stevendub
September 2nd, 2019, 9:01 PM
Thursday games (9-5):

#15 Vandegrift (1-0) @ Ellison (0-1)

Killeen (0-1) @ Vista Ridge (1-0)

Friday games (9-6):

Round Rock (1-0) @ Belton (0-1)

Manor (0-1) @ Copperas Cove (0-1)

Round Rock Stony Point (1-0) @ Harker Heights (0-1)

Mansfield Lake Ridge (1-0) @ Midway (0-1)

Shoemaker (1-0) @ Midlothian (1-0)

Nuevo León @ Temple (0-1)

Georgetown (1-0) @ Waco (0-1)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CenTexDave
September 2nd, 2019, 10:43 PM
More kisses for the locals.

Night Owl
September 2nd, 2019, 11:49 PM
Temple wins. All other locals lose.

CenTexDave
September 3rd, 2019, 8:20 AM
Temple wins. All other locals lose.

You're probably correct. Midway should win, but they aren't local. Shoemaker might surprise. Don't know anything about Midlothian.

stevendub
September 5th, 2019, 4:19 PM
Don’t know if Shoemaker wins this week, Midlothian runs the flexbone offense, pretty unorthodox and they’re a physical team. Beat the Wolves pretty good last year, however Shoemaker seems to be improved, maybe much improved this year. Coach Foreman did say they’ll speed up the tempo this week

stevendub
September 5th, 2019, 4:24 PM
I got Killeen, Vandegrift (still think Ellison will be fine come district play), Round Rock, Cove, Stony Point, Midway, Midlothian, Temple, and Georgetown winning

sojourner truth
September 5th, 2019, 4:37 PM
Going to see the Ellison game in a few hours. If nothing else, the Frito pie and Chick filet sandwiches make it worth the trip.

stevendub
September 5th, 2019, 8:23 PM
Ellison only down 7-0 at the start of the 2nd half.

Killeen however down 24-9 to Vista Ridge at halftime

stevendub
September 5th, 2019, 10:50 PM
#15 Vandegrift 14 Ellison 0 F

Vista Ridge 51 Killeen 29 F

CenTexDave
September 6th, 2019, 6:15 AM
As usual, this district looks like a perennial doormat for the state.

sojourner truth
September 6th, 2019, 10:11 AM
As usual, this district looks like a perennial doormat for the state.

Yep... Vandergrift had an excellent offense and defense. Prior to the game, Ellisons coach said that this years big improvements would be a more aggressive and improved offense. What I did see was a little less quarterback keepers and a lot of the old Buddy McBride "Hey diddle diddle, run up the middle" going on. They have a fairly decent defense this year. A few judgement errors on punt returns and such, but generally, they looked pretty good compared to the team they were playing against.

Having to start your first 2 games against number 5 and 16th ranked teams doesn't help either.

xzochye
September 6th, 2019, 7:36 PM
I went to the EHS game last night to see a friend's daughter dance for Van. Thought the game was pretty boring :)). Surprised Vande didn't score more.

sojourner truth
September 6th, 2019, 7:48 PM
Reminded me of the woman sitting in front of us. She must have had someone in the band she was related to because she never watched the game a lick and was constantly looking to the north into the student section and near where the band is located. But that is at every game. After the halftime show, seats empty out because the band parents go home.

And the students waste money (or their parents do anyhow) on tickets as they never watch the game but are too busy BSing with each other or are on their devices getting socially connected. Not as bad as the lady behind us though that was hollering every play that "It's a pass" or "Stop him, stop him!"... Like the team can, a. hear her and b, can't see what is happening better on the field than she can.

CenTexDave
September 6th, 2019, 8:18 PM
Scores as available please:. Cove-7, Manor-6

CenTexDave
September 7th, 2019, 6:49 AM
Another bad night for our district. Cove won a close one, Temple managed to hold off that Mexican team although it was close at one point, and even Midway lost. :))

Night Owl
September 7th, 2019, 11:12 AM
I missed the Cove game but got the rest correct.