PDA

View Full Version : How often is "sporadic"?

Dagobert II
April 25th, 2017, 4:53 PM
I guess you have to be an ATF agent to know that and I would guess the ATF agent would have to establish continuous use over a day, week, month, year? Who can afford that much ammo?
Shouldering a firearm equipped with a barrel less than 16 inches and an arm brace would make it an unregistered National Firearm Act item, ATF says in the letter dated March 21, adding that it continues to “stand by those conclusions.”
But “incidental, sporadic, or situational” use of a firearm equipped with an arm brace “in its original approved configuration” at or near the shoulder would not constitute a redesign nor make it an NFA item, ATF says.

Source: http://www.guns.com/2017/04/25/atf-reverses-decision-on-ar-arm-brace/

Shotgun Jeremy
April 25th, 2017, 4:59 PM
This is a huge improvement. I'm glad they turned back on the original ruling. Makes me think there was a change of leadership.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Mestral
April 30th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Trump says he will fully protect the 2nd Amendment.
When I see the repeal of the infringements found in the 1968 gun control act
and repeal of the restrictions on suppressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns, I will be convinced.

Dagobert II
April 30th, 2017, 10:39 AM
and repeal of the restrictions on suppressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns, I will be convinced. ...and the criminal prosecution of those enemies of the constitution that infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms under color of law.

mac
April 30th, 2017, 12:22 PM
and repeal of the restrictions on suppressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns, I will be convinced.

I doubt if he can do anything about that thing we call the Gun Control Act of '64 but, for damned sure, our Representatives and Senators can. I think that all that stuff on barrel lengths and suppressors are prob'ly rules or regulations, not laws, and he can damned sure wipe them out....but the ATF will prob'ly try very hard to talk him out of it (and succeed).....mac

Mestral
April 30th, 2017, 4:44 PM
I know if I were in charge, I would fire any of the ATF that showed up in my office
to try to convince me to keep those rules.

mac
April 30th, 2017, 5:26 PM
I know if I were in charge, I would fire any of the ATF that showed up in my office
to try to convince me to keep those rules.

yep, me too. i would've closed that shop up my first hour in the seat....mac

Dagobert II
April 30th, 2017, 8:11 PM
yep, me too. i would've closed that shop up my first hour in the seat....mac Just to show how liberal some of my facebook acquaintances are, I once mentioned something along those lines and they thought I was talking about the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).