to FINALLY meet JoAnn, Meanogre and Texas Immigrant for the first time and good to see the "regulars" again.

That was a lot of fun!

I told Mel that we would be back.

poundpup
August 22nd, 2009, 3:42 PM
Sorry I missed it. I did not get done at the hairdresser until 12:30 p.m. ... over three hours!! But that is a story for the other forum... :)

THEMEANOGRE
August 22nd, 2009, 7:35 PM
It was great to finally meet folks, today. I'm looking forward to next month. I hope to see a bunch of y'all at the MS Walk at Carl Levin Park in HH on Saturday the 19th of September from 9AM - Noon.

Scarlett
August 22nd, 2009, 8:01 PM
Next month will be Saturday, September 26, noon, at Cheddars! I will post that in a more obvious location soon!

Actually, 11 is probably better for Cheddars. Any thought?

stormy
August 22nd, 2009, 8:47 PM
Great lunch today! Got to meet some new people and the food and music were great! Although I didn't get a chance to talk to Meanogre! Can't wait til next time! Next time Scarlett can take my son home lol! JoAnn is one classy councilwoman!! :)

JoAnn Purser
August 22nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
I had a great time today at lunch. It was great putting faces to the friends that I have made during the last 5 months. I think the most fun is seeing someone and sensing you've known them a long time. Thanks for the fellowship. Hope to see ya'll next month.

JoAnn

Texas Immigrant
August 23rd, 2009, 2:38 PM
I had a great time! I agree with Ms. Purser, it was fun putting faces to the names. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had a great time in Austin. Wicked was WICKED!!!

kryptickancer
August 23rd, 2009, 2:43 PM
Sorry I missed. We found out my hub was goig TDY for 5 weeks, so I spent the day with him. He left today :crying

circle_c
August 23rd, 2009, 5:37 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great time at Mel's, But my priorities were in Salado For tea.

THEMEANOGRE
August 24th, 2009, 6:45 AM
We understand. I suggested that someone should bring him from Salado to Mel's. There were several convos, but that certainly would've lent focus.

cityboy
August 24th, 2009, 9:29 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great time at Mel's, But my priorities were in Salado For tea.

How did that go, anyway? They mentioned it on the local TV news, but didn't cover the event ...

Rick
August 24th, 2009, 9:46 PM
I'm sure we had more fun!

cityboy
August 24th, 2009, 9:53 PM
I'm gonna try and come next time, if nobody tries to kick my butt ... :-B

Rick
August 24th, 2009, 9:57 PM
No guarantees! :smackdown :bringit :bringit

cityboy
August 24th, 2009, 9:59 PM
That's what I'm afraid of ... I may get a little out of hand on here sometimes ... :-B

Rick
August 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Naw. There's nothing to worry about.

Night Owl
August 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
You're a pussy cat and I bet I can whoop your butt!!!!:):):)

Scarlett
August 25th, 2009, 6:46 AM
I'm gonna try and come next time, if nobody tries to kick my butt ... :-B

I gotcha back...everyone is terrified of pissing me off...LOL. :thumbsup

cityboy
August 25th, 2009, 11:21 AM
You're a pussy cat and I bet I can whoop your butt!!!!:):):)

Anybody can whoop my butt ... :-B

Night Owl
August 25th, 2009, 2:00 PM
I gotcha back...everyone is terrified of pissing me off...LOL. :thumbsup

Except for Dave and one other!!!:):)

cityboy
August 25th, 2009, 2:04 PM
Me and ol' Dave get along just fine. I'm not sure about "one other" ...

THEMEANOGRE
August 25th, 2009, 2:05 PM
Scarlett, I am not. But personally, I find the world works best if people aren't PO'd.

Night Owl
August 25th, 2009, 2:08 PM
If she was only a red head I would push her buttons alot more often!!!:):)

circle_c
August 25th, 2009, 3:01 PM
Watch out N Owl she might be by this weekend, something to do with woman's rights. I couldn't spell prerogative, Hell maybe I got it right. it's the spells you have to watchouti for

cityboy
August 25th, 2009, 3:58 PM
Hey, yeah, Scarlett, how about a nice red tint to that awesome blonde 'do???

Night Owl
August 25th, 2009, 4:23 PM
It would do alot for her!!!!

Scarlett
August 25th, 2009, 8:01 PM
SURPRISE BOYS....I am no longer blonde...I dyed my hair Sunday...and NOBODY recognized me at work! It has been like being hidden in plain sight the past two days..haha.

Night Owl
August 25th, 2009, 9:39 PM
SURPRISE BOYS....I am no longer blonde...I dyed my hair Sunday...and NOBODY recognized me at work! It has been like being hidden in plain sight the past two days..haha.

RED, we can call you RED!!!!:)

THEMEANOGRE
August 25th, 2009, 9:56 PM
So, now the sobriquet Scarlett is now valid?