PDA

View Full Version : WACO ISD Supt Position Soon Open

CenTexDave
March 8th, 2019, 4:18 PM
https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Waco-school-superintendent-charged-with-marijuana-possession-506850261.html :))

fchafey
March 8th, 2019, 5:15 PM
Less than 2 ounces is a lot of weed. In Colorado one can only have 1 ounce per person max on your person or in your vehicle. Or so I have heard. Anyway, taking weed into Texas is suicide…..what a dumbA$$. He doesn't deserve to keep his job...

Night Owl
March 9th, 2019, 12:47 AM
Maybe he was using it for weight loss.:)

sojourner truth
March 9th, 2019, 4:33 PM
Maybe he was using it for weight loss.:)

Not much experience with pot old buddy? Shoot... after a couple of hooters I could down a gallon of milk and 2 bags of Oreos no problem... That was how my mom figured out I was smoking the stuff. And she hid the cookies too.:))

Night Owl
March 9th, 2019, 4:35 PM
Not much experience with pot old buddy? Shoot... after a couple of hooters I could down a gallon of milk and 2 bags of Oreos no problem... That was how my mom figured out I was smoking the stuff. And she hid the cookies too.:))
No experience with pot except what I smelled during CQ and Staff duty.

gnatsum
March 9th, 2019, 6:37 PM
IF he had stayed in McLennan County, he might not have been arrested...just sayin'.

fchafey
March 10th, 2019, 12:34 PM
I don't know the county differences, but can assume one is much stricter than the others. He was puled over by the DPS for continuous driving in the left lane without passing. I only remember left lane for passing only in Virginia, other than here. Over the years I have attended quite a few safety symposiums etc and really haven't heard much about how often this is enforced or infraction stats. To me drinking and driving opens one up to all of the little things that can get you pulled over. No license plate light, tail light out, hanging plate, etc. Driving in the left lane is another reason to avail yourself to a traffic stop. One can drink and drive, it is allowed, its what come when you are pulled over that can jam you up. If I was travelling the road with an ounce or two, It wouldn't be around 10 at night, I wouldn't be in the left lane etc etc....lastly weed is so much more pungent than it was in the 70's, it would also have to be in a double zip lock set up, middle of a peanut butter jar inside a sealed cooler under water type set up. The risk is just too great. Not worth it. I guess I am also giving the guy credit he didn't by weed from a local dealer, say one of his students....:)

sojourner truth
March 10th, 2019, 1:32 PM
No experience with pot except what I smelled during CQ and Staff duty.

You didn't miss anything... Hated the stuff myself but was dumb enough to simply go along with others who were seeking a higher plane of enlightenment... My ass.

sojourner truth
March 11th, 2019, 8:06 PM
Well, now I see old Waco Slim ( couldn't help myself) is getting supported by local pastors.

Seems forgiveness is popular when it involves minorities acting badly. I am convinced more than ever of an emerging ridiculous double standard of accountability emerging in this nation. I would say country, but a country has borders.

fchafey
March 12th, 2019, 9:04 AM
As well as continuing to refer to Slim as Dr.....before that he was fat dumb and happy Superintendent….could resist either.....:)

fchafey
March 12th, 2019, 11:55 AM
I also have to think if this was just an ordinary teacher, not only wouldn't it be news but I bet they are quietly fired and move away.....Teachers only make the news if they are banging their students....

txswimmer
March 12th, 2019, 12:00 PM
I he was Super in Laredo - no wonder he smokes pot. He was one of two black people in that town, and the pressure had to be enormous. :) Plus, weed is usually ignored in Laredo, unless you have several hundred pounds.

CenTexDave
March 15th, 2019, 6:06 PM
From KWTX website:
"ROBERTSON COUNTY, Tex. (KBTX)- Waco ISD Superintendent A. Marcus Nelson has entered a plea agreement that could have his misdemeanor marijuana charge dismissed if he completes a 90-day diversion program.
"That's a common option we offer to offenders who have cooperated and have no criminal history," said District Attorney Coty Siegert. "If he goes 90 days without any problems, his charge will be dismissed."
Nelson was also ordered to pay a $500 fine as part of the deal. The agreement was signed Friday morning, said Siegert.
Nelson was arrested by a DPS trooper earlier this month in Robertson County following a traffic stop on U.S. 190 south of Hearne.
Troopers say Nelson was driving his 2007 GMC Yukon in the left lane of the highway and not passing other vehicles.
"During the stop, the trooper smelled marijuana and conducted a search of the vehicle," said DPS spokesman Sgt. Jimmy Morgan.
He was charged with possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces and was released 12 hours later, on his own recognizance, according to online records."

Normal.

sojourner truth
March 15th, 2019, 8:23 PM
I figured as much.... Maybe they will put him in SAC for his misdeeds.

fchafey
March 16th, 2019, 9:15 AM
Hope he gave his lawyer a huge hug.....

