PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick Reinstated

CenTexDave
July 27th, 2009, 7:02 PM
The NFL Commish reinstated Michael Vick today.
If you were a head coach, or an owner of an NFL team, would you want him?
Who do you think he will end up playing for?

christine
July 28th, 2009, 8:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he plays for the Dallas Cowboys.
The Cowboys will take anyone with a record LOL. Instead of trading cards they just hand out the players mug shot...it lists their record & their playing stats.

CenTexDave
July 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
:))
Seriously now. Cowboys don't need him.
I've been thinking about this. I could see the Minnesota Vikings taking a chance on him if Favre doesn't come out of retirement and sign with them. The only thing they seem to be lacking is a real good QB. Possibly the Jaquars (Jacksonville) or Charlotte. They've also had QB problems due to injuries all the time.

Night Owl
July 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
He has done his time and paid his debt to society. If a team wants to hire him, including the Cowboys, they have to take the baggage that comes with him. He will need at least a year to get back into football shape so he will not be the savior everyone thinks he will be. I think the Jaq's could use him, maybe Tampa Bay, SF needs help and so does Oakland.

CenTexDave
July 28th, 2009, 1:53 PM
I don't Oakland is yet ready to give up on DeMarcus Russell, their #1 pick a couple of years ago. San Francisco's #1 pick, that QB, has proven to pretty much be a bust. I imagine Mike Singletary would keep Vick in check pretty well.

getserious
July 29th, 2009, 3:45 PM
I think he needs to get an 8 dollar an hour job and give someone a little less criminal a chance to play.

my3dogs
July 30th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't hire him. I wouldn't want PETA on my booty.
Honestly, I don't care if he did his time or not. If I was hiring a landscaper and I checked someone's record, if they had just gotten out of prison for committing murder or rape I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be hiring them.

Night Owl
July 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM
He didn't rape or kill anyone. He paid his debt. What do you want a leg?

my3dogs
July 30th, 2009, 11:10 PM
He may not have harmed a human being, but he hurt living, breathing creatures. Those animals did not deserve that.
When an animal mauls a human being the animal is killed. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't, of course that animal should be killed. But I don't understand how people can say what he did was not that bad and he didn't deserve what he got. It was horrendous. He got what he deserved.
No, Night Owl, I don't want a leg. But I don't think he should get hired to make the millions he was making before when he used his fame and money to torture helpless animals.

Night Owl
July 30th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I never said what he did to those pups was not a horrible thing to do. BUT society punished him and he did his time. Now it time to let him get on with his life.

my3dogs
July 31st, 2009, 6:47 AM
Oh, he can move on with his life. If someone wants to hire him on their football team, who am I to try to fight it? That doesn't mean I have to like it, or support it.
The man is a sorry excuse for a human being. If the NFL wants to re-instate him, fine...whatever. If some team wants to actually hire him....whatever. I can't do anything to stop it. That doesn't change the way I feel about him and that doesn't mean that I have to keep my mouth shut about how I feel about him either.

Night Owl
July 31st, 2009, 7:48 AM
:thumbsup:thumbsup To each their own.

CenTexDave
August 1st, 2009, 9:03 PM
Bill Belichick of New England appears to be interested in Vick, but an interesting development today - Minnesota's starting QB from last season, Tavaris Jackson, suffered an MCL sprain today.

cityboy
August 18th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Well, Vick is with the Eagles, and I am glad to see it. Anyone see the 60 Minutes "interview" with Vick? People making him out to be some kind of demon is ridiculous. As is the fact that he spent 23 months in prison. The football player who hit and killed a human being while driving drunk got one month in prison, although he did get suspended from the NFL for a year.

christine
August 18th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I agree Cityboy. it is a shame that with that case shows a jury values an animals rights over a humans life. I love animals very much but I think kill a human is worse.
As for Vick, he's served his time & there are more cons in the NFL now a days...so why are people only picking him out? Just sad.

CenTexDave
August 18th, 2009, 3:11 PM
Brett Favre just came out of retirement (again) and signed with the Vikings.
Things ought to be very interesting when Minnesota travels to play Green Bay this year.

circle_c
August 18th, 2009, 3:21 PM
I seen that today, Farve playing for Minnesota. My hunch is he should have stayed retired.

