PDA

View Full Version : My funny dog

FieryPrincess
July 12th, 2009, 7:30 AM
Our house is practically empty and we sleep on air matresses as we leave town.

Last night we finally moved all the air matresses to the master bedroom so we can close down the rest of the rooms.

Our kids were on their air matresses and the dogs were let in to go to bed. The cats were in and out. My husband was watching TV and I was working on the computer. Our older lab-mixc and alpha dog came out and sat staring at us with the prettiest sit and the sweetest gaze. We told her she could go to bed but she just sat there with this sweet look going from me to my husband.

We figured out what she was saying. She was telling us:
"You need to go to be too because there is NO WAY I am going in there to babysit everyone by myself!" MY husband went off to bed and she laid down."

She is the greatest dog!

Another dog story about our younger dog who has so bonded with my daugher who broke something in her elbow: She whimpered quietly just once this morning and that dog came out of a dead sleep on to his feet and went over to check on her. (I happened to be awake and facing that way at the time).

I feel so lucky to have such wonderful canine members of the family. The cats are pretty interesting too. The dogs have trained them to be more dog-like than cat-like.

christine
July 13th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I discovered that my dog does a lassie impersonation!

I knew she favored me mostly…shes a girls dog :-)). But when I had my wisdom teeth removed I discovered she was my own little lassie. She only does it with me…but any time I call out for someone she runs off to where they are in the house and starts barking at them. She will continue to do this along with going back and forth between where I am to where they are until finally they come or I tell her to stop.