PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Week 6 Games

stevendub
September 30th, 2019, 4:27 PM
OFF: Waco Midway (3-2, 3-0)

Thursday game (10-3):

Harker Heights (1-4, 1-2) (V) vs. Ellison (2-3, 2-1)

Friday games (10-4):

Temple (3-1, 2-0) @ Belton (2-3, 2-1)

Copperas Cove (1-4, 0-3) @ Waco (0-4, 0-2)

Shoemaker (2-2, 1-1) @ Killeen (1-4, 1-2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Night Owl
September 30th, 2019, 5:29 PM
Ellison
Temple
Cove
Shoemaker

CenTexDave
September 30th, 2019, 6:22 PM
Ditto

Gramps
September 30th, 2019, 6:57 PM
At this point, nothing in this district would surprise me, but I'll go with
Ellison
Temple
Cove
Shoemaker

stevendub
October 3rd, 2019, 3:46 AM
Calpreps predictions:

Ellison 21 Heights 14
Temple 35 Belton 21
Copperas Cove 35 Waco 17
Shoemaker 41 Killeen 20

sojourner truth
October 3rd, 2019, 9:29 AM
Sure hope they are right. We are going to the Ellison game tonight, and I always hate leaving at half time due to an Eagles shellacking.

sojourner truth
October 4th, 2019, 3:01 PM
Last nights game between Ellison and the knights was interesting. The Eagles defense was not firing on all the cylinders.

From what I observed, what they have a problem is tackling a runner. Instead of wrapping them up, they bump them with a shoulder and think they are supposed to fall down. Guess what guys, it doesn't work that way. They simply did not put their arms around a running back and hold on to them. That and mistakes. A lot of not needed penalties. The dumbest one (and they did this twice) was a sideline individual bumping into a ref.

When we left the Eagles were ahead by a TD and by the time we got home we learned that they had to go into overtime and win with a field goal. Don't know why they had to go to that, but it had to be due to defensive inability, and from what I saw, there was plenty of that.

And I thought they had the D under control. That, and the QB (Spiller) holds on to the ball too long and loves to call his own number a lot.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2019, 3:47 PM
Like I said, this district is a f'ing joke.

fchafey
October 4th, 2019, 7:11 PM
Last nights game between Ellison and the knights was interesting. The Eagles defense was not firing on all the cylinders.

From what I observed, what they have a problem is tackling a runner. Instead of wrapping them up, they bump them with a shoulder and think they are supposed to fall down. Guess what guys, it doesn't work that way. They simply did not put their arms around a running back and hold on to them. That and mistakes. A lot of not needed penalties. The dumbest one (and they did this twice) was a sideline individual bumping into a ref.

When we left the Eagles were ahead by a TD and by the time we got home we learned that they had to go into overtime and win with a field goal. Don't know why they had to go to that, but it had to be due to defensive inability, and from what I saw, there was plenty of that.

And I thought they had the D under control. That, and the QB (Spiller) holds on to the ball too long and loves to call his own number a lot.

Heights won 24-21 in OT....

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2019, 7:41 PM
Dawgs-7, Whack-0. 9 to go 1st qtr

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2019, 8:02 PM
Cove-14, Waco - 0, end 1st

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2019, 8:15 PM
Dawgs-27, Waco-0. Waco must be pathetic

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2019, 9:33 PM
41-10, 3rd qtr

sojourner truth
October 5th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Ellison did lose, and Channel 10 news was wrong on Thursday night.....

stevendub
October 5th, 2019, 8:40 PM

They’re gonna have a long night against Shoemaker next Friday if they tackle like that.

CenTexDave
October 6th, 2019, 2:02 AM
Spiller needs to be reigned in by his coach. He's a shadow of his old man at QB.

sojourner truth
October 6th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Well, Spiller has got some talent, but he has a tendency to make up his mind about halfway through the hike count if he is going to try it alone or actually throw the ball. Then, if a receiver is not open in a fraction of a second, he tends to haul ass with the ball. And, the opponents see this and plan for it accordingly.

But Ellisons defensive coach needs to get the importance of actually tackling a running back instead of just bumping into them and expecting them to fall on the ground. I watched as number of college games yesterday and saw this same trend. I think it may come from a fear of a tackle being called for hands to the face or an inadvertent facemask call. Not sure, but whatever the reason, the opponents get a large amount of real estate due to this cautionary move. Probably more than if the defense were actually called for a facemask penalty. Which does not happen all that often.

But armchair coaching is easy, and I am sure that the coaches have thought all of this stuff through and have plans on improving the conditions.