CenTexDave
August 18th, 2009, 5:05 PM
I think most fans are getting tired of his act.
Michael Jordan did the same thing and people tired of him. By the end of his career he actually wasn't that good. Boxers (Ali, Foreman, etc) - same thing. By the time they finally do retire for good they are injured for life.
Brett Favre should have remained retired.

Iteachtoo
August 18th, 2009, 5:08 PM
My question is, why do they allow these particular convicts to play again in football but have banned Pete Rose for life from anything having to do with baseball? I know what he did was wrong, but doesn't he deserve a life after his crime too? At least he did not physically harm an animal or another human being.

CenTexDave
August 18th, 2009, 5:35 PM
The player killed a pedestrian, Donte Stallworth, is suspended by the NFL for the entire year.

poundpup
August 18th, 2009, 6:00 PM
I just spoke to a friend in Philly. She said that Eagles tickets are freely available on EBay. According to her, the TV and radio stations in Philly are abuzz with comments about "their" Eagles making this decision. People in Philly are quite unhappy, she says.

CenTexDave
August 18th, 2009, 6:10 PM
I'll bet by week 6 they are very happy.

cityboy
August 19th, 2009, 7:22 AM
That's what I said, brother Dave. Apparently, the NFL commissioner has more common sense than the criminal justice system and a lot of "animal lovers" ...

TheOldProgrammer
August 19th, 2009, 7:34 AM
I'll bet by week 6 they are very happy.

That should be about the time that McNabb has his 'annual meltdown' and is benched for a couple of games... :smoke

cityboy
August 21st, 2009, 11:27 AM
Vick will be the starter and McNabb gone come next season ...

CenTexDave
August 21st, 2009, 11:50 AM
McNabb looked pretty good last night, but he's getting old and will, undoubtedly, get injured. At least they'll have a good QB to come in.

cnjbond
August 21st, 2009, 3:09 PM
I don't know about Vick starting over McNabb but I agree with the assessment that the fans will quickly forget Vicks past if he scores a few TDs or run a couple of plays that electrify the stadium and produce wins!

I couldn't stand TO, especially after the "STAR" incident but as soon as he put on a cowboy uniform and started producing...well, it was just a "star", he was having fun.

Pete Rose will eventually be allowed back into baseball, he hurt himself by not admitting his guilt from the beginning...he went many, many, many years claiming his innocence but I also think he's been punished enough and it's time to move past it....we'll see.

Night Owl
August 21st, 2009, 3:18 PM
I think there is too much put into the Hall of Fame for every sport. The only ones there should be the really great players. Just because a player had an above average career does not mean he should be in the hall.

killeenlifer
August 21st, 2009, 4:42 PM
I'll bet by week 6 they are very happy.Is that when they will "RELEASE THE HOUNDS!"

CenTexDave
August 21st, 2009, 5:11 PM
Is that when they will "RELEASE THE HOUNDS!"

:)):)):)):)):))

CenTexDave
August 21st, 2009, 5:13 PM
I think there is too much put into the Hall of Fame for every sport. The only ones there should be the really great players. Just because a player had an above average career does not mean he should be in the hall.

I agree with you there, Owl. Look at Bob Hayes. He changed the game of football in the mid-60's, yet he was only inducted this year because he got into a drug problem.
I was reading where Jim Rice, former BOSOX outfielder, and one of this year's electees to baseball's HofF, spoke at the opening ceremonies of the Little League World Series. He said today's players set bad examples for kids with steroids, etc. He's right on the money.

cityboy
August 22nd, 2009, 8:52 AM

Very true. People in the Hall of Fame should be legendary, not just above average or excellent. They should have to accomplish something historical, not just have big numbers. It de-values the whole thing ... it's probably all about money, somehow, like everything else ...

CenTexDave
August 22nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
IMO baseball is the only sport where they don't "have" to elect anyone to the HoF each year. I think many great players have not been elected to MLB's HoF. Pete Rose? He should still be sitting in a jail cell somewhere (along with Teddy Kennedy).
Bob Hayes should have been elected to NFL's HoF years ago. A little run-in with the law over pushing drugs didn't stop them from electing Lawrence Taylor when he first became eligible.