PDA

View Full Version : The Good of The Land Festival 2019

Grasshopperglock
October 6th, 2019, 2:13 PM
It's going to be in Temple. October 26.

http://www.thegoodoftheland.com/fest

sojourner truth
October 6th, 2019, 7:37 PM
If anyone is interested, my church is doing a "Night of Worship" music show on the 27th of Oct. at Lifeway fellowship at Our church on The corner of SSL and Elms rd. Right by Billy Bobs burger joint. (4001 E. Elms Rd.)It is free to the public, and the downside is that you have to listen to me play the guitar, but the upside is that we have a great couple that sings and the tunes are definitely uplifting. It is scheduled for 6 PM on the 27th....

Ludwig
October 6th, 2019, 8:18 PM
If anyone is interested, my church is doing a "Night of Worship" music show on the 27th of Oct. at Lifeway fellowship at Our church on The corner of SSL and Elms rd. Right by Billy Bobs burger joint. (4001 E. Elms Rd.)It is free to the public, and the downside is that you have to listen to me play the guitar, but the upside is that we have a great couple that sings and the tunes are definitely uplifting. It is scheduled for 6 PM on the 27th.... I worship to please God, not to entertain myself or for me to be uplifted. But then, that's just how I roll. I hope you have a great time.

mac
October 6th, 2019, 11:14 PM
I worship to please God, not to entertain myself or for me to be uplifted. But then, that's just how I roll. I hope you have a great time.

Yes, but fellowship is different.......

txswimmer
October 7th, 2019, 9:30 AM
One of the most uplifting and "fun" events I ever attended was a Sunday gospel brunch at Stubbs' in Austin. Who knows what good it did for some atheist sitting in the audience who may take a second look at their beliefs? Whether fellowship or worship, any time the church community gets together for good is good by me. I attend a high mass from time to time in the Episcopal Church. Means a lot to me, but not to everyone. Who cares how the Word gets out?

sojourner truth
October 7th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Well, we call our group a praise team. It is most about praise than trying to uplift any one person.

The category of music we concentrate on is referred to as elevation worship. Not that the lord needs any more elevation than he already has, but I like to think of it as a way of telling him thank you.

txswimmer
October 7th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Every morning I thank God for the day ahead, and ask for His will to be done. Each night, I thank Him for the day, and review how I could have done better. I find it easier to live with an attitude of thankfulness for what I have. I have had it much worse, and there are many now who have it much worse than I. I learned a long time ago that you can be happy, rich or poor. I have seen many a grumpy rich person, and many a joyful poor person. Abraham Lincoln said a man is going to be as happy as he makes up his mind to be. I am pretty damn happy. Yes, bad doo doo comes, and I can handle it. No one promise that every day would be Six Flags.

sojourner truth
October 7th, 2019, 2:04 PM
Every morning I thank God for the day ahead, and ask for His will to be done. Each night, I thank Him for the day, and review how I could have done better. I find it easier to live with an attitude of thankfulness for what I have. I have had it much worse, and there are many now who have it much worse than I. I learned a long time ago that you can be happy, rich or poor. I have seen many a grumpy rich person, and many a joyful poor person. Abraham Lincoln said a man is going to be as happy as he makes up his mind to be. I am pretty damn happy. Yes, bad doo doo comes, and I can handle it. No one promise that every day would be Six Flags.

Our pastor did a great sermon on Sunday about Paul telling people to learn to be content with whatever situation they found themselves in.

When I get up in the morning, I always say "Thank you lord.... now, what can I do for you today".

Grasshopperglock
October 7th, 2019, 3:15 PM
Speaking of the Lord and craftsmanship.

I need to weld up a cross for the bedroom. I have some small stainless square stock. I got it from a rotisserie kit that had been thrown away.

Rick
October 7th, 2019, 3:43 PM
Horseshoes work nicely.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191007/7f58ee114baaf67298a96889e03818ee.jpg

Grasshopperglock
October 7th, 2019, 5:06 PM
Horseshoes work nicely.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191007/7f58ee114baaf67298a96889e03818ee.jpg

Man....if I could get my hands on that. It'd be reinvented. I'm not knocking it, Mr Rick.

Horseshoe art needs to be exemplary. Think a twist in each shoe. With extra parts of cut shoes adding to depth.

There's six shoes. It needs to be seven. Seven complete shoes. Accents using cut shoes don't count.

That thing needs the Lord's number of 7.

Again, I'm not knocking it. I see more potential in it.

Rick
October 7th, 2019, 5:33 PM
My wife likes it, so I don't care after that.

sojourner truth
October 27th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Just a reminder, that if anyone is interested we are doing a "Night of Worship" event at Lifeway fellowship church tonight at 6PM. A good list of tunes meant to lift up the lord and hearts. Please come if you wish to. By Billy Bobs Burgers. (Our pastor laughs and says we are the church by Billy Bobs... people will remember that).

Hope to see some of you. If you are not members or regular attenders pleas come up and say hi after we get through playing. I'd like to meet some of the people behind the posts.