Ludwig
March 21st, 2019, 3:17 PM
The decision on release or retention of Superintendent Nelson, who came to Waco two years ago on a five-year contract, will be made today. My guess is that they will vote to keep him because if they don’t then they will have to pay out the nose – or, more precisely, the taxpayers will. Nelson is being paid $272,000 per year. With that kind of outflow, can they afford to hire another superintendent? I doubt it.

CenTexDave
March 21st, 2019, 5:48 PM
Maybe, but I'm sure in his contract there has to be a clause about breaking the law.

sojourner truth
March 21st, 2019, 6:23 PM
Why is there even any controversy with this whole thing?

If this guy was anyone else in a regular position, he would have been handed his hat and got his severance pay already.

Near as I can connive is that he must have one of those jobs like most CMs do where they have a monster payout if he leaves and the city of Waco would just as soon keep a doper to run their schools as pay out the big money.

gnatsum
March 21st, 2019, 6:57 PM
Maybe the Waco ISD has an employment statement that allows employees "three strikes", as long as none of the offenses are sex crimes, theft from the ISD, felony assaults, or property crimes...

Ricky
March 21st, 2019, 10:30 PM
According to the Fox 44 News Channel he resigned.

Ludwig
March 22nd, 2019, 9:20 AM
No one predicted that turnout. He did the honorable thing and it only cost the WISD about $90K to say goodbye. A good outcome for allcon.

CenTexDave
March 22nd, 2019, 11:04 AM
He did resign, and was stated he was not forced to. $96K paid to him.

sojourner truth
March 22nd, 2019, 12:25 PM
Yep... As I predicted, there was a Golden Parachute behind all of this. I still say that consideration was the biggest reason WISD did not can this clown the second after he was arrested.

What was funniest was watching all of the idiots that came to the hearing backing this druggie up. Shoot, folks, if one of your own kids got caught doing this they would have been suspended in a heartbeat.

ithoughtso
March 22nd, 2019, 3:28 PM
If they had kept him then any former employee that was fired for the same thing would probably sue.

fchafey
March 22nd, 2019, 5:21 PM
And since he pleaded it down to 90 hours of community out reach or some such thing he is free to apply anywhere else and use his 96k to move.....hope he thanked his lawyer....

sojourner truth
March 22nd, 2019, 5:46 PM
Well, that and the arrest and charges will be removed from his record. Like it never even happened.

I can almost hear the appeal from him right now arguing that he has never done anything wrong, and that there is no record of it anywhere... And he would be correct.

Why am I suspicious that we haven't heard the last from this guy? Him and Claudia Brown... The cured diseases that just won't die.

just2cents
March 23rd, 2019, 12:21 PM
Well, that and the arrest and charges will be removed from his record. Like it never even happened.

I can almost hear the appeal from him right now arguing that he has never done anything wrong, and that there is no record of it anywhere... And he would be correct.

Why am I suspicious that we haven't heard the last from this guy? Him and Claudia Brown... The cured diseases that just won't die.

From all reports he had been doing a great job, it does not seem fair to link him in any way with Claudia Brown.

gnatsum
March 23rd, 2019, 12:38 PM
.....hope he thanked his lawyer....

His lawyer probably thanked him--no long drawn out trial, no having to track down possible character witnesses, no long hours spent in the library doing research on similar cases...
The lawyer "earned" his retainer fee, plus. :)) Now he has the bucks to replace that hot tub in his backyard...

sojourner truth
March 23rd, 2019, 12:53 PM
From all reports he had been doing a great job, it does not seem fair to link him in any way with Claudia Brown.

Wasn't aware that making unfair comparisons was against forum rules. Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure all of the liberals get the word.

I guess the thing both have in common is that they lost a job, and now seem not to be able to go away. Of course, that remains to be seen with WISDs resident doper but then again, I used the words "I am suspicious" which indicates skepticism and not fact.

Night Owl
March 23rd, 2019, 2:35 PM
How many soldiers have been popped for MJ. I bet they wished their problems went away as easily as this morons especially with a payday at the end.

fchafey
March 24th, 2019, 8:09 PM

That's fair but he was in a position of authority. Most of us on here were taught to blindly obey those type of people. Though I do hope weed is legal someday, for the time being it is illegal and he shouldn't have done that. his back hurt....my a$$...sorry excuse and for that pack your crap and take Grandma with you....

Ricky
March 24th, 2019, 9:14 PM
That's fair but he was in a position of authority. Most of us on here were taught to blindly obey those type of people. Though I do hope weed is legal someday, for the time being it is illegal and he shouldn't have done that. his back hurt....my a$$...sorry excuse and for that pack your crap and take Grandma with you....

His back should hurt... if you consider the size of that food blister:yikeswhite: he's carrying around with him... AKA his stomach :puke: that thing's just like a mark 19... A two-man carry.

sojourner truth
March 24th, 2019, 10:11 PM
In other words, when you tell him to haul ass it takes 2 trips?:))

just2cents
March 25th, 2019, 12:12 AM

I see and understand your point they could have jailed him or fired him no problem. To link him to C Brown is just Cruel and Unusual Punishment .