PDA

View Full Version : Ellison New Head Coach

stevendub
March 9th, 2018, 11:05 PM
Todd Wright, comes over from Houston Waltrip High & led them to an undefeated regular season & was named district coach of the year. KDH has the full article on him. Inherits some talent on the Eagles’ squad, we’ll see how he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CenTexDave
March 10th, 2018, 4:32 AM
Looks like an excellent hire.

onetime
March 10th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Another stellar hire for kisd, can’t attract big name head coaches or coordinators. They don’t hire from within so there’s no incentive to stay and they don’t pay teachers/coaches much either. Way to go. They grabbed a guy that came from a weak district in Houston that’s coming here to retire. Big deal, he will have 6-10 years to do nothing here. I’m anxious to see how shoemaker does this year after losing big after coach hall left only to blame one person for that setback. Then hire a Houston area coach in a weak district only to have that same coach lose big. Great job kisd

xzochye
March 10th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Awe sweet little negative nelly with her panties in a bunch is back. :rolleyes

onetime
March 10th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Awe sweet little negative nelly with her panties in a bunch is back. :rolleyes

Just reporting facts sir. I’ll remove my panties a little later.

xzochye
March 10th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Just reporting facts sir. I’ll remove my panties a little later.

It's ma'am and be careful with that they have been there for such a long time there may be medical complications when removed.

mac
March 10th, 2018, 1:07 PM
tmi, you two.......TMI!

onetime
March 10th, 2018, 3:22 PM
It's ma'am and be careful with that they have been there for such a long time there may be medical complications when removed.

Apologies but they had the opportunity to snag a state champion and they whiffed.

ExKilleencitizen
March 10th, 2018, 6:09 PM
State champion coaches cost a lot of money...money that KISD doesn't have....kind of hard to justify a half billion bond when you pay top dollar for a football coach don't ya think???

Wolfdawg
March 10th, 2018, 6:14 PM
The amount for that position is set no matter who it is (it's an administrative position along with being a coach). It's not like college where you have to pay for experience. What he will make will be offset by what the retiring coach isn't making any more.

sojourner truth
March 10th, 2018, 6:42 PM
Well, I suppose the comparison between a coaches paycheck and a teachers is always an interesting discussion.

What got me was the tome I was sitting in the bleachers of an Ellison Baseball game and overheard 2 future Ellison teachers that were coaches imported with the new hire talking about what they were teaching in the classroom next year. One of them said "Business something or other... you know.. some BS to take up the time between games"

Bad thing was my teacher wife who also taught business at Ellison sitting there and telling me that there were going to be a few new clueless business teachers around next year.

Some of these coaching salaries are ridiculous when compared to a teachers salary. And yes, I do know that coaches have to do other things besides coach. At least the assistant coaches do anyhow.

mac
March 10th, 2018, 10:49 PM
What got me was the tome I was sitting in the bleachers of an Ellison Baseball game and overheard 2 future Ellison teachers that were coaches imported with the new hire talking about what they were teaching in the classroom next year. One of them said "Business something or other... you know.. some BS to take up the time between games"

right about here I was trying to visualize you sitting on a tome.....it wasn't 'till near the end of the line that I figured out it was a typo. interesting visual, though.....mac

Night Owl
March 10th, 2018, 11:28 PM
I agree. When a district pays more to a person teaching kids how to play a silly than to teachers actually educating our children there is something wrong with the education system. When I was in school coaches actually taught classes and received a stipend for coaching a team. There was no athletic director and the basketball coach was the assistant coach for football and the football coach did the same for basketball. Yeppers, we had a total of 2 coaches in the school. Now we have more coaches than some colleges do. Something wrong with that picture.

Rick
March 11th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Just reporting facts sir. I’ll remove my panties a little later.Why did the Skynrd song, "That Smell" just start playing in my head?

sojourner truth
March 11th, 2018, 1:44 PM
right about here I was trying to visualize you sitting on a tome.....it wasn't 'till near the end of the line that I figured out it was a typo. interesting visual, though.....mac

Well... You're right about that. I do read a lot though. My computer, for the last few years has a tendency to misspell stuff too. My fat fingers don't help either.

What it does lately is to not let the shift key loose quickly so you may see a lot of my postings with the first 2 letters in caps. Guess I should do a bit of keyboard maintenance on it now and then... That, and the coal chute in back is getting a might dusty.

xzochye
March 11th, 2018, 10:12 PM
What it does lately is to not let the shift key loose quickly so you may see a lot of my postings with the first 2 letters in caps. .

Good to know I am not the only one with that problem.

April 21st, 2018, 11:53 PM
Coaches base salary and teacher base salary are the same. It is the stipends that are different. Every coach except the coordinator teach classes, (well unless you coach in Cove) As of right now, Coach Wright didn't import any coaches with him.