PDA

View Full Version : My NASTY dog...

Scarlett
June 27th, 2009, 1:23 PM
Ok, this is just GROSS. Rocky, the puppy, keeps climbing into the litter box and EATING the cat ****.
WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!

engteach64
June 27th, 2009, 2:54 PM
My vet told me that when dogs eat poop it's because it is a warm treat. Feel better now?

my3dogs
June 27th, 2009, 6:59 PM
I think all dogs enjoy the Hors d'oeuvres that come from the litter box. Of course mine like the hairballs too.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
June 29th, 2009, 9:31 AM
That's what separates us from them.....and the whole thumb thing!!! Not to worry, this habit is disgusting but does indicate any deficiency. I guess a pat on the head is now more appropriate than a lick on the face.

I guess Rocky could join Andrew Zimmern on the Discovery Channel and be his sidekick.

CenTexDave
June 29th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Hopefully he'll outgrow it. Every dog that I ever had that did that seemed to leave the stuff alone after they got older.

Night Owl
June 29th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I was told to use meat tenderizer on the dogs food and it would cause the dogs not to eat the poop. It works for dogs but I don't know about cats.

xzochye
June 29th, 2009, 2:09 PM
I bought one of those electric litter boxes and now my dogs can't get to the poop to eat it. Also, the first time the box clean itself kinda scared them.

bytem
June 29th, 2009, 5:09 PM
Hopefully he'll outgrow it. Every dog that I ever had that did that seemed to leave the stuff alone after they got older.

I have a nine year old who LOVES the stuff.Especially if the cat has a little stomach trouble.............

Scarlett
June 29th, 2009, 5:32 PM
Ok, I thought you meant a nine year old KID, and I was about to throw up.

bytem
June 29th, 2009, 6:03 PM
Ok, I thought you meant a nine year old KID, and I was about to throw up.

NO no no a nine year old female rotti :))

VooDooBaby
June 29th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I bought one of those electric litter boxes and now my dogs can't get to the poop to eat it. Also, the first time the box clean itself kinda scared them.

These things are great. My kitty LOVED his. Also, if you go on ebay, you can get liners real cheap, and it makes it easier to empty. Like a trash bag liner for the receptical. One receptical would last weeks, and I just took out the bag like I take out the trash.

THEMEANOGRE
June 30th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Well, I heard that rodentia go through a multiple pass in body waste elimination.
After the first eating, waste comes out it is actually quite nutricious for the subject critter. After the second time through, the nutrition is sufficiently depleted, they won't touch it. Animals are very intuitive about what they eat. They tend to eat whatever they think will provide for their nutritional needs and only as much as they need. If your dog eats a heaping bowl of dry food, have the vet check for vitamin and mineral deficeincy.

old dino
July 3rd, 2009, 1:18 PM
We keep the kitty litter in the laundry room. We installed a kitty sized door so the doggies won't get the crunchy treats. Yucky. Well what do you expect from someone who licks their butt?